China has no brand name recognition

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Iridium satellite is a competitor of GPS, it not only provides data and voice ,but also provide satellite navigation like GPS. it is asskicked by GPS ,just because it had a poorer cost performance.
You don't know what you're talking about.... as usual. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Name brand recognition has little meaning beyond consumer goods markets. If you look at the fortune 500 list, for example, there are lots of companies most people are not even aware of, that's simply because they don't directly provide goods or services to the mass.

South Korea has this colossus called 'samsung' and a few other big known companies, yet it has lower GDP per capital than spain, a country of similar size in terms of population. How many spanish brands can you name? real madrid maybe?

As more chinese companies making the fortune 500 list, there will be more and more globally recognized brands from China, no question about it. But this process sure takes time.

amoy

Probably India isn't an export oriented or manufacturing-intensive country other than 'service industry' (back-office alike). As a result not really many Ind brands or corporate names are known among Chinese. I can count with fingers - INfosys, Wipro, Tata, Reliance??? What's more?

But Ind is really popular for back-office service. My ex-employer outsources IT and a Global service centre in Mumbai (or Banglore?? can't recall). Whenever we had an IT problem (as trivial as password revoked, or system upgrade) or internal questionaire, actually we got connected to India on phone or via IM although an Beijing number was dialled. But there's hardly a 'brand' known for such service providers (at least in CN).

Consumers instinctively gain a sense of brand recognition. For example we prefer Volkswagen, Toyota and Honda which stand for 'quality' while shrugging off S.Korean brands like Kia, or Hyundai (at least in my city). By the way a poster boasted NANO of Tata was the cheapest car in the world that shall be a joke, because I'm sure Alto of Suzuki is the cheapest in China probably at 15k RMB ($1=RMB 6.8).

Last edited:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Demand and perception for quality goes hand in hand with income. The level of income determines the kind of goods and services you will be getting (you get what you pay for). If chinese goods are good enough for the north american market, or the european market, and markets else where in the world, then they are good enough for the indian market also. The same logic applies to goods produced in india also. If everyone in india demands LV, Gucci or Armani kinds of clothing and nothing else, they soon will be left with no money to buy food. And indian companies making this kind of goods will all go bankrupt because they won't find any takers. Hope you get it.
Chinese goods sell in US only when you put a western label to it. Most of the chinese goods selling in US are designed in US, only manufacturing part is outsourced to China. Take the example of Apple products, they are designed in US but manufactured in China but that doesn't mean that they are Chinese goods they are actually American goods, China being the labour here. You need to grasp this difference.

The point of this thread is that there are no chinese designed, chinese innovated, chinese made products that have world recognized brands.

Rest of what you wrote is blabbering and off-topic to this thread.

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

The word 'india' or 'indian' is generally not compatible with the word 'quality'.

Time to wake up!
I am pretty sure Word Quality has its origin from China.

Offcourse there is a prefix with it . that is "poor".=omg=

A.V.

Demand and perception for quality goes hand in hand with income. The level of income determines the kind of goods and services you will be getting (you get what you pay for). If chinese goods are good enough for the north american market, or the european market, and markets else where in the world, then they are good enough for the indian market also
the highlighted part why is it are european and north americans in any way superior or is it that their choices matter and choice of asians dont just because they can spend more on accesories and clothing means their choices matter only .. try and explain this logic to big brands who are jostling for space ........in indian markets take this example .......

a mnc like pepsico whith worldwide presence sells its products everywhere if even 10% of indian population but their product the revenue generated will be more than any european country even if 90 % of their population buy pepsi .........

so your argument holds no logic that if its good for europe its good for india sorry cant buy that ...this sense of blind west worship is not good , what is good must be appreciated and india does that if europe makes better products appreciate it just because it sells in europe is good for india nobody is buying that thats why every major company has its indian subsidiary pepsico(india) star ( india ) if you sell what you sell to other parts then bye bye indian market

A.V.

The word 'india' or 'indian' is generally not compatible with the word 'quality'.

Time to wake up!
ok fine i take it what you say now answer this you associate quality with ....................?

A.V.

Some similar myths:
Indian students are the brightest: in the US at least they are not any more smarter or productive than students from other countries.
Indian universities (IITs) are the best: indian universities are no where to be found in the top 100 of most global ranking lists or in the top 20 of most asian lists.
Indians are extremely smart and very intellectural: The avg IQ of indians is not better than other people( quite contrary..., but I am not going into this), and literacy rate is still among the worst in the world.
thats plain ranting ..... the thread is "CHINA HAVE NO BRAND NAME " incase you interpreted it as " CHINA HAVING NO BRAND NAME BUT INDIA HAS " or " CHINA VS INDIA BAND NAME " i suggest that we keep this ranting off as it will not lead to the issue that we are talking about we are talking about china the thread must focus on china and the world not china vs india would appreciate logical debates this VS **** fighting is not good for anybody

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
thats plain ranting ..... the thread is "CHINA HAVE NO BRAND NAME " incase you interpreted it as " CHINA HAVING NO BRAND NAME BUT INDIA HAS " or " CHINA VS INDIA BAND NAME " i suggest that we keep this ranting off as it will not lead to the issue that we are talking about we are talking about china the thread must focus on china and the world not china vs india would appreciate logical debates this VS **** fighting is not good for anybody
Is it really possible to discuss china without at least making one reference to india in this forum? You ask yourselv.

BTW, I was merely responding to someone's claim that india = quality. Someone asked can China be associated with quality, the answer is of course not. But chinese goods are certainly good enough for any family making less than 10 bucks a day, and that includes 90% of india's population.

A.V.

Is it really possible to discuss china without at least making one reference to india in this forum? You ask yourselv.

BTW, I was merely responding to someone's claim that india = quality. Someone asked can China be associated with quality, the answer is of course not. But chinese goods are certainly good enough for any family making less than 10 bucks a day, and that includes 90% of india's population.
did you see me or any other staff edit or delete your post ? i just made a request for better discussions as what you pointed was not good enough ...

now reply to my earlier two posts and stand by what you said if its good for europe then its good for india ? judging from your post i think you are some kind of indian expert to be honest my knowledge about india is limited too as is chinas but i can still make out the rants and ignorance in your post .

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Demand and perception for quality goes hand in hand with income. The level of income determines the kind of goods and services you will be getting (you get what you pay for). If chinese goods are good enough for the north american market, or the european market, and markets else where in the world, then they are good enough for the indian market also. The same logic applies to goods produced in india as well. If everyone in india demands LV, Gucci or Armani kinds of clothing and nothing else, they soon will be left with no money to buy food. And indian companies making this kind of goods will all go bankrupt because they won't find any takers. Hope you get it.

Some similar myths:
Indian students are the brightest: in the US at least they are not any more smarter or productive than students from other countries.
Indian universities (IITs) are the best: indian universities are no where to be found in the top 100 of most global ranking lists or in the top 20 of most asian lists.
Indians are extremely smart and very intellectural: The avg IQ of indians is not better than other people( quite contrary..., but I am not going into this), and literacy rate is still among the worst in the world.

LoL...

I asked you who says "Indian/India word not compatible with Quality" ?? Who's the heavenly authority to claim so?

The avg IQ of indians is not better than other people( quite contrary..., but I am not going into this)
You better don't get into it...

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
chinese goods are certainly good enough for any family making less than 10 bucks a day, and that includes 90% of india's population.
Where you get figures saying 90% of Indians make less than 10 bucks a day? In that case, I might not be able to have my dinner tonight..

Even if held true that chinese goods are enough better for 90% Indian population, doesn't make Chinese companies Global Brands...

GOI provides mid-day meal to the largest population in this world everyday but it won't make those Government contractors Global Brands.
Stick to the topic...

amoy

GOI provides mid-day meal to the largest population in this world everyday but it won't make those Government contractors Global Brands.
Stick to the topic...

++++++++++++++=
this doesn't sound inspiring when %% of populaton count on Government meals - are they civil servants or school pupils?

Stick to the topic Please would you if not i would be forced to deleat your post as it is grossly OT

Regards

F-14

Last edited by a moderator:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Stick to the topic...

++++++++++++++=
this doesn't sound inspiring when %% of populaton count on Government meals - are they civil servants or school pupils?
Are we discussing The topic entitled "China has no brand recognition"?
This is total OT...

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Stick to the topic...

++++++++++++++=
Only school kids, not the entire population. Its an incentive to not drop out from school. You are posting and off topic one liner and asking people to stick to the topic. You are marked boy.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
2k2 pleas continue post that message was for ohimalaya not for you

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles