China Economy: News & Discussion

ym888

Hull of giant ship delivered at Dalian
0 Comment(s)
Print
E-mailchinadaily.com.cn, May 27, 2023
Adjust font size:

The hull and living quarters of the world's first M350 floating, production, storage and offloading vessel is delivered on Friday at a yard in Changxingdao, Dalian, Liaoning province. [Photo/VCG]
The hull and living quarters of the world's first M350 floating, production, storage and offloading vessel — Bacalhau — was delivered on Friday in Changxingdao, Dalian, Liaoning province.
It was jointly designed and built by Dalian Shipbuilding Industry Co, a subsidiary of State-owned China Shipbuilding Industry Corp and FPSO contractor and owner Modec for international energy company Equinor, which is headquartered in Norway.
The M350 FPSO features a hull about 350 meters long. The new vessel's material scale and scale parameters make it the largest in the world, with a total length of 364 meters, beam of 64 meters and depth of 33 meters.
A variety of long-term anti-corrosion materials were used. It will require only a low level of maintenance and can meet its 30-year designed life without any dry docking requirements.
After it is put into operation, the vessel will process 220,000 barrels of crude oil each day.
The new FPSO will be deployed for offshore oil and gas production at an oilfield in Brazil as a comprehensive large-scale offshore oil production base that integrates personnel residences with the largest storage and production capacity in Brazilian waters.

KurtisBrian

Country flag
Difference between China and other developing nations is there is a clear track record of massive sales by Western firms from cars to aircraft to Hollywood movies. You put a factory in China, the local market can absorb the products. This is why Airbus has an assembly line in China (and nowhere else outside the West) and why Tesla built a plant in China during the midst of a trade war.

View attachment 207905

There is simply no other market that can consume as much as China outside the West or the whole of Europe :
View attachment 207906

This is leverage. If the West cuts off Chinese cars from Western markets, China will cut them off from theirs.

As the NVIDIA CEO said in the semiconductor's business -- "There is only one China."
View attachment 207908
He secretly made a VERY strong anti Taiwan statement. ONE China.

Azaad

Country flag
Difference between China and other developing nations is there is a clear track record of massive sales by Western firms from cars to aircraft to Hollywood movies. You put a factory in China, the local market can absorb the products. This is why Airbus has an assembly line in China (and nowhere else outside the West) and why Tesla built a plant in China during the midst of a trade war.

View attachment 207905

There is simply no other market that can consume as much as China outside the West or the whole of Europe :
View attachment 207906

This is leverage. If the West cuts off Chinese cars from Western markets, China will cut them off from theirs.

As the NVIDIA CEO said in the semiconductor's business -- "There is only one China."
View attachment 207908
Here @jai jaganath . Your "gf" is at it again comparing India vs China in a thread on Chinese economy . Btw it's girl friend not grand father though to your luck it may well turn out "she's" the latter instead of the former to your delight.

On topic , OTOH you're claiming China's the biggest market for western goods like Cars , planes etc & OTOH you're posting SS of snippets where China's rapidly gaining ground in competition with the EU specifically German made cars in China if not in the EU .

And this trend is going to be accelerated tremendously in the next few years with the west's share of all these items sold in China coming down drastically which is why I asked you specifically why do you think the west would support China's sale of such goods in the west while they're unable to do so for various reasons in China.

Yet you ignore all this & bring in India making this an India vs China game . Did you see any Indian member claim India's a bigger market than China ?

Now tell us why do you think the EU should not join the US in gradually cutting off China not only from global supply chains but also western markets ?

KurtisBrian

Country flag
Yes, in even stronger terms:
View attachment 207920

Jensen was born in Taiwan. Not a mainland born industrialist like Morris Chang of TSMC.
Interesting, why would the Chinese market be irreplaceable?

World went along fine before the recreation of the Chinese market.

Why? Because most of us are replaceable. How many of us do something that is essential, unique and cannot be studied then copied?

The modern Japanese, Korean, European, Arab markets were made/remade. There are billions of people who could potentially be given/invested with/loaned money/wealth in order to be rich man.
Rich vs poor ... the right to consume ... that is replaceable. Rich vs poor has changed many times through out history.

-Real inventors are almost impossible to replace.
-Certain types of content creators are not easy to replace.
-The powerful work ethic and discipline of Chinese (and various other peoples) workers will be a very difficult thing to replicate. Probably plans afoot to try and skip people with an AI and robotics advancement revolution.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Here @jai jaganath . Your "gf" is at it again comparing India vs China in a thread on Chinese economy . Btw it's girl friend not grand father though to your luck it may well turn out "she's" the latter instead of the former to your delight.

On topic , OTOH you're claiming China's the biggest market for western goods like Cars , planes etc & OTOH you're posting SS of snippets where China's rapidly gaining ground in competition with the EU specifically German made cars in China if not in the EU .

And this trend is going to be accelerated tremendously in the next few years with the west's share of all these items sold in China coming down drastically which is why I asked you specifically why do you think the west would support China's sale of such goods in the west while they're unable to do so for various reasons in China.

Yet you ignore all this & bring in India making this an India vs China game . Did you see any Indian member claim India's a bigger market than China ?

Now tell us why do you think the EU should not join the US in gradually cutting off China not only from global supply chains but also western markets ?
As usual reported

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No it is your unnecessary simping for the chinese dicks and your ignorance that brings unnecessary masala.

You clearly do not have a brain. Stop simping for the Chinese.
Sorry for being rude I lost my temper for a while
Ig we stopped our discussion regarding this
Ur post on this doesn't justify anything
I will report whenever I see those India comparison posts as that leads to derail
And moreover I have reported multiple times in past and will do it in future too

Blademaster

Sorry for being rude I lost my temper for a while
Ig we stopped our discussion regarding this
Ur post on this doesn't justify anything
I will report whenever I see those India comparison posts as that leads to derail
And moreover I have reported multiple times in past and will do it in future too
Then why don't you report Chinese posts that denigrate India or troll Indians? But you don't, so you are getting called out for your one-sided stance. This is an Indian forum, not a Chinese forum so Indian posters are well within their rights to bring Indian posts that rebut these stupid Chinese claims and propaganda.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Then why don't you report Chinese posts that denigrate India or troll Indians? But you don't, so you are getting called out for your one-sided stance. This is an Indian forum, not a Chinese forum so Indian posters are well within their rights to bring Indian posts that rebut these stupid Chinese claims and propaganda.
I do report bro

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Then post that you did like you did against the Indian posters.
Why should I do that
If the posts is against India then I will report if it's against any member then that's the job of member to defend and if I feel logical I reply
Again we are going into this
This is my explanation and of it

Blademaster

Why should I do that
If the posts is against India then I will report if it's against any member then that's the job of member to defend and if I feel logical I reply
Again we are going into this
This is my explanation and of it
Then you show that you are a hypocrite and only suck up to Chinese dicks. It shows that you are completely anti-Indian.

Azaad

Country flag
One economic phenomenon you would think about. Ship building industry is like an examination to verify whether a nation are coming to "rich developing nation" phase, in the history taiwan, Japan, were prerty strong in this area.

This industry needs intense highly trained workers, good infrastructure in certain areas, medium level on steel making tech... it's a perfect industry to generate industrial gdp, i was wondering why India didn't accelerate it, it's much meaningful than building assemble factories for xiaomi or sumsung.

Vietnam recently are fast growing on this. I think. India still yrs to go.

We're waiting for you to launch your Taiwan campaign & reduce all the gains of the last 4 decades to nought before we get into the Ship building industry in a big way.

Btw going by your own definition of how nations reach the " rich developing nation " phase , China's already a developed nation not now but a decade ago contrary to your claims of China being a developing country. You guys yourself claim the opposite then post examples here proving what we've always claimed & you've consistently tried denying.

India's still in developing country phase which means we don't have the billions to spare like you, Japan & RoK to subsidise your own ship building industry respectively. We're building our own Navy & catering to some of our civilian requirements apart from modest exports.

Since you're so worried about the Indian ship building industry , I'd advise you to bring forward that plan to invade Taiwan by a few yrs. Make it 2025-26 instead of 2030-31. We don't ask for much as unlike the Chinese we're not greedy. Trust you won't disappoint us .

SexyChineseLady

Germany's exports to China is being hit (mostly because China had transitioned to EVs instead the ICE autos that Chinese traditionally imported in huge numbers.)

But other European nations are seeing major growth!

Azaad

Country flag
Germany's exports to China is being hit (mostly because China had transitioned to EVs instead the ICE autos that Chinese traditionally imported in huge numbers.)

Frankly we've no love lost for ze Germans or the Europeans. We wish the EU gets caught up in this merry triangle between Russia the US & China & gets ground down in the process following which you have a show down with the US & cancel each other out . The world would be a much better place with all three of you gone.

KurtisBrian

Country flag

Interesting that Volkswagen, people's car of the Nazis, is the best selling car in China (has been for years, right?). Chinese suffered terribly in WW2. No lingering animosity, I guess.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Interesting that Volkswagen, people's car of the Nazis, is the best selling car in China (has been for years, right?). Chinese suffered terribly in WW2. No lingering animosity, I guess.
Chinese don’t have a backbone and small d#$ks. No Israeli or a Jew will every buy a VW product. Period. Chinese only have a problem with Japanese not their ally Germany, as they see Japanese as the real war criminals.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles