China harvesting organs from prisoners

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
BEIJING: More than 65% of all transplanted organs in China come from executed prisoners, a situation that a senior health official has condemned as
improper, state media reported on Wednesday.

The report in the English-language China Daily, which attributed the figure to health experts, was a rare acknowledgement of the role played by death row prisoners in the country�s transplant industry.
Executed inmates �are definitely not a proper source for organ transplants�, the paper quoted vice minister of health Huang Jiefu as saying.

In order to curb the country�s �long-time dependence� on using organs from executed prisoners, the Red Cross Society of China on Tuesday launched a national organ donation system, the paper said.

The new system will aim to end the widespread illegal trafficking of organs that sees patients with money skip ahead of those on the waiting list who are perhaps more in need, the report said.
China executes more prisoners than any other country in the world, according to London-based Amnesty International but the actual number of those put to death is considered a state secret by the government in Beijing.

Following accusations that organs were being harvested from executed prisoners without consent, China enacted transplant regulations in 2007. The rules ban organ trafficking as well as �transplant tourism� by high-paying foreign patients, and stipulate that executed prisoners can only donate organs to relatives.

But such regulations have not curbed the long-standing practices, the China Daily said. �Some just ignore legal procedures regarding organ donations from executed prisoners and make a fat profit,� the paper said. According to official estimates, around 1.5 million Chinese need transplants each year but only 10,000 operations are carried out due to a severe shortage of donors, Xinhua said.

Most China transplants from dead prisoners - China - World - NEWS - The Times of India

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
mate this is an open secret that the chinies presioners end up unwilling donors after death and there is a massive black market for these organs

T

tianzhushaonv

no, there isnt a massive black market for these organs ,india is the biggest organ market for the whole world ,eyery one knows,at first i dont belive it ,but after watching the film M SLUMDOG,I beliive it we did it under the sun ,not black market ,one of my friends is a nurse ,she once told me its the best way to get the body for study.we china lack the organ ,and we have the black market outside our country,

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
i can give you vdos and articles that state the same and it is pretty hilarious that you take a punny film as an yard stick to judge my nation and when did we say that our nation is a social utopia ??

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
even before i give you the articals you are like this then when i give you what will you act like and please mind your language mate

peace123

@ tianzhushaonv

i'm just curious, can u plz tell me why all pakistanis and chinese never accept the reality and any thing against china/pakistani is immediately converted into a indian propaganda or
why u (chinese/pakist..) try to put the same topic against india? can u put some light on it

i'm asking u becausefrom ur point of view its look like india is the worst country in the world and china/pakistan r the best.

T

tianzhushaonv

mate ,who is the one bashing china ,difenitly not india ,is the west ,cccp is gone 4ever ,and they begun to find a another one to deal with ,india ? china ?russia?,except china ,both of the two cuntries are so weak compared to the west ,they begun to shit china for the aim of politc and someting else ,and you india think yourslf are in the west club ,you begun to bash china without investgation,open your eveys man ,plz dont be a pupet dog of west ,china isnt like the what the west propoganda describe,

the west use tibet and falungong issus as a knife ,and made up stories with nothing can support it ,we dont hate india ,but hate your atitude ,bcause you are not strong enough .but with big mouth and always be the pupet of the west

we have long history of being friends ,whu left the zang nan (ap)stuff,whu left india and paksitan problem,and they made us to fight with each other ,sell wepon to both of us,that s so ooo shit ,

peace123

no no no
wait a moment

so u r saying that china in all this is a victim comon open ur eyes india never did anything agaisnt china, it's china who has created its own image in the world community by trying to occupy territories, deploying heavy arms on indo-sino border, claiming territories attacking neighbours, manufacturing bad quality products, violating human rights eccc;

and plz u chinese with ur friends dont talk about propaganda and u should know why....

T

tianzhushaonv

and whu occupy territories.not india ,but de GB,AND you think you got the relik of bitish india,and whu suport you wepons when we were in a war 1962 ,"manufacturing bad quality products, violating human rights eccc;"oh come on ,if the usa leader want to win the vote ,best way is shiting china,firast ,thay pretend to take care of their people ,sec,china break the rules that "the west companies rule the west",thay shout to be a free market ,the best way is shiting china too,and for human rights,west and east have the different concept of them,for us ,living much better then someone whu claim to be a demo country is de best HR

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
we have long history of being friends ,whu left the zang nan (ap)stuff,whu left india and paksitan problem,and they made us to fight with each other ,sell wepon to both of us,that s so ooo shit ,
Yes, we were friends for a long time in history without encroaching upon each others land. This changed when China has started encroaching upon the lands that doesn't belong to it and making foes out of friends. I hope china will learn lessons.

T

tianzhushaonv

bingo ,you filnaly piont out the reason ,all in all, bcause of zang nan (AP),YOU fall behind west shitting china ,jiust one question ,who left the zang nan staff for both of us ,the GB did the same thing all over the world,but we are the only big ones cant be handled like small ones ,so they made us fight with each other ,not by the yankees,why they sell weapons to both india and paksitan,why??during 1979 to 1989 amraica and china honenymoon, the yankees even sell weapons like heli and aircraft tech to face india ,

Antimony

Silly question here:

why is this in the World Defence Watch?

does this not belong to the news section, for whoever among us in interested in Chinese news?

nimo_cn

Country flag
@ tianzhushaonv

i'm asking u becausefrom ur point of view its look like india is the worst country in the world and china/pakistan r the best.
My friend,
We have never said that China is the best, actually China is far away from being the best.

We are sorry we have said something negative about India, but it is because some Indians do the same to China at the first place. We will stop doing this as long as you stop.

Rage

DFI TEAM
bingo ,you filnaly piont out the reason ,all in all, bcause of zang nan (AP),YOU fall behind west shitting china ,jiust one question ,who left the zang nan staff for both of us ,the GB did the same thing all over the world,but we are the only big ones cant be handled like small ones ,so they made us fight with each other ,not by the yankees,why they sell weapons to both india and paksitan,why??during 1979 to 1989 amraica and china honenymoon, the yankees even sell weapons like heli and aircraft tech to face india ,

What the f@ck are you going on about? Arun'aachal Pradesh is and forever will be part of India. Since our independence we have ceded none of the territories we have laid claim to- except for a third of the disputed territory of Jammu & Kashmir - for they have rightfully been ours since the domain of Aryavarta - and we have neither INTENTION nor INCLINATION of doing it either. Do you hear me well?

Furthemore, Arun'aachal Pradesh has always been encompassed within Indian civilization - in particular 'Hindu civilization'- evident via excavated temples discovered in in West Siang in recent years; and the local, indigenous Hindu civilization discovered at Idu Mishmi in Bhismaknagar. You would do well to read up on the history of the region.

Chinese fanboys that have always taken recourse to selective-evidencing have laid claim to every territory China has illegally annexed, occupied or disputed within the last half-century. Like the proper irredentist state you are, you have sought to impose your culture and 'civilization' upon these states, going to the extent of calling them 'barbarian' and 'uncivilized tribes' without realizing that they had a spiritual and philosophical culture to rival yours. Your "historical-empirical claims" to Indian Ladakh and the unique nation of Tibet have been debunked ad-nauseum here: http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/ar...tions-india-troop-build-up-near-border-8.html ; as have your bids for Arunachal Pradesh.

And please, for the love of Gaia and Juno alive, type coherent, comprehendible English.

shankarosky

quite possible -china may ahve the highest number of executions other than saudi arabia

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | China admits death row organ use

China is trying to move away from the use of executed prisoners as the major source of organs for transplants.

According to the China Daily newspaper, executed prisoners currently provide two-thirds of all transplant organs.

The government is now launching a voluntary donation scheme, which it hopes will also curb the illegal trafficking in organs.

But analysts say cultural bias against removing organs after death will make a voluntary scheme hard to implement.

Thriving black market

About 1.5 million people in China need transplants, but only about 10,000 operations are performed annually, according to the health ministry.

The scarcity of available organs has led to a thriving black market in trafficked organs, and in an effort to stop this the government passed a law in 2007 banning trafficking as well as the donation of organs to unrelated recipients.

But in practice, illegal transplants - some from living donors - are still frequently reported by the media and the Ministry of Health.

Human rights groups have often criticised China for its lack of transparency over organ donation, but critics have focused particular concern on the use of body parts from executed prisoners.

In a rare admission of the extent to which this takes place, China Daily - citing unnamed experts - said on Wednesday that more than 65% of organ donations come from death row prisoners.

China executes more people than any other country. Amnesty International said at least 1,718 people were given the death penalty in 2008.

The China Daily quoted Vice-Health Minister Huang Jiefu as saying that condemned prisoners were "definitely not a proper source for organ transplants".

The new scheme is therefore designed to reduce the reliance on death row inmates, as well as regulating the industry by combating the illegal trafficking of organs.

The system will be piloted in 10 provinces and cities, and a fund will be started to provide financial aid to donors' families.

shenvchinko

@ tianzhushaonv

i'm just curious, can u plz tell me why all pakistanis and chinese never accept the reality and any thing against china/pakistani is immediately converted into a indian propaganda or
why u (chinese/pakist..) try to put the same topic against india? can u put some light on it

I tell you why most chinese doing like that.....

Totalitarian country,the west usually named us,In some ways,I admit that.

The gov control the media very strick,on the primary media (CCTV-1),
in the 30 minutes newscast,it usually spend first 10minuts to say that our senior offical is very busy for our country,then 10minutes says our people is living what a good live,then last 10minuts it will introduce what a bad live the other country people is living,such as iraq or Afghan..............

it just like the qing dynast,every one is told to love country(this i love) ,love the communist party (but this....)

when japenese yong men can elect and help democratic party to win,as yong men in china we thought where is the place for us to elect ........

These are some of the china shortcoming,may be one party in power shortcoming.
but now seems like that china is starting to change...

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Executed prisoners main source of organs in China: Report

Executed prisoners were still the main source of organs used in transplant operations in China due to the lack of voluntary donations, a top health official was quoted saying today.

China has long vowed to reduce its reliance on death-row inmates for organs, but high demand and a chronic shortage of donations meant they remained a key source, the Legal Daily quoted Vice Health Minister Huang Jiefu as saying.
Huang reportedly made the remarks on the sidelines of the country's annual parliamentary session in Beijing where about 3,000 delegates from across the country have gathered for 10 days of meetings.

China banned the trade in human organs in 2007 and two years later began rolling out a nationwide donation system, but demand for organ transplants still far exceeds supply in the country of 1.3 billion people.

About 10,000 transplants are carried out annually, but an estimated 1.3 million people are waiting for transplants, state media said previously, opening the door to the illegal sale of organs and forced donations.

The Chinese Medical Association, an official body representing doctors, said in 2007 that China would no longer transplant organs from executed prisoners except for their immediate relatives, earlier reports said.

In 2009 Huang said the rights of death-row inmates were respected and written consent from prisoners was required before their organs could be harvested, the China Daily said at the time.

But Huang admitted that executed prisoners were "definitely not a proper source for organ transplants".

International human rights groups have long accused China of harvesting organs from executed prisoners for transplant without the consent of the prisoner or their family -- charges the government has denied.

Amnesty International China researcher Sarah Schafer said Huang's latest comments suggested "nothing much has changed".

"We feel that this lack of progress is quite chilling," Schafer told AFP. "There's no way a prisoner facing execution can give meaningful consent."

Executed prisoners main source of organs in China: Report - Hindustan Times

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Chinese are pragmatic people.

Good that they make the best use of those who are no more!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles