China Economy: News & Discussion

KurtisBrian

Country flag
Listen you posting stuff about chinese stuff is fine but shitposting is not. You are on thin ice here. Enough shitposting. You are a guest here. In India, guests do not shit on others. Learn some manners while you are here.
if you ignore the silly second post and focus on the first and links, you will find munch provides information like this....

1679755102010.png

Irish Catholics moving to China. Irish Catholics famous for tolerance or intolerance?
Irish NYC riots killing blacks because they blacks were taking "Irish" jobs. (search South Park they took our jabs). Mark Wahlberg racist crimes, was his stardom a reward by the Catholics/Israelis? Spanish Catholics trying to wipe out people they called Indians in the New World. Catholics enslaving Africans.
The movie The Town....Irish bank robbers.

srevster

Country flag
Is this India economy thread or China economy thread?
This is the China economy thread being cut down to size for their debauchery. Offense is best defense. The rascals need to unlearn their propaganda. For every post on why China is better than India, I ratio them here. If they are busy fighting me off here, the other threads will have more nuanced discussions. I’m taking the fight to their mainland :)

operation snow monkey

srevster

Country flag
Plus it’s also educational for Indians to start pushing back when they encounter Chinese talking down to them

SexyChineseLady

E27C8801-AA97-4A2E-80E3-4B733C525A3C.jpeg

The recent turmoil surrounding the banking sector in the U.S. and Europe has highlighted China as a "relative safe haven" this year, economists at Citi said in a Thursday note.
"The activity momentum could pick up further from here, with auto sales improving and property sales stabilizing," the Citi economists said.

They said China could be an outlier among its global peers to see accelerated expansion, giving the country a "hedge" for growth while economies in the U.S. and Europe face heightened risk of financial disruptions.
Since the pandemic started, mainland China has kept relatively easy monetary policy while not announcing major stimulus packages — such as large cash handouts to consumers.

"Perhaps taking lessons from what the U.S. has been going through in recent years, the PBoC has been prudent in easing even during the pandemic era and may quickly switch to a wait-and-see mode once growth is back on track," the economists at Citi wrote.
They also noted China's government restructuring earlier this month is an example of its efforts to ease financial risks.
"This year, Beijing is determined to keep local government debt risks at bay, for which we believe it has sufficient tools," the economists wrote.
As China's GDP is expected to show relatively outstanding growth this year, economists also see an upside to its currency – Citi expects to see the onshore yuanstrengthen to 6.6 against the U.S. dollar as soon as September. That would bring the currency to its strongest levels since April last year.

"With the unintended and undesirable from aggressive interest rate hikes surfacing abroad, capital inflows into China could resume after the reopen trade if the recovery thesis plays out and political rerating is steadily ongoing," Citi economists wrote.
"We still believe the party of capital inflows to China is not over yet and expect USDCNY to move to 6.6 in 6-12 months," they said.
That view is further supported by a falling greenback: U.S. Fed Chair Jerome Powell on Wednesday indicated that rate hikes are near an end, with the U.S. dollar index falling further on Thursday to a low of 101.915 overnight. The index is down roughly 1.4% week-to-date.
'Net-positive' regulatory environment
The landscape in China is very different from what's happening in the U.S. and other countries as a result of rapid rate hikes, Lawrence Lok, Chief Financial Officer of wealth manager Hywin told CNBC in a phone interview.
As for regulatory developments, he said his firm sees a clear effort by Beijing to increase foreign financial institutions' ability to participate in the local market.

"Net-net, the regulatory environment is a net positive for the financial sector in China right now," Lok said.

syuura

Country flag
This is the China economy thread being cut down to size for their debauchery. Offense is best defense. The rascals need to unlearn their propaganda. For every post on why China is better than India, I ratio them here. If they are busy fighting me off here, the other threads will have more nuanced discussions. I’m taking the fight to their mainland :)

operation snow monkey
I see no posts in the Indian economy thread on why China is better than India. On the contrary I see posters who will randomly try to say India is better than China in some way on the China economy thread, and then they get corrected or rebutted in some way. If those posters didn't first provoke them then there would be no comparisons to India on here. Coming onto this thread just to shitpost smacks of insecurity. Put all of India's accomplishments on the Indian thread and keep news on China's economy on this thread. I lurk on this thread to keep up to date on events in China, but it's getting constantly derailed.

srevster

Country flag
I see no posts in the Indian economy thread on why China is better than India. On the contrary I see posters who will randomly try to say India is better than China in some way on the China economy thread, and then they get corrected or rebutted in some way. If those posters didn't first provoke them then there would be no comparisons to India on here. Coming onto this thread just to shitpost smacks of insecurity. Put all of India's accomplishments on the Indian thread and keep news on China's economy on this thread. I lurk on this thread to keep up to date on events in China, but it's getting constantly derailed.
Ok.

1679805120265.png

Blademaster

Where's the emoticon for a raspberry blow?

Overlord

Country flag
Introduction pending -

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles