China Faces Increasing Internal Unrest

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This is not surprising and we haven't seen the worst of it either. As China is strongly totalitarian the sentiments of minorities are still repressed. But once the CCP relaxes its stranglehold on individual rights (there's no other way since newly minted middle class Chinese will be demanding freedoms as the ones they see in other liberal and affluent countries), I can only expect the rebellions of the minorities and even Han dissidents to increase that would test to the core the "cohesion" of China as we know it. Only time will tell if the PLA can continue to successfully purge rebels and dissidents like in some countries in the Middle East that are still holding out against the rising tide of democratization...

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Guess the People's Armed Police is dishing it to their people now eh? :lol:. Funny how their names are so empathetic while their actions so inhumane against their own fellows. But then again, that is Communists for you. This trait is visible in all Communist parties on the planet including our own (Nandigram anyone?).

Communist parties only worry about their power and with brute selfishness.

I really admire the Chinese for having the strength, courage and initiative to stand up against negatives of their society by the government, in a dictatorship. The common Chinese give a tight slap across Indian faces where we don't even have the spine to mass protest against continuing financial atrocities and anti-national activities of ruling government.

1-Scam after Scam, our money is consumed and still we remain silent and do nothing but silent protests that have no effect on the ruling government.

2-Our soldiers die of substandard equipment and we do nothing.

3-Our enemies behead our soldiers and we don't do anything but let it pass.

4- Our national integrity is violated by an enemy and we don't protest.

5- Despite a slide in fuel prices, the cost of common goods continue to increase and we STILL don't do anything.

Have we become this weak? Should we be deserving all this?

We must applaud the Chinese people for their devotion to their country that they stand tall in the face of dictatorship; something we are not doing even in the so-called world's largest democracy.

Tianshan

Only time will tell if the PLA can continue to successfully purge rebels and dissidents like in some countries in the Middle East that are still holding out against the rising tide of democratization...
maybe we turn democratic one day, but china is still china.

from imperial dynasty, to national republic, to peoples republic, to the next stage?

did democracy make russia and iran change character? maybe it increase populist and tranparency

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
They going to put trackers on my public wifi? I just use another China Telecom account (SIM card). Good luck tracking that. :laugh:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
maybe we turn democratic one day, but china is still china.

from imperial dynasty, to national republic, to peoples republic, to the next stage?

did democracy make russia and iran change character? maybe it increase populist and tranparency
Russia is a fledgling democracy. And in fact it had a tumultuous transition to democracy that cost it some territories and the still simmering tensions in its fringes. Iran on the other hand is still not a real democracy. It is a theocracy in every respect.

As for China, well it has never been a democracy at any time in its history. I don't also think the CCP is going down the real democratis road. It will continue to spout lame excuses for its absolute hold of power such as China has a unique civilization and has a unique brand of democracy as opposed to bankrupt Western style democracies. (What's new?)

But the events in the Middle East should send a strong warning to the CCP bosses. That democracy or Western style democracy is a universal longing by people. The demand for individual freedoms and dignity is not actually something that is subjected to unique cultural backgrounds. The democratization storm therefore has yet to touch on China, which is not a question of if but when.

kickok1975

China is boiling and CCP is on top of volcano, no doubt. Chinese people deserve more freedom and justice, but they want stability and prosperity more. When a country with 1/5 of world population is out of control, it's not only a crisis but a disaster to the world, not to mention what could happen to Chinese.
No country is perfect; no system can cure the entire problem. It's up to their country and people to figure out the best path. No matter how much I dislike CCP, if I had to choose, I would choose a stable, prosperous and less freedom China than a democratic, but chaotic China

Last edited:

Tianshan

The democratization storm therefore has yet to touch on China, which is not a question of if but when.
and "if" or "when" it happens, the only thing that will really change is the government

the people want a government that is efficient and strong, i don't think anyone care whether it is "communist" or "democratic".

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
and "if" or "when" it happens, the only thing that will really change is the government

the people want a government that is efficient and strong, i don't think anyone care whether it is "communist" or "democratic".
Dude "communistic" and "democratic" are political systems not just governments. The more your people gain wealth and comfort the more they will demand for more political freedoms to have a say in government policies that suits their point of views. Note that even Singapore has already adopted a real multi-party system even though it has a smaller population and land area and thus the single party system can be easily enforced.

Tianshan

Dude "communistic" and "democratic" are political systems not just governments. The more your people gain wealth and comfort the more they will demand for more political freedoms to have a say in government policies that suits their point of views. Note that even Singapore has already adopted a real multi-party system even though it has a smaller population and land area and thus the single party system can be easily enforced.
perhaps yes in the future

but as long as CPC continues to provide 8%+ economic growth... why should we risk a change

i don't feel oppressed, maybe i will feel that way later but now i don't

wait 10+ years and maybe its more realistic to consider different system

debasree

Country flag
China is boiling and CCP is on top of volcano, no doubt. Chinese people deserve more freedom and justice, but they want stability and prosperity more. When a country with 1/5 of world population is out of control, it's not only a crisis but a disaster to the world, not to mention what could happen to Chinese.
No country is perfect; no system can cure the entire problem. It's up to their country and people to figure out the best path. No matter how much I dislike CCP, if I had to choose, I would choose a stable, prosperous and less freedom China than a democratic, but chaotic China
without democracy and freedom those so called prosperity and stability will not last longer

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Actually China is caught in a Catch 22. If it do not democratize the unrest, resentment, and feeling of oppression among the minorities will grow. But if the CCP also loosen up its iron on political power and relax individual rights then the same minorities will be encouraged leading to the fragmentation of the country. This is going to be a hard balancing act...

Tianshan

without democracy and freedom those so called prosperity and stability will not last longer
ever since tiananmen incident of 1989, everyone said "cpc will not last much longer"

how much longer then?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Well I kind of like and agree with your opinion here, discounting Communism which I don't like. But yeah, authoritarian government is preferable if it is strong, patriotic, decisive and has a conscience for its people. But it is very very rare to come by such an authoritarian regime in long term unless the people are really damn lucky as a whole.

I'd prefer this sort of rule (as described) than the joke of a democracy we have right now in which rulers are swindling our country.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles