China Economy: News & Discussion

johnq

Infrastructure like this:
Watch: One Of China's Tallest Skyscrapers Wobbles And Shakes
Emergency management officials are investigating what caused the near 300-metre high SEG Plaza in Shenzhen's Futian district to wobble, according to a post on the Twitter-like Weibo.

One of China's tallest skyscrapers was evacuated Tuesday after it began to shake, sending panicked shoppers scampering to safety in the southern city of Shenzhen.

The near 300-metre (980 ft) high SEG Plaza inexplicably began to shake at around 1pm, prompting an evacuation of people inside while pedestrians looked on open-mouthed from the streets outside.

The building was sealed shut as of 2:40 pm, according to local media reports.

Completed in 2000, the tower is home to a major electronics market as well as various offices in the downtown of one of China's fastest-growing cities.

Emergency management officials are investigating what caused the tower in Shenzhen's Futian district to wobble, according to a post on the Twitter-like Weibo platform.

"After checking and analysing the data of various earthquake monitoring stations across the city, there was no earthquake in Shenzhen today," the statement said.

"The cause of the shaking is being verified by various departments."

It was not immediately clear how authorities will handle a dangerous building of its scale in the heart of a city of over 12 million people.

Bystander videos published by local media on Weibo showed the skyscraper shaking on its foundations as hundreds of terrified pedestrians ran away outside.

"SEG has been completely evacuated," wrote one Weibo user in a caption to a video of hundreds of people milling about on a wide shopping street near the tower.

The tower is named after the semiconductor and electronics manufacturer Shenzhen Electronics Group, whose offices are based in the building.

It is the 18th tallest tower in Shenzhen, according to the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat skyscraper database.

Chinese authorities last year banned the construction of skyscrapers taller than 500 metres, adding to height restrictions already enforced in some cities such as Beijing.

The new guidelines for architects, urban planners and developers aimed to "highlight Chinese characteristics" and also banned tacky "copycat" buildings modelled after world landmarks.

Five of the world's tallest skyscrapers are located in China, including the world's second-tallest building, the Shanghai Tower, which stands at 632 metres.

Shenzhen is a sprawling metropolis in southern China, close to Hong Kong, which has a booming homegrown tech manufacturing scene.

Many Chinese tech giants, including Tencent and Huawei, have chosen the city to host their headquarters. It is home to the world's fourth-tallest skyscraper, the 599-metre Ping An Finance Centre.
Building collapses are not rare in China, where lax building standards and breakneck urbanisation lead to constructions being thrown up in haste.

Last May, a five-storey quarantine hotel in the south-eastern city of Quanzhou collapsed due to shoddy construction, killing 29.
The devastating 2008 Sichuan earthquake caused over 69,000 deaths. The disaster ignited a storm of public controversy over poorly constructed school buildings -- dubbed 'tofu dregs' -- which collapsed and killed thousands of students.
A Glass Bridge. Gale-Force Winds. A Moment of Terror High in the Air.
Gusts blew out parts of a glass bridge’s flooring in northeast China, trapping a man and raising questions about the safety of similar hair-raising tourist attractions in the country.

A man who ventured out on a glass-bottom bridge in China’s northeast was left clinging to the side for dear life after gale-force winds blew away some floor panels, leaving gaping holes in the structure hundreds of feet above the ground, local officials said.
The episode occurred on Saturday at Piyan Mountain in Longjing, China, state media said, citing the city government. It spurred a frantic attempt to rescue the man, whom the authorities did not identify. He inched his way to safety, helped or coaxed — news accounts varied — by a rescue crew. A photo of what state media said was the moment of terror went viral.
The harrowing episode left many people in China deeply rattled, spurring discussions about what could have been a nightmarish ending and raising questions about the safety of many of the country’s glass bridges, walkways and viewing decks.
“This is exactly why I dare not step on a bridge like that,” one tourist identified as Wadetian wrote on Weibo, the Chinese social media site. “I broke out in a cold sweat just looking at it,” another user said.

The construction of glass-bottomed bridges has boomed in China in recent years, as part of a rush for hair-raising attractions that capitalize on the notion of construction that blends almost invisibly into the natural environment. The attractions have been swarmed in recent weeks by visitors as coronavirus fears have eased.
By some estimates, there are about 2,300 such bridges across the country. The longest, completed last year, stretches more than 1,700 feet across a gorge and rises over 650 feet in the air. One has a built-in swaying effect intended to take away the breaths of those who dare traverse it. Another is designed so that it seems and sounds as if it is cracking.
Found-footage horror filmhttps://t.co/2wai5pXIBM
— Matt Knight (@MattCKnight) May 9, 2021
The Piyan Mountain bridge overlooks a bend in the Hailan River. Up to 1,500 people have crossed at a time, and the bridge is advertised as offering an experience akin to “hanging above a bottomless chasm.”
According to state media reports, around 12:45 p.m. Saturday, winds of up to 90 miles per hour tore through the picturesque tourist site, blowing out parts of the glass deck and trapping the man, described as a tourist.

Rescue workers were called to the scene. But after about 35 minutes, the reports said, he crawled to safety and was transferred to hospital for a psychiatric assessment.
The man was later released after his emotional and physical health “stabilized,” The Jilin Daily, the official provincial newspaper, reported, adding that the site of the accident had since been closed while inspectors checked for hazards.

In 2019, one person died and six others were injured after they flew off a glass slide in Guangxi in China’s south, leading the Chinese province of Hebei to close all 32 of its glass attractions. Another person died in a similar accident in 2017.
The previous year, a glass bridge in Zhangjiajie, at that time the world’s longest, was shuttered because of overcrowding after it had been open for less than two weeks. The Piyan mountain bridge was also closed after inspectors found cracks on a glass plate in 2018.
World's highest glass bridge in Zhangjiajie, Hunan, closes temporarily from Fri. due to visitor numbers. pic.twitter.com/0ojziKQXNC
— People's Daily, China (@PDChina) September 3, 2016
In recent years, the government has attempted to control the rush of glass bridge construction and strengthen safety inspections, and new standards for building the attractions started this month.

Kumata

Country flag
Lol. China debt is lower than Japan's and Japan's debt had been like this for decades.

BTW, you know that only advanced countries can do this right? Third world countries can't finance development with debt even if they tried because their IOUs cannot get them material from the markets. This is why they are under-develop.

Infrastructure, like high speed rail, super highways and airports can only be financed by debt. If you need to pay immediately with cash, you can never build things that would take decades to recoup cost (but help the economy boom.)

Thank you for worrying about China's debt but you should be more worry about your country's inability to get financing for infrastructure. Infrastructure is the biggest difference between places like China/Japan and like India/Bangladesh.
I never asked about your opinion. Pls take your high speed rails up your ass, be a mermaid , swim in shanghai gutter oil and post ur swim videos here...

I had rather live a life i austerity than living off some third party's Money !!!!!!!!!

SexyChineseLady

I never asked about your opinion. Pls take your high speed rails up your ass, be a mermaid , swim in shanghai gutter oil and post ur swim videos here...

I had rather live a life i austerity than living off some third party's Money !!!!!!!!!

You know, you're really an a*hole of the first order. But I like your attitude. lol

Please visit Sanya, China's Hawaii! Incredible debt financed infrastructure built up only in the last few years!

Don't forget the mermaid show!

johnq

The big difference is that China is still developing, while Japan has already developed into a high end economy. So the debt is less of an issue for Japan, especially considering that Chinese Communist Party recently created and exported the Covid bioweapon to the rest of the world, and the world is moving away from China right now.
Here is a video that discusses this in some detail:
Should YOU Be Worried About China? (Honest Answer + Analysis)
The China threat. We have all heard it, however, are we just looking up to China's achievements, regardless of whether they are true or false? Are we ignoring our innate strengths as a multicultural democracy? Is China, led by the CCP, truly a threat? Article - China Isn't 10 Feet Tall https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articl... Check out Peter Santenello https://www.youtube.com/user/santenello

SexyChineseLady

you know you are exactly doing what i wanted .... you will make for a good bitch in the ...!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol. F-U, you A*Hole!

But please visit Sanya and rent a room at our luxurious debt-financed world-class seaside hotels!

Kumata

Country flag
Lol. F-U, you A*Hole!

But please visit Sanya and rent a room at our luxurious debt-financed world-class seaside hotels!
I don't stay too far from your home My Bitch. I have my own better properties to stay and enjoy .. Between your chinese girls fear us brown man a lot... speaking from first hand experience.!!!!!!!!!!!!

what to do poor me :creepy::creepy::creepy:

Kumata

Country flag
@Kumata @SexyChineseLady calm down. no bad words ... we need exchange different ideas ... Even this forum is full of racial attacks, we don't need any extra.
Excuse me.. who the Fuck U r to ask me to calm down. I am not your CCP clown ....Assholes of the highest order!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Racism .. Again CCP bots fav boggie...when nothing works cry racism...

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Lol. China debt is lower than Japan's and Japan's debt had been like this for decades.

BTW, you know that only advanced countries can do this right? Third world countries can't finance development with debt even if they tried because their IOUs cannot get them material from the markets. This is why they are under-develop.

Infrastructure, like high speed rail, super highways and airports can only be financed by debt. If you need to pay immediately with cash, you can never build things that would take decades to recoup cost (but help the economy boom.)

Thank you for worrying about China's debt but you should be more worry about your country's inability to get financing for infrastructure. Infrastructure is the biggest difference between places like China/Japan and like India/Bangladesh.
"country's inability to get financing for infrastructure" - and this is based on?

14767 projects worth $2 trillion are under various stages of implementation:
Surely you dont think the Indian government has made us all sell our gold to finance $2 trillion worth of projects?
Overestimation of Chinese especially the CCP bots about their ability to finance their projects is frankly hilarious. With tons and tons of empty cities, amusement parks, China's only method to show GDP growth has been to build and build taking on huge piles of debt. Meanwhile an ordinary Chinese lives in the same old slum in Guangzhou, just looking up at all the shoddily built, ugly looking apartments next door that no one is able to afford and blocks all the sunlight for their shanty houses and turns Chinese cities into what looks like rows upon rows of prisoner housing. Just a satellite image of Guangzhou shows how bad the city is. Even several parts of Beijing look like a dump with rows upon rows of soviet-style bland apartment towers, where people live like caged animals in apartments with no facilities and peeling plaster walls. The more upscale buildings are like 50% empty, including in Shenzhen, where the vacancy rate is as high as 22%. This was in 2019 when the wuhan virus hit.

One can imagine what the vacancy rate is now. Probably close to 35-40%.

Just overbuilt, poorly constructed buildings swaying in the wind or leaking water, where no one wants to conduct business in. This is the sad story of China.

Now they are exporting this sad story to Hong Kong and destroying that city too, which no longer is the financial hub of Asia with several businesses having moved to Singapore. And leading HK talent emigrating to UK, Australia, Singapore, the US etc. Nice job, CCP virus spreaders. Killing the goose that lays the golden eggs - very nice indeed.

SexyChineseLady

Not only was China the fastest growing economy in 2020, it is also the fastest growing economy in the world for 2021 so far!!!

Kumata

Country flag
Not only was China the fastest growing economy in 2020, it is also the fastest growing economy in the world for 2021 so far!!!

Well.. when whole world is suffering having spread the virus.. no surprises there...

BUT

You are back my BItch.. !!!!!!!!!!!
your sanya hotel ws good but not great...... I enjoyed a lot with your mermaids in my personnel harem ..,But they run -way crying ...poor me :creepy: :creepy:

ladder

Country flag
You know, you're really an a*hole of the first order. But I like your attitude. lol

Please visit Sanya, China's Hawaii! Incredible debt financed infrastructure built up only in the last few years!

Don't forget the mermaid show!
What happened here? Depopulated the whole ocean of marine life that now half of the ccpers have to swim as mermaid for the entertainment of other half?

Last edited:

SexyChineseLady

What happened here? Depopulated the whole ocean of marine life that now half of the ccpers have to swim as mermaid for the entertainment of other half?

Don't be silly. Those shows are in luxury hotels in Sanya, Hainan!

And plenty of sea life! Even in your room!

Kumata

Country flag
Gross! Why are you such a pervert!?
What Pervert....

Looks carefully, she is indeed spreading legs along with that curtain....as if both are connected...

Between i missed your presence in that Sanya hotel room... U need to spend some time with wellwishers also... I know CCP is priority but still!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not good my @SexyChineseLady

SexyChineseLady

Sanya is a wholesome vacation spot for couples and families!

There is plenty of sea life including dolphins and mermaids!

FC42BAF8-F7F4-4ECF-8620-08ED388421B7.jpeg

6C99D759-0FAA-4B89-90F2-C19D5E0CC6C2.jpeg

D8D5EEB2-F839-41A8-947C-E51DC3057C7A.jpeg

2F6F3D65-1C89-4FAF-96CB-80F28AC6BFDA.jpeg

ladder

Country flag
Sanya is a wholesome vacation spot for couples and families!

There is plenty of sea life including dolphins and mermaids!

View attachment 91099
Even more confusing. What's happening here?
Ah silly me.
The mermaid must have recently traded her things for legs, that's why she can't wrap her head across the contraption called shoes that the landlubbers wear around.

But poor mermaid, that guy tying her laces isn't a prince either. The mermaid will still remain a maid. A barmaid or a hotel maid in Sanya.

Neither the Man and Maid ended well in mediaeval Copenhagen nor its modern version, Han and Maid.😜

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles