China Economy: News & Discussion

ym888

Were we discussing India vs China or China vs Taiwan or SK ?

Let me rephrase what I asked you earlier - is passing Gaokao examination mandatory for selection in the MSS ? If so , explain your selection .
At the present stage

China has a big lead over India

Nothing to debate

Azaad

Country flag
At the present stage

China has a big lead over India

Nothing to debate
A lead of 10-15 yrs at the most , which given your impending decline in growth & our increase in it , we'd cover the gap . Of course , this is assuming great helmsman 2.0 doesn't develop an itch for Taiwan which is what it seems like for if he starts scratching that itch , all bets are off .

ym888

A lead of 10-15 yrs at the most , which given your impending decline in growth & our increase in it , we'd cover the gap . Of course , this is assuming great helmsman 2.0 doesn't develop an itch for Taiwan which is what it seems like for if he starts scratching that itch , all bets are off .
In 2008,

China's GDP was 4.59T

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Given that 90% of the economy is controlled by SOEs, I doubt this data is actually real. The thing is there is no transparent markets in China to rely on any numbers. Everyone agrees that social security in China is worse than even minimally functioning democracies. How much worse is something no one can tell due to the CCP‘s hiding of poverty and human labor exploitation to serve the elites.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
In 2008,

China's GDP was 4.59T
That’s a fake number with growth rate overstated by at least 2% every year for 10+ years as per peer reviewed studies. Take 30% off that number. That is what you were close to.
By the way India had $2 poverty threshold in 2011. This is 2023 and China is still at $1.3-1.6 dollars. You are 10 years behind India in alleviating poverty.

rockdog

Country flag
Given that 90% of the economy is controlled by SOEs, I doubt this data is actually real. The thing is there is no transparent markets in China to rely on any numbers.
In 2023, Private enterprises contribute more than 50% of tax revenue, more than 60% of GDP, more than 70% of technological innovation results, and more than 80% of employment. The private economy is the main force of China's economic development.

U can shit China economy as much as you like, but please get the right data.

CHINA'S PRIVATE SECTOR is often summed up with a combination of four numbers: 60/70/80/90. Private firms contribute approximately 60% of China's GDP, 70% of its innovative capacity, 80% of urban employment and 90% of new jobs.

rockdog

Country flag
Frankly, if it was upto me, we should avoid hosting Olympics, asiad, fifa World cup etc as long as possible. They are notoriously expensive (especially the last one) and often loss making. Much better to have IPL or cricket wc it makes money. But I am sure the government will try to host Olympics soon, it's a dick measuring contest afterall.
Actually, I am very admired how you guys made IPL with so high value and earned huge amount of sponsorship.

This is the most succesful India busienss case i have seen for last 10 yrs, not Jio, not Adani, not Anbani, it's IPL!

Our CBA and CSL are running like shit!

Azaad

Country flag
Chinese used to lay a lot of stock in gold & land . Thanks to the 1 century of humiliation & the 70+ years of con job the CCP has undertaken the Chinese have lost all their ancestral gold & today lack the purchasing power for it , also I suspect the institutional memory of the need for gilded security ingrained over countless generations & millenia into the Chinese which alongside all other tradition & cultural norms were denounced & delegitimized by great helmsman 1.0

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles