China Economy: News & Discussion

prasadr14

PrasadReddy

Chinese police ran over bunch of students protesting intentionally and killing them.

The Han Chinese seems to be top grade cowards.
The govt should respect and fear it's people but in China CCP basically fks up the Chinese and they don't even whimper.

How can these cowards win any war?
Pretty certain Taiwan will spank their bums as and when they try to be funny.

Moderation notes: Not China as per members' claim

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheepek

Chinese police ran over bunch of students protesting intentionally and killing them.

The govt should respect and fear it's people but in China CCP basically fks up the Chinese and they don't even whimper.

Not China

fooLIam

Does not seems to be PRC.

fooLIam

China can have a per capita GDP of 1,000,000 $ for all I care.

95%+ of population are modern day slaves who live at the mercy of CCP.

Wouldn't want to live in such a dystopian state ever.
Well at least they can steamroll the so called “activist,environmentalists,” and can focus on infrastructure and industry creation and national security (see the huge software update facilities in xinxiang province) A feature we very badly need.

Vinash

Country flag
Well at least they can steamroll their so called “activist,environmentalists,” and can focus on infrastructure and industry creation and national security (see the huge software update facilities in xinxiang province) A feature we very badly need.
India and China are 2 extremes when it comes to dealing with activists etc

There's no need to be as spineless as Indian state currently is, neither is there a need to be as ruthless as CCP.

Balance is necessary for longterm success.

skywatcher

Country flag
Edward Lawrence, a journalist at the BBC, was arrested by police in Shanghai at the scene of protests on Sunday night, according to the BBC and as captured on what appears to be mobile phone footage of the arrest.

BBC spokesperson has expressed extreme concern about his treatment, saying he was “beaten and kicked by the police.”

British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has said China poses a “systemic” challenge to UK values as his government condemned Beijing after a BBC journalist was beaten while covering protests in Shanghai.

Last edited:

Concard

Country flag
China can have a per capita GDP of 1,000,000 $ for all I care.

95%+ of population are modern day slaves who live at the mercy of CCP.

Wouldn't want to live in such a dystopian state ever.
To be fair I have observed this phenomenon with East Asian societies and they weren't much different from China apart from the brutal 1 child policy imposed by CCP. What do I by mean that? Let me explain in detail little bit here.

When I say East Asian societies I am particularly talking about China, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea and Singapore. When I meant they weren't much different I meant in the way they exploit their population especially at the bottom of the pyramid who constitute a huge base. In all of the countries I mentioned above have brutal working hours. In Japan there is a term for this called "Karoshi" which means death from overwork. In South Korea they call it as "Gwarosa". This 996 which is basically working from 9AM to 9PM 6 days a week is not limited to China alone. Their societies are very rigid in terms of social structure. There is no work life balance. These societies work on conformity not adaptability. They don't respond to change very well. They believe in working hard no matter what to get out of the situation they are in. This thought process is good when are you in 1945 Japan after the country is devastated from Nuclear bombs and WW2, it is good in South Korea after the Korean war or China after Mao's disaster experiment with Communism.

This uniformity among the population and focus on a singular goal can quickly uplift a country from object poverty to a decent economy in short span of time. But this will come at a huge cost to bottom half of the population in the pyramid as more focus on work mean little time for family. All the countries I have mentioned have lower birthrates. Taiwan, Japan, South Korea and Singapore never imposed any brutal family planning policy like China yet their birth rates are dangerously low. In South Korea fertility rate is lower than 1. The lure of real estate is not something limited to China but also East Asian societies mentioned above. All these societies also have hierarchical structure in terms of seniority, wealth and power. These societies are based on Confucianism and Confucius himself said hierarchy leads to harmony within the society.

Look at the education system in these countries. They all make their kids grind from morning until midnight. And these kids are burnt out even before they turn 18. If you have a hammer in your hand you see every problem as a nail. And that is how their societies work in general. The long term effects of this thinking is going to be detrimental for their societies. Japan is a good example. And we going to see in the coming years how their societies are going to fair and unravel.

no smoking

Country flag
To be fair I have observed this phenomenon with East Asian societies and they weren't much different from China apart from the brutal 1 child policy imposed by CCP. What do I by mean that? Let me explain in detail little bit here.
Well, that is not a phenomenon happened in East Aisa society. Actually, it happened in every developed country in their early stage. People just forget how their great great parents worked in the factories.
That is simply like a new employee with zero experience, less knowledge. How does he or she get promoted? Working harder, longer and study when other people is sleeping.

Actually, India is doing the exactly same thing:

Indian employees work longest, paid least globally with no leisure hours, claims ILO report - BusinessToday

And that is how their societies work in general. The long term effects of this thinking is going to be detrimental for their societies. Japan is a good example. And we going to see in the coming years how their societies are going to fair and unravel.
For the countries which has been existed for thousand years, the belief that they don't know how to adjust their life and social culture is just laughable as believe that a society has only one kind of structure and life style.

Actually, if you take a close look of these East Asia countries, you will find that things have always been changing. The new generation of youth is starting to choose a different route of their education, life and career.

Japan's problem is that they already reach their roof economically but they can't break their political and diplomatic limit put in by Americans: they are not a genuine independent country.

KurtisBrian

Country flag

depends if you want rule of law or mob rule.
Parasitic thieves of the mob will vote to give themselves the money, thus wealth, of others. They take from those who created.
Demoncrazy is share the wealth. Parasites and takers love it.
Proof is in the fact that you see foreigners swarm into nations with demoncrazy gov'ts (to take). Don't see too many moving to fascist or communist states.

SexyChineseLady

The man who led China into the WTO and its growth into the largest economy the world had even seen has joined the ancient Emperors of the People of the Dragon:

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Well, that is not a phenomenon happened in East Aisa society. Actually, it happened in every developed country in their early stage. People just forget how their great great parents worked in the factories.
That is simply like a new employee with zero experience, less knowledge. How does he or she get promoted? Working harder, longer and study when other people is sleeping.

Actually, India is doing the exactly same thing:

Indian employees work longest, paid least globally with no leisure hours, claims ILO report - BusinessToday

For the countries which has been existed for thousand years, the belief that they don't know how to adjust their life and social culture is just laughable as believe that a society has only one kind of structure and life style.

Actually, if you take a close look of these East Asia countries, you will find that things have always been changing. The new generation of youth is starting to choose a different route of their education, life and career.

Japan's problem is that they already reach their roof economically but they can't break their political and diplomatic limit put in by Americans: they are not a genuine independent country.
Yeah…but I don’t think any of the other countries did a great leap backward or occupy territories by force. They also did not steal technology or proliferate nuke technology to rogue nations. All of these other East Asian countries love and respect the Dalai Lama and have a fair justice system. They are not going around building artificial islands to claim marine ownership or installing a billion CCTVs to continuously monitor their citizens. These other East Asian countries have not run tanks over protesters or harvested organs of members of organizations that the ruling junta did not liked . These other East Asian countries did not hide Covid prevalence and deaths statistics or impose a garbage 1-child policy. These other East Asian countries did not create scores of cancer villages or turn their rivers into toxic sludge. And so much more…so no, these other East Asian cultures are very different from the autocratic CCP and its PLA cronies. They never hurt their citizens to the vile extent has done to its own citizens.

KurtisBrian

Country flag
ancient Emperors of the People of the Dragon:
Perhaps the people of the dragon, are given the borrowed money and factories of others. Then the people of the dragon labor like mules and donkeys. Seems odd to me since dragons supposedly take by violence and burning.

Genghis being a dragon makes sense.

Note Gen reversed is Neg. Negative of the Tao, Negro says that Negative people grow. Neg grow. Opposite would be positive not big people. Not growing big would be short. Interesting to me that short has all the letters for Thor, giant killer.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles