China Economy: News & Discussion

rockdog

Country flag
So you admit the use of salami slicing by your country after all. Your country has tried to use it against India.

You should support Russia more overtly. There is a great reorientation to the polarization of the world order. And you never know when you will need Russia's help. Besides supporting Russia helps keep US out of Asia for good.
Salami slicing tactic is using by lots of nations, it's a open trick just like the conents from the book named "The art of War".

China is not that supportive to Russia as you thought, after the war broken lots of Chinese firms retreated from Russsia, my frined was in Alibaba Russia, later he was fired with lots of compensation.

Simplely speaking, a collapsed Russia will be a geopolitical disaster to China, but bleeding Europe and Russia would be a gain to many nations, including CN and IN.

The best choice is the Russia-Ukraine war lasts for 2-5 years, it will weaken the EU and distract USA's strengh. That's why so far China only provides limited support to Russia.

Last edited:

Blademaster

Salami slicing tactic is using by lots of nations, it's a open trick just like the conents from the book named "The art of War".

China is not that supportive to Russia as you thought, after the war broken lots of Chinese firms retreated from Russsia, my frined was in Alibaba Russia, later he was fired with lots of compensation.

Simplely speaking, a collapsed Russia will be a geopolitical disaster to China, but bleeding Europe and Russia would be a gain to many nations, including CN and IN.

The best choice is the Russia-Ukraine war lasts for 2-5 years, it will weaken the EU and distract USA's strengh. That's why so far China only provides limited support to Russia.
Disagree. A strong Russia will keep the US and NATO at bay. Bleeding Europe is good but not bleeding Russia. Russia's population is not growing. If it was growing, then it can afford to bleed.

SexyChineseLady

I have a question for you. Since US is trying to cut off China's access from chip machinery, are you and China going to toe US's line about not supplying Russia with materials?

Why don't you simply tell US in clear and in no uncertain terms that they can go to hell and fuck their own asses while there?
It is not just the US but Europe as well. China does want to keep good terms with many European countries.

Supplying Russia is happening on a company by company basis. Companies that has little market or assets in the US or West are doing it.

Obviously because China-Russia has grown 30%!!!

rockdog

Country flag
This is all you need to know about CCP’s fake gdp, just like their fake millionaires and fake vaccines.

Since you post those bullshit again, let me repeat my previous answer:

If you go quora.com , searching the topic of "Chinese GDP is underestimated or overestimated" most answers are undersestimated.

Here some keynotes:
1. Take India as benchmark, if China only has 60% of GDP is real, which means only 3 times as Imdia's GDP; you couldn't explain its car sales is 10x by currency value and 5 times byvolume, Electricity production is 5 times and manufacture is 10 time than India.

2. I m operating a small firm, i knew how much business activities were not calculated into statistics and they are almost tax free. In fact most firms under 2 Million RMB (USD300,000) revene per year are almost tax free, which means the autority didn't know how much you earned, let alone put your figure into the excel...

3. China didn't calculate rents into the GDP if you owned that house, but in USA even you have a house, you are self rent (imaginary rent) you house and they are part of GDP calcuation. And 70% of Chinese family owned at least a house... Tip: In the real estate sector, USA is 2 times bigger than China by GDP.

4. Local government from Northern China like to bluffing the local GDP, but southern government like to hide its GDP. That's quite well known. And China's eastern and southern parts are far more strong than northern and western.

SexyChineseLady

China’s Box Office Soars With $993M in Holiday Sales, Topping Pre-Pandemic Period
The post-COVID return of Chinese consumers to the multiplex is encouraging news for a global economy looking for bright spots.

BY PATRICK BRZESKI

JANUARY 29, 2023 10:22PM

After three long years of pandemic drift and deterioration, China’s movie box office was back in booming form over the week-long Lunar New Year holiday. Total ticket sales over the six-day festive period, China’s most lucrative moviegoing window of the year, climbed to $993.8 million this year, up 14 percent from the equivalent stretch in 2019, the last holiday prior to the pandemic. This year’s bonanza also easily topped the 2022 Lunar New Year, which brought in $888.2 million.

The strong comeback at the Chinese multiplex was one of several encouraging indicators of economic recovery during the holiday, as Chinese consumers returned en masse to restaurants, tourist sites and entertainment venues, breathing a collective sigh of relief after the abrupt exit from Beijing’s restrictive “COVID zero” policy late last year. The box-office rebound is being read as welcome news by international investors as well as film executives, with many economists banking on cash-flush Chinese consumers to give the wobbly global economy a boost in 2023.

fooLIam

China being benefactor from Russia-Ukraine in short term is already considered in US think thank analysis.
Instead of going solo, shouldn’t PRC start making alliance with Russia,Iran etc like west?

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag

If you go quora.com , searching the topic of "Chinese GDP is underestimated or overestimated" most answers are undersestimated.

Here some keynotes:
1. Take India as benchmark, if China only has 60% of GDP is real, which means only 3 times as Imdia's GDP; you couldn't explain its car sales is 10x by currency value and 5 times byvolume, Electricity production is 5 times and manufacture is 10 time than India.

2. I m operating a small firm, i knew how much business activities were not calculated into statistics and they are almost tax free. In fact most firms under 2 Million RMB (USD300,000) revene per year are almost tax free, which means the autority didn't know how much you earned, let alone put your figure into the excel...

3. China didn't calculate rents into the GDP if you owned that house, but in USA even you have a house, you are self rent (imaginary rent) you house and they are part of GDP calcuation. And 70% of Chinese family owned at least a house... Tip: In the real estate sector, USA is 2 times bigger than China by GDP.

4. Local government from Northern China like to bluffing the local GDP, but southern government like to hide its GDP. That's quite well known. And China's eastern and southern parts are far more strong than northern and western.

All exports. GDP= Exports-Imports. GDP is not equal to exports.
The above report is peer reviewed and well researched, not your Quora idiots. Lol.

ym888

All exports. GDP= Exports-Imports. GDP is not equal to exports.
The above report is peer reviewed and well researched, not your Quora idiots. Lol.
There are three ways of measuring GDP, each of which should give the same answer. These methods are:

1. The Output Method (all value added by each producer),
  2. The Income Method (all income generated) and
  3. The Expenditure Method (all spending).

Components of GDP by expenditure GDP (Y) is the sum of consumption (C), investment (I), government Expenditures (G) and net exports (X – M).
  • X (exports)
  • M (imports)

Y = C + I + G + (X − M)

Simply put, C, I, and G ,X are all closely related to M.

A big importer must be an economic power,

Big exporters are necessarily prosperous economies.

Big importer + big exporter = China

rockdog

Country flag
China being benefactor from Russia-Ukraine in short term is already considered in US think thank analysis.
Instead of going solo, shouldn’t PRC start making alliance with Russia,Iran etc like west?
After Mao's era, China's policy was getting into western system and don't go extreme. It already lasted 40 yrs, i don't see any reason to change it.

Ally with Russia means away from EU and US, but China enjoyed most tech and trade benefits from them.

Ally with Iran means away from Arabic nations and Isreal, but Mideast is provding huge engery and markets for China; Isreal in past 30 yrs provided lots of military and civil tech to China.

So far Russia's economy is the same size of our Guangdong provice, the Iran is also weak on all aspects, retaining good relationship with them dosen't mean we need to give up relations with other nations.

rockdog

Country flag
In 2022, China's shipbuilding completion accounted for 47.3% of the global total, and the international market share of shipbuilding industry remained the first in the world

108.jpg

Half share of world's shipbuilding industry by China 2022, the most high value type the LNG, China gained $10 Billion during 2022.

SexyChineseLady

If China had listened to the advice of Westerns, it would have never developed the Solar or EV industries (or the Chinese Space station) :D

SexyChineseLady

In 2022, China's shipbuilding completion accounted for 47.3% of the global total, and the international market share of shipbuilding industry remained the first in the world

View attachment 191798

Half share of world's shipbuilding industry by China 2022, the most high value type the LNG, China gained $10 Billion during 2022.
Being able to build and grab a major market share in LNG means a lot of other technological advancements too!

SexyChineseLady

Here some keynotes:

I think China's economy is way understated and is far larger than it is published as -- even bigger than the PPP figures where it is already listed as 15-20% larger than the US.

Think about this -- China imports 71% of the WORLD'S iron ore in 2022 which is a down year for China!

There is absolutely no way that the country eats up 71% of the world's supply of iron ore has an economy that is smaller than anyone else.

China builds, imports and consumes multiple times what the supposedly-largest economy, the US, does.

Basically impossible to buy twice as much discretionary items like German luxury cars without a bigger economy. And China has a far wider network of public transportation like HSR and metros which actually discourage auto buying!
4531F52B-C4D2-4EFC-A825-568A1FF14882.png

Last edited:

rockdog

Country flag
I think China's economy is way understated and is far larger than it is published as -- even bigger than the PPP figures where it is already listed as 15-20% larger than the US.

Think about this -- China imports 71% of the WORLD'S iron ore in 2022 which is a down year for China!

China builds, imports and consumes multiple times what the supposedly-largest economy, the US, does.

Basically impossible to buy twice as much discretionary items like German luxury cars without a bigger economy. And China has a far wider network of public transportation like HSR and metros which actually discourage auto buying!
View attachment 191876
One good thing about China's HSR system is it saved at least 2000 planes for purchasing from Airbus & Boeing, it killed 50% share below 1000km airlines.

SexyChineseLady

One good thing about China's HSR system is it saved at least 2000 planes for purchasing from Airbus & Boeing, it killed 50% share below 1000km airlines.
And STILL China needs about 7000 airliners in the next two decades that is kickstarting COMAC and AECC for aircraft and aircraft engines as a new industrial pillar :D

Everything points to an economy that is the biggest in the world and by a wide margin at that.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles