China Economy: News & Discussion

Blademaster

I think India is doing well

Because India does not have one kilometer of high speed rail, and does not care about debt.
Ha ha ha what a retarded post. Of course India does care about debt and hence GoI is careful about splurging on projects that have high capital costs. They want to see ROI on such projects.

Now fuck off you stupid retarded troll. Your ban ended too soon.

Blademaster

China has an extremely low debt ratio so it is able to afford the hyperloop and other cutting edge things like maybe eventual space corridor to the moon ;)

View attachment 207703

View attachment 207704

View attachment 207705
I don't know where you got the figures from. I notice that you don't post links but only pictures. I did my own google search and it says that China's debt to GDP ratio is not 50% but much higher. In fact it is around 62.4% while India is 52%. You can check it here: https://www.worldeconomics.com/Debt/China.aspx

Other sources say it is actually 3 times the GDP. https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Ma...-s-debt-ratio-hits-record-high-at-3-times-GDP

So I don't know where you got your data but I am pretty sure it ain't legit.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Well if Soviets can do passenger planes, I am not surprised that China could do it. Both have a common need “free of American hegemony “. Lol. Predictable commies. What they don’t say is all critical components are western including the aircraft engines, which is like 40-50% the value of a plane.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
I don't know where you got the figures from. I notice that you don't post links but only pictures. I did my own google search and it says that China's debt to GDP ratio is not 50% but much higher. In fact it is around 62.4% while India is 52%. You can check it here: https://www.worldeconomics.com/Debt/China.aspx

Other sources say it is actually 3 times the GDP. https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Ma...-s-debt-ratio-hits-record-high-at-3-times-GDP

So I don't know where you got your data but I am pretty sure it ain't legit.
See article I shared earlier. Illiterate CCP trolls don’t understand that the debt is hidden in local governments books and shady accounting practices. if the Chinese counterfeit process can take down a company like Amazon, we can say that lying, stealing, cheating is there in every single chinese citizen now. Lack of spirituality, ethics, morals and constant focus on showing off and generating money by any means has turned the average Chinese into a soulless abomination capable of doing anything for that extra 50 cents. It is all such a sad state.

SexyChineseLady

It is amazing how after all those supposedly "wasted" resources on ghost cities and HSR from Western media, China still has funds to run all those ships, aircraft and turbofan programs to go along with Maglev!

In the real world, you can only build things if you have an economy that generates the funds for you to build them -- if you don't have money then you are stuck with no HSR (or maglev), little housing and one engine program at a time. You cannot pretend to pay for real things ;)
IMG_5712.jpeg

IMG_5714.jpeg

IMG_5715.jpeg

IMG_5713.jpeg

Last edited:

rockdog

Country flag
VW is investing new base in new province of Anhui,.finally will be $3billion.

It will be new EV R&D and manufacture base for the whole world.

The VW China CEO and former global CEO visited BYD headquarter and met its CEO Wang Chuanfu, heard VW will adopt BYD techs on VW global vehicles.

183ad5f2379a23fa525c69aec7839a478640.jpeg

During 2019, VW China CEO was overspeeding during riding a BYD SUV, the traffic camera captured it in Shanghai... It was a well known news then.

cd6e56caaebca0a4a45b992a947359d36492.jpeg

Last edited:

rockdog

Country flag
BWM i7 on roading testing in Germany, there was a Xpeng P7 bought by BMW for comparison validation.

IMG_20230529_115948.jpg

IMG_20230529_120001.jpg

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
If this is anything like the Cambodia deal, Indonesia is going to be in crap load of trouble. Debt trap, poor safety - 2 engineers already killed during trials in Indonesia.

“The safety of the high-speed rail system has also recently become a public concern. In December 2022, two Chinese workers were killed and at least four seriously injured when a locomotive derailed at a construction site.” Lol.

And it is only for 150kms. Who builds a HSR for 150kms? Jokowi has put his country in debt trap mode.
For that length I'm happy we built the RRTS system. Will be operational in a few weeks.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
For that length I'm happy we built the RRTS system. Will be operational in a few weeks.
Exactly HSR for such a short distance - has zero advantages over a semi HSR, which costs a lot less. A semi HSR would have been more than sufficient. I am surprised even Indonesia got suckered into the Chinese debt trap. I am sure there is corruption involved at the highest levels.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag

Ye lo Communist rate of growth
The main problem Chinese face is that only 1/3rd of their economy is from domestic consumption. 2/3rd came from export led growth. Now that the export led growth has declined, the domestic consumptions has not supported the gap. This means an overall decline in everything. Also, the demographic dividend is all gone as in just 1 decade Chinese workers median age has become 39, whereas we are 12 years younger at 27. One child policy, over reliance on export led growth, unsustainable debt fueled growth, vanity projects are all coming back to bite them. Chinese GDP can only grow at 3-4% from here in as export led growth is not coming back , demographic dividend is exhausted, and all the savings in the economy are now directed to repay debt. Many infrastructure projects have been stalled or canceled. Chinese cities will decline as rebalancing of workforce between rural and urban areas happen. A lot of pain for the Chinese in the short to medium term.
With this much urban overcapacity, the idiot Xi is building a whole new ghost town. LOL.

SexyChineseLady

China's consumer market is so huge that just re-capturing the domestic market would provide huge growth for Chinese firms:

IMG_8869.jpeg

IMG_8870.jpeg

This situation exists in autos, airliners and semiconductors :)

No other country can provide its companies with the largest consumer markets in the world during their development.

IMG_8873.jpeg

IMG_8874.jpeg

This is why China has airliners and aircraft engine programs and a semiconductor eco-system that no other developing nation has. In fact, the market is something that even most developed nations do not have.

Japan gave up on the MRJ because their internal market cannot support it. It needed US and EU sales to make it work. The ARJ-21 and C919 can survive China alone.

Azaad

Country flag
China's consumer market is so huge that just re-capturing the domestic market would provide huge growth for Chinese firms:

View attachment 207877
View attachment 207878

This situation exists in autos, airliners and semiconductors :)

No other country can provide its companies with the largest consumer markets in the world during their development.

View attachment 207880

View attachment 207882

This is why China has airliners and aircraft engine programs and a semiconductor eco-system that no other developing nation has. In fact, the market is something that even most developed nations do not have.

Japan gave up on the MRJ because their internal market cannot support it. It needed US and EU sales to make it work. The ARJ-21 and C919 can survive China alone.
You yourself post mutually contradictory SS with the analysis in total variance to the SS enclosed. You're saying China provides one of the largest markets in the world if not the largest which is a fact . At the same time to underpin your argument that domestic consumption is increasing with you enclosing a SS to the effect that domestic manufacturers are increasing their market share in China whereas foreign OEMs either importing or mfg in China are experiencing a record drop in sales .

Hence how much of the domestic consumption in China is merely substitution of foreign brands with domestic ones is unknown or it's known but you haven't enclosed statistics for it here for obvious reasons .

Moreover this is following the same pattern which I drew your attention to a few days earlier which you conveniently ignored that if foreign OEMs specifically German car manufacturers are experiencing a drop in sales in China for various reasons , why would they support the sales of Chinese brand EVs in the EU ?

What you're doing is merely reinforcing my previous statement that shortly the EU will join the US in not only cutting off Chinese access to cutting edge stuff like next gen SMC chips but also raw materials & China'd retaliate in kind . Is the Chinese domestic market big enough to substitute for exports in less than a decade ? I don't think so . The resultant economic downturn is what's going to cause further chaos in a Chinese economy which is already reeling from the real estate crisis & other crises. This is when unrest will break out in various parts of China & that's about when Operation Reunification Taiwan will be undertaken.

In the meanwhile , supply chain alternatives the world over are being created with backdoor entry for Chinese OEMs vide ASEAN & other such groupings facing high tariffs & other entry barriers. The CCP is well aware of this & so is the west apart from anybody who's been an observer of these affairs. True of the powers that be in Taiwan too. It's only you & your fellow Taiwanese lay people alongside Chinese lay people who're ignorant of these trends.

SexyChineseLady

There is a lot of interest in Japan over COMAC and China's airliner programs because Japan also embarked on the same journey roughly the same time.

This story isn't just about the technology. In the end, the greatest factor is the power of China's consumer market -- China doesn't need the FAA or foreign approval for the ARJ-21 or C919, Japan did for the MRJ:

IMG_8877.jpeg

IMG_8876.jpeg

SexyChineseLady

Japan gave the FAA hold over its aviation future instead of establishing its own safety certification! If China had depended on getting a FAA certificate like the MRJ, the Chinese industry would have been stifled at birth:
IMG_8878.jpeg

IMG_8879.jpeg

SexyChineseLady

Difference between China and other developing nations is there is a clear track record of massive sales by Western firms from cars to aircraft to Hollywood movies. You put a factory in China, the local market can absorb the products. This is why Airbus has an assembly line in China (and nowhere else outside the West) and why Tesla built a plant in China during the midst of a trade war.

IMG_8884.jpeg

There is simply no other market that can consume as much as China outside the West or the whole of Europe :
IMG_8885.jpeg

This is leverage. If the West cuts off Chinese cars from Western markets, China will cut them off from theirs.

As the NVIDIA CEO said in the semiconductor's business -- "There is only one China."
IMG_8886.jpeg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles