China Economy: News & Discussion

Haldiram

Country flag
Even so, nothing strange, buisness can be pararell with religion stuff.

World Beef Exports: Ranking Of Countries

Ya'll Cheeni Nibbas take even jokes seriously. @vampyrbladez didn't imply that Pakistan was selling pork, he said something else. :troll:

But you is right. India is also the largest producer of alcohol in the world, amounting to 65% of the whole planet's alcohol production and second largest tobacco producer in the world, second largest army in the world, and second largest meat consumer of the world, despite the 'father of the nation' preferring his gourmet paneer kofta with a side dish of non-violence and underage girls. It'd be quite a riot if the nation followed his value system to the T.

There's always a dichotomy between economic prudence and state morality. In India, at least we can say it out loud.

ladder

Country flag

Most of the beef exported out of India is from water buffalo.
Water buffalo is not held in the same regard in religion as cow ( Indian native variety/ breed).
So, read the finer print. Devil lies in the detail.

rockdog

Country flag
Water buffalo is not held in the same regard in religion as cow ( Indian native variety/ breed).
Thanks i knew it before, that's reason why i take Bbeef from India is an example: most people don't care about details.

Just like you thoguht Pakistan is an ass kisser to China, but in Isamic ideogloy, atheist is the lowest t'class even than infidel like your Hindu. I never think Pakistan is the natural or true borther with China.

That's my intension to reply the the claim "So they are importing Pakistanis now???"

ladder

Country flag
Thanks i knew it before, that's reason why i take Bbeef from India is an example: most people don't care about details.

Just like you thoguht Pakistan is an ass kisser to China, but in Isamic ideogloy, atheist is the lowest t'class even than infidel like your Hindu. I never think Pakistan is the natural or true borther with China.

That's my intension to reply the the claim "So they are importing Pakistanis now???"
Here many people call Pakistani as pork. It stems from two words 'POK' and their disdain for pork. So the poster used it interchangeably for Pakistani and pork. There is no other motive.
Secondly, what's there is to 'think' that Pakistani being a boot licker and ass kisser of China? As a Chinese why should you be offended? It is a testimony of your rise in world politics.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

One fundamental clarification, Pakistan is an Islamic state in name only, not in practice.

There is a very good reason why Pakistanis begin and end a sentence with “inshallah”, because they always have a guilty conscious at the back of their mind of not being Muslim enough. Hence shifting responsibility to Allah. Inshaallah means “god willing”, which means they are not sure if their actions are within the tenets of Islam hence postponing all judgement until after their death.

Infact my observation has been that Saudis, Emiratis and Iranians do not use excessively, I am assuming this is because they are more self confident if their actions.

Bhurki

Cow protection doesn't really have to do something with religion. It was always economics.
Much of agrarian India is lacto-vegetarian.
You can't really go through the day without consuming milk products.
I was quite surprised by this.
Also cattle was used in a massive way for logistics and farm related activities.
So cow was probably instated as a god for ' dont kill the goose that lays the golden egg' purposes.
There's several other instances where medicinal herbs like Indian basil are considered gods.
Indians quite early on learnt how to protect the daily practices from getting endangered by using a shield of religion, and that's actually served quite good.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
If they get to hold up traffic for over one billion people I would say it is religious.
You are missing the point where millions of lives are saved because of these living breathing speed breakers.

On a serious note, I haven’t seen a cow on the road for years where I live, and I live outside the city.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Should read the whole thing before you start to nitpick.
It is a religious issue because it is the main source of meat for Muslims who can't eat pork. The Hindu majority made the exception for them to maintain social harmony. If it was outright banned then unrest among Muslims would be out of control.

Haldiram

Country flag
China to revise GDP data based on fourth economic census

After each of the previous three census rounds, the statistics bureau revised up GDP in 2004, 2008 and 2013 by 16.8 per cent, 4.4 per cent, and 3.4 per cent, respectively.

GDP adjustments would not be made to meet a particular growth target and would reflect only the changes in accounting rules and data sources resulting from the census, Li said.

Last week India had done something similar.

amoy

I did see cows along Esplanade metro station along Chowrongee - a main Street of Calcutta. In the centre of Udaipur around the City Palace I had to make do with the so-called Rajasthan pizza. I was told all veggie foods since residents in the downtown were all "pious" Hindus. I couldn't stand it at last and asked tutuk to carry me to the outskirts I.e. Muslim living quarters to enjoy a carnivore's feast. Regrettably I didn't take notes of Indian words for the foods - perhaps banyani or dosta or korma tandoori alike, really delicious cuisines of fish, chicken and lamb...

I had similar unforgettable bites of mutton n chicken in Jodhpur and Agra.

I didn't realize what a treasure of Indian gourmet until experiencing all that!

I also tried vegetarian in Xiamen of China (buddhists populated) a few times but honestly that is just good once in a while and very demanding of perseverance. A Nepali told me meat eaters had usually bad temperaments, which I don't know how true is. Meantime there is also a tradotilnal belief that u r what u eat and veggie leads to better health and longevity.

Last edited:

Deathstar

Country flag
I did see cows along Esplanade metro station along Chowrongee - a main Street of Calcutta. In the centre of Udaipur around the City Palace I had to make do with the so-called Rajasthan pizza. I was told all veggie foods since residents in the downtown were all "pious" Hindus. I couldn't stand it at last and asked tutuk to carry me to the outskirts I.e. Muslim living quarters to enjoy a carnivore's feast. Regrettably I didn't take notes of Indian words for the foods - perhaps banyani or dosta or korma tandoori alike, really delicious cuisines of fish, chicken and lamb...

I had similar unforgettable bites of mutton n chicken in Jodhpur and Agra.

I didn't realize what a treasure of Indian gourmet until experiencing all that!

I also tried vegetarian in Xiamen of China (buddhists populated) a few times but honestly that is just good once in a while and very demanding of perseverance. A Nepali told me meat eaters had usually bad temperaments, which I don't know how true is. Meantime there is also a tradotilnal belief that u r what u eat and veggie leads to better health and longevity.
Veg food of India is probably best in the world.
Hindus in Rajasthan are generally Veg but if u come down south u will get enjoy juicy non veg food. Chicken ,Mutton , even now a days u get pork here. Even excellent fish , squids , prawns , crabs, Lamb even Sharks.
Even we Indians have Indianized Chinese cuisine. You will absolutely love it.
Hinduism isnt a monolithic religion like Islam and Christianity. You aren't forced to observe any rules. Every one has his own beliefd which give satisfaction.
Even an athiest can be a Hindu. Theres no compulsion to pray or visit Temple.
Satisfaction of ones Mind is far more important than any rules / regulation in Hinduism.
Though we still are mess overall in development and peoples mentality.

Bhurki

https://m.sohu.com/a/355270287_682294/?pvid=000115_3w_a
14 high-speed railways and 2 intercity railways have been confirmed to open to traffic during the year, and 12 high-speed railways have been put into trial operation recently.
6096422115f44cd4a401530491c066a9.jpeg

In 2019, approximately 4,260 kilometers of new high-speed railways (200+ kph) will be opened
i
ncluding 2000 km of 250 kph,
and 1800 km of 350kph.

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

These Japanese cows are pampered all their short lives...

:bplease:

Bhurki

Here's the teaser for main HSR line for 2022 winter olympics connecting Beijing to zhangjiakou..

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
CHINA’S BAIDU DETHRONES GOOGLE TO TAKE AI LANGUAGE CROWN

Artificial intelligence competition previously dominated by US tech giants

7 hours ago

Chinese technology giant Baidu has overtaken Google and Microsoft in an artificial intelligence competition designed to test how well a machine can understand human language.

Baidu, which is often referred to as China‘s Google, achieved the highest ever score in the General Language Understanding Evaluation (Glue) – widely considered to be the benchmark for AI language understanding.

The firm’s Ernie (Enhanced Representation through kNowledge IntEgration) model became the first to score above 90 on the test, topping a leaderboard dominated by US tech firms and universities.

The feat also makes it one of only 10 AI systems to surpass the average human score of 87.1 on the GLUE benchmark.

Ernie used a similar method to Google’s Bert (Bidirectional Encoder Representations from Transformers) model, which transformed natural-language understanding for AI when it was created last year.

Both Bert and Ernie – named after Sesame Street characters – interpret meaning by examining the words that appear both before and after a word in a sentence in order to fully establish context.

By first developing the Ernie model using the Chinese language and then using it for English words, Baidu researchers realised it made the algorithm even stronger at understanding English.

"When we first started this work, we were thinking specifically about certain characteristics of the Chinese language. But we quickly discovered that it was applicable beyond that," Hao Tian, chief architect of Baidu Research, told MIT Technology Review, who first reported on the research.

Baidu is already using the model to improve results for its search engine and make its AI assistant Xiao Du more accurate.

A paper detailing how Ernie was trained for the language test will be presented at the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence conference next year.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...-artificial-intelligence-google-a9261691.html

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles