China favorable view of India and Pakistan is same 30 % while USA is popular

Samar Rathi

Country flag
The idea that a pro-US and a pro-China camp are both being built up in the region appears to have some traction based on Pew’s research. Two countries that named China as their chief ally also named the US as their main regional threat—as did China itself. Meanwhile, three states that said the US was their primary partner saw China as their nation’s main regional threat.

A majority of respondents in eight Asian countries cited the United States as their chief ally, compared to just two (Pakistan and Malaysia) that named China as theirs. China, meanwhile, sees Russia as its biggest ally, despite a long history of tensions between the two countries.

Japan is more popular than China
More than half of respondents in seven Asian countries polled held a favorable view of Japan, whose World War II occupations throughout the region still cause diplomatic friction with the Koreas and China. In contrast, majorities in only six countries held favorable views of China. China’s proclamations of a “peaceful rise” have been contradicted by itshardline stance over territorial disputes with its neighbors in the South China Sea. When it comes to Japan and China, the mutual mistrust is apparent: only 7% of Japanese said they had a positive view of China and only 8% of Chinese held a similar view towards Japan.

India is more popular than Pakistan
According to Pew, no country other than Indonesia responded with a favorable view of Pakistan. In China, the country that 57% of Pakistani respondents named as their top ally, only 30% held a favorable view of Islamabad. Views of India range widely, from 70% favorability in Bangladesh to 13% in Pakistan.

Six charts that show Asian countries love America and fear China—except where it’s the opposite - Quartz

LalTopi

That's a pretty old news IIRC.

Both Chinese and Pakis have a ready-made excuse for you.

"Sample size is not good enough". :dude:
The article says nothing about how many people in each country were sampled.

interesting that Indians according to the research view America as the chief ally now rather than Russia. Also how favourably the Bangladeshis view India.

salute

India is more popular than Pakistan
According to Pew, no country other than Indonesia responded with a favorable view of Pakistan. In China, the country that 57% of Pakistani respondents named as their top ally, only 30% held a favorable view of Islamabad. Views of India range widely, from 70% favorability in Bangladesh to 13% in Pakistan.

70 percent bangladeshi favours india still bangladeshi thinks india is a threat, :laugh:

so these bangladeshis wants to live india to escape poverty stricken bangladeshi country,but hate hindus,

they want jobs and money in india,but like to kill hindus.

blueblood

The article says nothing about how many people in each country were sampled.

interesting that Indians according to the research view America as the chief ally now rather than Russia. Also how favourably the Bangladeshis view India.
It doesn't matter. Porkis have been defending Chinese attitude against them with a very simple and elegant "sample size is not good enough". At same time Chinese will sheepishly protest against the fact that the survey done by a "foreign agency" do not hold water.

While these surveys have a huge margin of error, the reactions of Pakis and Chinis have been very entertaining.

One unique quality of Pakis has always been "coming to the defence of friends".

• Arabs don't give them citizenship, allow them to marry locals or even treat them with basic human decency.
  • Chinese indifference to Pakistan's plight during 1965, 1971 and 1999. Even the Ramzan mess in China is not "good enough".
Lets see what @Neo , @amoy has to say.

Neo

It doesn't matter. Porkis have been defending Chinese attitude against them with a very simple and elegant "sample size is not good enough". At same time Chinese will sheepishly protest against the fact that the survey done by a "foreign agency" do not hold water.

While these surveys have a huge margin of error, the reactions of Pakis and Chinis have been very entertaining.

One unique quality of Pakis has always been "coming to the defence of friends".

• Arabs don't give them citizenship, allow them to marry locals or even treat them with basic human decency.
  • Chinese indifference to Pakistan's plight during 1965, 1971 and 1999. Even the Ramzan mess in China is not "good enough".
Lets see what @Neo , @amoy has to say.
Donot quote me unless you learn to name my country correctly and treat international guests with respect.

blueblood

Donot quote me unless you learn to name my country correctly and treat international guests with respect.

Big words. Would you like to see the love your compatriots shower on Indians on PDF or any other forum? It ranges from your garden variety hatred to absolute blood lust.

Since you don't have anything to contribute on the topic, this conversation is over.

Neo

Big words. Would you like to see the love your compatriots shower on Indians on PDF or any other forum? It ranges from your garden variety hatred to absolute blood lust.

Since you don't have anything to contribute on the topic, this conversation is over.

Cut the I am holier than thou crap and take a good look at your uttering here. There are hardly any Pakistanis here.
Do not generalise and go after the trolls, don't act like one.

blueblood

Cut the I am holier than thou crap and take a good look at your uttering here. There are hardly any Pakistanis here.
Do not generalise and go after the trolls, don't act like one.
Now that wasn't very smart of you to edit your post after my reply. As usual a Paki, sneaky and fork tongued.

The "uttering" here is not even close to the shit that is happening there. Making fun of your country's stupidity and delusions is one thing and cheering for rape of your women is another. Learn the difference.

We maybe trolls but we are definitely not the filthy fucking beasts like your brethren.

Neo

My post was edited within a minute, even.before I saw your reply. Ask any mod to check the log and confirm.

You're one nasty bad mouth s.o.b. with issues. I am not here to insult you, your fellow Indians or the entire nation but you obviously are. F.O.!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles