China Economy: News & Discussion

rockdog

Country flag
Funds Flow Back to Hong Kong Amid Western Banking Woes, Report Says

(Yicai Global) March 22 -- Hong Kong banks appear to have benefited from recent incidents at Silicon Valley Bank and Credit Suisse Group, with funds flowing back to the city from Western countries, National Business Daily reported today.

Concerns spread around the Western banking system after SVB went bankrupt and troubled Credit Suisse was bought by Swiss bank UBS in an emergency rescue deal. Though the banking system appears less vulnerable than in 2008, the events have spooked investors.

Recent rumors have said that over USD76 billion in funds owned by Chinese people have been withdrawn from the US and USD165 billion has been taken out of Switzerland, flowing mainly to Singapore and Hong Kong.

SexyChineseLady

China imported $2.7 trillion worth of goods in 2022. Only 4 countries in the world has a GDP bigger than $2.7T! :D

SexyChineseLady

So excited for the first Chinese cruise liner -- could entertain 5500 vacationers!!!

Built by exceedingly few countries -- until China only from Europe. Not even South Korea, China's only remaining competitor in overall shipbuilding, has built a mega cruiseliner :D

IMG_5535.jpeg

IMG_5536.jpeg

IMG_5534.jpeg

IMG_5537.jpeg

Sayman Ame

Country flag
So excited for the first Chinese cruise liner -- could entertain 5500 vacationers!!!

Built by exceedingly few countries -- until China only from Europe. Not even South Korea, China's only remaining competitor in overall shipbuilding, has built a mega cruiseliner :D

View attachment 199165
View attachment 199166
View attachment 199167
View attachment 199168

Baby how 'bout you n I go on a vacation on this ? 😘 😘 😘 (alternatively, how 'bout you STFU with your china simping? )

SexyChineseLady

Baby how 'bout you n I go on a vacation on this ? 😘 😘 😘 (alternatively, how 'bout you STFU with your china simping? )
I'm Chinese -- what does "simping" mean in this context? ;)

This is the Chinese economy thread, I do not post in any thread outside the China section so it is VERY easy to avoid my posts :D

Sayman Ame

Country flag
I'm Chinese -- what does "simping" mean in this context? ;)

This is the Chinese economy thread, I do not post in any thread outside the China section so it is VERY easy to avoid my posts :D
I was just living up to the propaganda you Chinks spread about India that there's no Freedom of Expression. Appreciate your sticking to this thread for your propaganda, but it'd be nice if the Chinks could reciprocate the gesture by letting other countries onto their forums too.

SexyChineseLady

I was just living up to the propaganda you Chinks spread about India that there's no Freedom of Expression. Appreciate your sticking to this thread for your propaganda, but it'd be nice if the Chinks could reciprocate the gesture by letting other countries onto their forums too.
Thanks for racial slurs o_O

There are far more foreigners in Chinese forums like SDF and CDF than I see here or any other Indian forum. But your liberal use of "chinks" is probably why I see few Indians compared to Americans or Euros :D

No Chinese forum spread "propaganda" about India. No one talks about India at all in Chinese forums to be perfectly honest.

You can go to the Pakistani Defense Forum's China section too where there is a huge amount people from everywhere including many Indians ;)

Sayman Ame

Country flag
Thanks for racial slurs o_O

There are far more foreigners in Chinese forums like SDF and CDF than I see here or any other Indian forum. But your liberal use of "chinks" is probably why I see few Indians compared to Americans or Euros :D

No Chinese forum spread "propaganda" about India. No one talks about India at all in Chinese forums to be perfectly honest.

You can go to the Pakistani Defense Forum's China section too where there is a huge amount people from everywhere including many Indians ;)
Propaganda as in the ones you sponsor on NYT WaPo BBC etc, not just forums. You won't need to talk about India at all that way, so I see your point.

Babyyy let's just agree to disagree ok? I know we both hate each other n all, but there's no reason why we shouldn't book that cruise and get it all out ;) ;) ;) (Also are you on the Porki Defence Forum as SextChineseLady itself? Because I don't want to carry our business here further , the other dudes might get jealous of our blossoming relationship) :D :D :D

Blademaster

Propaganda as in the ones you sponsor on NYT WaPo BBC etc, not just forums. You won't need to talk about India at all that way, so I see your point.

Babyyy let's just agree to disagree ok? I know we both hate each other n all, but there's no reason why we shouldn't book that cruise and get it all out ;) ;) ;) (Also are you on the Porki Defence Forum as SextChineseLady itself? Because I don't want to carry our business here further , the other dudes might get jealous of our blossoming relationship) :D :D :D
Bro take it easy on her. We don't want to scare her off. She provides valuable insight and news on Chinese economy and military even though it is not to the advantage of India. We should keep tabs on the progress of China and she's doing that for us.

Sayman Ame

Country flag
Bro take it easy on her. We don't want to scare her off. She provides valuable insight and news on Chinese economy and military even though it is not to the advantage of India. We should keep tabs on the progress of China and she's doing that for us.
Agreed. I was just yanking the chains to see the threshold point, and not bad, dude has been trained well to handle it. Normally, it takes the second comment for a wumao to break and come out with pictures of China India clash, but this one's of a top tier one.

Don't worry we've got it settled :)

SexyChineseLady

You are really strange! NYT, WaPo and BBC are Western media which are all very anti-Chinese and yet you see them as doing Chinese propaganda!

One thing I notice in all these forums is Chinese posters tend to post about China and Chinese stuff in a happy, okay prideful, fashion while the Indians also post about China and Chinese stuff but in a sullen, angry, paranoia manner :shock:

I don't recall a single racial slur ever thrown by a Chinese poster in Chinese or Indian or Pakistani/American forum towards Indians. But "chink" is common word in every Chinese discussion in every forum that Indians somehow always find :D

SexyChineseLady

FB8963FB-935F-431A-854C-939226A92806.jpeg

People think this is meaningless :D

No, it's not ;)

In the middle of a trade war, China approved Tesla's proposal to open a gigafactory in China in 2018 and two years later it was the dominant Tesla gigafactory anywhere!

1CDDCF25-83F5-49EF-8D45-7CB094EF089E.jpeg

Tesla has four other gigafactories in the US and Europe but Shanghai builds more Tesla cars than the four in the West put together!

If China treated Western companies like a threat then this would not happen and China would be out a world leading factory and a new customer (which is also the top EV maker in the West!) for the dominant Chinese EV supply chain :)

Narsimha

Country flag
You are really strange! NYT, WaPo and BBC are Western media which are all very anti-Chinese and yet you see them as doing Chinese propaganda!

One thing I notice in all these forums is Chinese posters tend to post about China and Chinese stuff in a happy, okay prideful, fashion while the Indians also post about China and Chinese stuff but in a sullen, angry, paranoia manner :shock:

I don't recall a single racial slur ever thrown by a Chinese poster in Chinese or Indian or Pakistani/American forum towards Indians. But "chink" is common word in every Chinese discussion in every forum that Indians somehow always find :D
Because none of us are here government agents but free people in a democratic country. Only a naive person can think that you're not a CCP paid person. So instead of defending flawed cause where your army keeps attacking us. Try to also understand where the other side is coming from and work to change your country's aggressive stance. We need a break from constantly getting attacked by 2 mental nuclear neighbours, use your brain and understand that all that is said to you isn't misplaced anger.

SexyChineseLady

Because none of us are here government agents but free people in a democratic country. Only a naive person can think that you're not a CCP paid person. So instead of defending flawed cause where your army keeps attacking us. Try to also understand where the other side is coming from and work to change your country's aggressive stance. We need a break from constantly getting attacked by 2 mental nuclear neighbours, use your brain and understand that all that is said to you isn't misplaced anger.
The paid agent part is hilarious. I'd imagine if I were paid, it'd be writing op-ed posts to BBC or NYT instead of the China section of an Indian online forum where hardly anyone of consequence can be affected.

I like posting about Chinese stuff because there is a sense of ethnic pride that I and a lot of other Overseas Chinese have over the rise of China -- just like you Indians do over India. I have no animosity towards India and wouldn't be here at all if you had no China section :)

Narsimha

Country flag
The paid agent part is hilarious. I'd imagine if I were paid, it'd be writing op-ed posts to BBC or NYT instead of the China section of an Indian online forum where hardly anyone of consequence can be affected.

I like posting about Chinese stuff because there is a sense of ethnic pride that I and a lot of other Overseas Chinese have over the rise of China -- just like you Indians do over India. I have no animosity towards India and wouldn't be here at all if you had no China section :)
Usage of overseas chinese for psy ops is a classic and known tactic of MSS. Anyways. Peace.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles