China has joined the club with its first aircraft carrier

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
i donot want to hurt anybody,but some members seem to be acute chineese lover,actually urs comments do sound good to pakis * chineese but not us.
Some members are actually Chinese - they are our guests and "Atithi Deva bhaba" - did you think of that? On the other hand, if truth hearts you, then I am sorry - I am not here to pander to false patriots and bigots. I have lived in three continents and seen several cultures, I know what bigotry looks like. I am here to learn, to teach and to have fun (but not at the expense of someone else).

debasree

Country flag
Some members are actually Chinese - they are our guests and "Atithi Deva bhaba" - did you think of that? On the other hand, if truth hearts you, then I am sorry - I am not here to pander to false patriots and bigots. I have lived in three continents and seen several cultures, I know what bigotry looks like. I am here to learn, to teach and to have fun (but not at the expense of someone else).
athithi dev bhava is appropriate when visitor at least not enemical to you,what do u mean false patriotts and bogots our country will be allways weak for people like you.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
athithi dev bhava is appropriate when visitor at least not enemical to you,what do u mean false patriotts and bogots our country will be allways weak for people like you.
Friends, please dont get personal on any of the issues. And Debasree, this is an open forum and everyone here can put forward their views no matter whether they are right or wrong. Hold your patience and if you find anything odd then consult the mods. No need to post things like of whom our nation should be weak or strong. :nono:

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Atithi Dev Bhava is for visitors both "friendly" and "enemical" - if it was for friendly visitors only, then it would not be considered a wisdom, it would be called boot-licking - know that word?
As for "people like me" - we are the ones who share ideas and bring in new ones. We are called "open-minded". You want to know what the opposite is? Try sycophancy. Try Nazi Germany, Stalin's Soviet Union, Mao's China (especially "cultural revolution"). If you think bullying and insulting visitors is "strength", then you are nothing but a schoolyard bully. The tenor of your posts seem like the Pakistani posters in the Pak defense forums, only difference, they rant against India, you rant against China.
I think as Indians, we are much more open-minded than most other countries. It is what makes us "better" than them (Pakistan, China etc). So, what you call weakness is what I call strength.
Ace out ....

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The Shi Lang will be underway before the end of the year.

debasree

Country flag
Atithi Dev Bhava is for visitors both "friendly" and "enemical" - if it was for friendly visitors only, then it would not be considered a wisdom, it would be called boot-licking - know that word?
As for "people like me" - we are the ones who share ideas and bring in new ones. We are called "open-minded". You want to know what the opposite is? Try sycophancy. Try Nazi Germany, Stalin's Soviet Union, Mao's China (especially "cultural revolution"). If you think bullying and insulting visitors is "strength", then you are nothing but a schoolyard bully. The tenor of your posts seem like the Pakistani posters in the Pak defense forums, only difference, they rant against India, you rant against China.
I think as Indians, we are much more open-minded than most other countries. It is what makes us "better" than them (Pakistan, China etc). So, what you call weakness is what I call strength.
Ace out ....
for urs open mindedness u earn lot of cllap from west, but i am drawing urs attention what chineese r doing they built a dam in their territory ,so that they can divert brmhaputra river,and urs friend ship in these case can not earn anything,for ours cowrdly nature we r the laughing stak at the eyes of other nation.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
for urs open mindedness u earn lot of cllap from west, but i am drawing urs attention what chineese r doing they built a dam in their territory ,so that they can divert brmhaputra river,and urs friend ship in these case can not earn anything,for ours cowrdly nature we r the laughing stak at the eyes of other nation.
Really? And you know this how? Have you been to other nations and talked to them? Have you watched their news? Read their Newspapers?
India gets WAY more respect NOW than ever before. And it is as much because of the strong economy as because of how Indians represent their country. Indians abroad are smart, courteous, broad-minded (open-minded). World over, India and Indians are thought of highly exactly because we are not bullies (like the Chinese) or disruptive (like the Pakistanis).
As for "earning a clap" from the west, it also earns us their jobs, their business, their money, their weapons and technology.
The Dam on Brahmaputra is a contentious issue, so is the Indian dams in Punjab are contentious with Pakistan. The asnwer is to engage diplomatically with your neighbor. Or else what do you suggest? Nuke the Chinese Dam? Declare war?
Come to your senses and be a real Indian. Don't become like our enemies by your hatred for them.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Go to Youku comments, plenty say it is nuclear!

Parthy

Air Warrior
First China aircraft carrier sea trial next week

China's first aircraft carrier, Varyag -- a remodeled Soviet-era vessel -- will go on sea trials next week, a report said Tuesday, amid escalating tensions in the South China Sea.

China's top military official reportedly confirmed earlier this month that Beijing is building a huge aircraft carrier, the first acknowledgement of the ship's existence from China's secretive defence program.

The Hong Kong Commercial Daily, which broke the story of the vessel's confirmation, quoted unnamed military sources saying the carrier will go on sea trials on July 1 but will not be officially launched until October 2012.

The sources said the test has been expedited in view of rising tensions in the South China Sea -- home to two potentially oil-rich archipelagos, the Paracels and Spratlys -- in recent weeks.

China's military "hopes it will show the strength of the Chinese maritime forces to deter other nations which are eying the South China Sea in order to calm tensions," the sources said.

They added that the sea trial date was also picked to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the Chinese Communist Party, but noted that factors such as weather could affect the planned test run.

China's military did not immediately respond to an AFP request for comment.

Tensions between Beijing and other rival claimants to the strategically vital South China Sea have heightened recently.

China has claimed mineral rights around the disputed Spratly Islands in the South China Sea, and argued that foreign navies cannot sail through the area without Beijing's permission.

In September, Japan and China also clashed over the disputed Senkaku Islands, known as the Diaoyu Islands in China, located in the East China Sea.

But Chinese officials have previously said that its first aircraft carrier would not pose a threat to other nations, in accordance with Beijing's defensive military strategy.

The Chinese aircraft carrier plan was confirmed when the chief of the General Staff of the People's Liberation Army, Chen Bingde, confirmed the ship's existence in an interview with the Hong Kong paper.

He said the 300 metre (990-foot) former Soviet carrier, originally called the Varyag, was being overhauled. The ship is currently based in the northeast port of Dalian.

An expert on China's military has reportedly said the carrier would be used for training and as a model for a future indigenous-built ship.

The Varyag was originally built for the Soviet navy but construction was interrupted by the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991.

The PLA -- the largest army in the world -- is hugely secretive about its defence programs, which benefit from a large military budget boosted by the nation's runaway economic growth.

Read more: http://www.defencetalk.com/first-china-aircraft-carrier-sea-trial-next-week-35154/#ixzz1Pz1kVf7d

Parthy

Air Warrior
^^^ Hope, finally this post answers the mystery of engine installation in Varyag...

debasree

Country flag
Really? And you know this how? Have you been to other nations and talked to them? Have you watched their news? Read their Newspapers?
India gets WAY more respect NOW than ever before. And it is as much because of the strong economy as because of how Indians represent their country. Indians abroad are smart, courteous, broad-minded (open-minded). World over, India and Indians are thought of highly exactly because we are not bullies (like the Chinese) or disruptive (like the Pakistanis).
As for "earning a clap" from the west, it also earns us their jobs, their business, their money, their weapons and technology.
The Dam on Brahmaputra is a contentious issue, so is the Indian dams in Punjab are contentious with Pakistan. The asnwer is to engage diplomatically with your neighbor. Or else what do you suggest? Nuke the Chinese Dam? Declare war?
Come to your senses and be a real Indian. Don't become like our enemies by your hatred for them.
my friend do not angry but if im not wrong you post about many virtues of chineese and now u say they are biulling other people,so my question is what do u want to behave with a bully?

redragon

Country flag
my friend do not angry but if im not wrong you post about many virtues of chineese and now u say they are biulling other people,so my question is what do u want to behave with a bully?
Jeez, I thought my english is the worst

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
The way to behave with a Bully is NOT to bully back, but to stand firm and show your strength. Being a bully yourself is like biting a dog because the dog bit you. The treatment for bullies is the same as with dogs, start with words, if those fail, get a BIG stick.
Coming back to the forum postings, ranting nasty about your neighbors, "frenemies" or even enemies is not the best behaviour. It only shows your weakness, not your strength.
China is our "Frenemy", Pakistan our Enemy and rest are our neighbors.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles