China Economy: News & Discussion

Blademaster

In same manner our electronic imports are increasing too
That's indicates what we are badgering made in India is basically assembled from China or Vietnam
I am leaving this here its upto u whether u check or not
Yes like with the solar panel imports but now we are achieving mass solar panel production so our solar panel imports will go down a lot.

ym888

Yes like with the solar panel imports but now we are achieving mass solar panel production so our solar panel imports will go down a lot.
That's because India has banned imports of solar panels in favor of its own companies.

fooLIam

That's because India has banned imports of solar panels in favor of its own companies.
Oh well ,I guess at least in some cases india took leaf out of East Asian cases. i.e protect your own industries until they become price competitive while having access to others.

Blademaster

Oh well ,I guess at least in some cases india took leaf out of East Asian cases. i.e protect your own industries until they become price competitive while having access to others.
Not really. They did allow imports in order to meet the solar power generation target of 2021. Reliance and Adani were importing a lot of solar panels but at the same time they built their solar producing plants and once they did, they stopped importing.

ym888

You don't have to study East Asia,

This is a common pattern in India

fooLIam

Not really. They did allow imports in order to meet the solar power generation target of 2021. Reliance and Adani were importing a lot of solar panels but at the same time they built their solar producing plants and once they did, they stopped importing.
It was sarcasm to Chinese who themself do these kind things.

ym888

jai jaganath

Country flag
The imports have increased because the semiconductor chips are not being manufactured in India.

Government has already approved them under India Semiconductor Mission & plants are about to get set up. Import substitution doesn't happen over night. Your argument has already been countered & addessed.
Firstly the high electronics import is only due to to sudden surge in assembly plants in India heck even Chinese companies have started assembling here
From 2021 till now many assembly plants have been setup that's the reason
Coming to semiconductor both PLI and dli have been initiated but so what do u still believe vedanta with Foxconn is gonna build semiconductor factory in India then pls check recent updates and moreover Foxconn tech holdings
They will establish a pcb line that's for sure but semiconductor is still a jumla for me
anyway we are derailing better if we discuss in DM or leave it here

ym888

Firstly the high electronics import is only due to to sudden surge in assembly plants in India heck even Chinese companies have started assembling here
Coming to semiconductor both PLI and dli have been initiated but so what do u still believe vedanta with Foxconn is gonna build semiconductor factory in India then pls check recent updates and moreover Foxconn tech holdings
They will establish a pcb line that's for sure but semiconductor is still a jumla for me

Actually the assembly plant is very important

This is how East Asia developed

BhumiPutra627

You keep your conspiracy theories to yourself.
As per lastest updates. The Vedanta Foxconn project is moving forward smoothly.

You first need to have an assembly unit to move on to be a component manufacturer.

The first round of PLI electronics targets assembly of electronic products & is provided based on incremental sales.

The second round of PLI electronics, provides incentive based on manufacturing of specific electronic components, rather than the final product. But is provided on incremental sales.

So the assembly units have to shift to component manufacturing over a period of 5 years, in order to avail higher incentive. More information is available on MeitY website.

Do your fuckin research before shitting all over the thread with China simping.

Last edited:

jai jaganath

Country flag
You keep your conspiracy theories to yourself.
As per lastest updates. The Vedanta Foxconn project is moving forward smoothly.

You first need to have an assembly unit to move on to be a component manufacturer.

The first round of PLI electronics targets assembly of electronic products & is provided based on incremental sales.

The second round of PLI electronics, provides incentive based on manufacturing of specific electronic components, rather than the final product. But is provided on incremental sales.

So the assembly units have to shift to component manufacturing, in order to avail higher incentive. More information is available is on MeitY website.

Do your fuckin research before shitting all over the thread with China simping.
What I am saying what r u speaking
Does Foxconn have tech of semiconductor which vedanta wants to build

SexyChineseLady

Posting exclusively anti-China propaganda sites from Youtube won't help you myuh in understanding the Chinese economy ;)

China has a leading position on ALL of the new industries powering growth in the future :)

News from the INDUSTRIES :D
1) EVs
A276EE1C-9DB2-4950-A51E-B1EB24EBF397.jpeg

BDD865E9-C817-4A5A-8D57-30234EEADA10.jpeg

8B9F8E55-7ACA-46FB-8C20-8A3392A0913A.jpeg

2) Batteries -- CATL
01820765-E5CE-4363-BEF6-E15935289C52.jpeg

3) Wind
EB574CE6-312B-4373-84AE-D1E4AA429D24.jpeg

4) Solar
9E3D0510-295F-4D05-8A78-CE6479149B12.jpeg

5) Industrial Robotics/Automation
05C9DD49-391C-45EC-BC9C-8581E234C8EC.jpeg

D8FEC86F-8950-41BB-A609-A6761664C7C9.jpeg

SexyChineseLady

China has a major presence in EVERY sector and is dominant in a lot of them.

It builds experience and capacity in them meticulously over time. Waiting for the West to move factories from China (mostly going to Vietnam and ASEAN anyways because of access to Chinese parts) won't get you into a dominant position in sectors like nuclear power.

You need to invest and build up the industry yourself:
C1181F15-F596-4A7D-BED2-E35087CE0038.jpeg

AE437DA5-B849-4277-AA23-70FCC4CB3C8C.jpeg

A5A62FC7-5646-4B05-BBB7-3018AC2A2927.jpeg

7DC05D50-BB86-49BF-B84F-63CFB240F465.jpeg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles