China Economy: News & Discussion

BhumiPutra627

Bro invest ments which we are attracting is very low become any serious
Yeah investment are happening its due to recent push by govt but u see most of then are just assembly
And this is what will in future too
They can almost setup assembly plant in India import skd from China or Vietnam(it is bcoz it has many more chances to become manufacturing powerhouse bcoz proximity to China and govt policies) and assemble
And they want to really setup true manufacturing plant they will setup in their nation only
U just see their recent policies focusing on bring their own companies back their bcoz they don't want another China
Better pay more but the security threat will not arise
If something has to happen in India then only our industrialists have to do it but they seem reluctant to enter new game
Tell me one thing why does develped economies like US set up their manufacturing facilities in China, India & Vietnam ?

When they can easily, just provide more incentives & setup those factories in their own country.

In a capitalist economy profitability is the only thing that determines the mode of investment.

With failing America banking system. Do you think US can sustain such heavy incentives to maintain profitability in US manufacturing.

America doesn't inpose same level of restrictions on India as it does on China presently. If India can provide a cheaper manufacturing alternative to American companies, they will invest in India. And that's what is happening.

Let me show you the reality.

Foreign investment in China slumps to 18-year low

Foreign Investment in China declined by 73% , the sharpest drop since 1999. Meanwhile, foreign direct investment by Chinese companies grew 21%.

Chinese companies have started shifting their production out of China, anticipating US sanctions.

Where as India's headline foreign direct investment (FDI) rose by 36.8 per cent since the pandemic began.

The truth is what is happening to China is not unique. Japan also faced the same treatment in the hands of America in 1980s, when their economy got big enough to challenge US. Japan has slumped ever since.

Military threat from China is just an excuse to maintain US economic hegemony.

When you talk about technology sharing by US. The only technology that makes sense guarding is the semi conductor chips & display fabs. We are already in the process of receiving these tech from Taiwan. It is the lack of their production in India that forces us to import them from China. That reality is going to change in few years.

Check out this video. It explain the Chinese situation.

I just tell you one thing. The tide is on our favor. You don't need to suck up to the Chinese, it's borderline embarassing to read your posts.

Last edited:

srevster

Country flag
Tell me one thing why does develped economies like US set up their manufacturing facilities in China, India & Vietnam ?

When they can easily, just provide more incentives & setup those factories in their own country.

In a capitalist economy profitability is the only thing that determines the mode of investment.

With failing America banking system. Do you think US can sustain such heavy incentives to maintain profitability in US manufacturing.

America doesn't inpose same level of restrictions on India as it does on China presently. If India can provide a cheaper manufacturing alternative to American companies, they will invest in India. And that's what is happening.

Foreign Investment in China declined by 73% , the sharpest drop since 1999. Meanwhile, foreign direct investment by Chinese companies grew 21%.

Chinese companies have started shifting their production out of China, anticipating US sanctions.

Where as India's headline foreign direct investment (FDI) rose by 36.8 per cent since the pandemic began.

The truth is what is happening to China is not unique. Japan also faced the same treatment in the hands of America in 1980s, when their economy got big enough to challenge US. Japan has slumped ever since.

When you talk about technology sharing by US. The only technology that makes sense guarding is the semi conductor chips & display fabs. We are already in the process of receiving these tech from Taiwan. It is the lack of their production in India that forces us to import them from China. That reality is going to change in few years.

I just tell you one thing. The tide is on our favor. You don't need to suck up to the Chinese, it's borderline embarassing to read your posts.
@jai jaganath is a Chinese simp

Hari Sud

Country flag
Why is China belligerent and can it be contained?

China is a big manufacturing country built up by America from 1995 till 2014 with $2 trillion in FDI and tax free imports to counter Russia. For 30 years, Europe, Japan and Taiwan came together to invest and built China up.

China is now the World’s factory with a huge manufacturing base and low quality products which are cheap. Its $3.5 trillion export has given it an edge over many other countries. Profits generated by companies with manufacturing in China have hooked the Wall Street to it. And right now, we have no way out.

All this has made China belligerent and menacing at first its neighbours, including India, Taiwan and Japan. As of last year, the Chinese are ready for a military confrontation with the United States (its main benefactor). The issue as usual is Taiwan. In last two months it is shaking hands with Russia for confrontation in Europe over Ukraine, which complicates the issue.

How should China be contained?

US can beat back a Chinese invasion of Taiwan. There are no two thoughts about it. China will lose 2/3 of its Navy and 1/3 of its military bases opposite Taiwan, from where the invasion force began.

In turn, China will inflict severe damage on the US Pacific fleet. These damages can include the deaths of a few thousand American navy personnel, the loss of ships and aircraft carriers.

The Chinese have no hesitation in losing if they win. On the other hand American losses will overturn the US government, it may even replace it. This scenario is unacceptable to Americans. So what is the alternative?

Before discussing alternatives, let us talk about Chinese assistance to Russia in the war in Ukraine. If that happens as diplomats say, then the Russians will help the Chinese in their Pacific War (Korea War scenario).

The alternative to the Pacific war scenario is to cut the Chinese economic power. Its economic power is its exports and manufacturing. The West can easily cut back on imports and place the manufacturing orders elsewhere. Gradual reduction in imports over 5 years will inflict a grave economic chaos in China than military confrontation. It will force a cutback in military spending, hence their belligerence. It may even force a regime change.

The West never thinks of economic warfare with China to force peace. It only talks about the military build up and military bases around to force Chinese confrontation. Economic war will be a much better alternative.

jai jaganath

Country flag

I am not sucking china
What I am saying is the above point(1st para) was a good intro for globalization but right now world is deglobalizing that is the West is no more interested in setting up plants in other countries that is they will maintain status quo wrt China continuing their business but expanding
If they want to expand then they will now prefer their countries as they are no more interested in creating another China
But if they really want to go for setting up plants in other countries then SEA is destination
Coming to fdi part pls do search more about it and how much of is it for manufacturing and setting up plants

BhumiPutra627

I am not sucking china
What I am saying is the above point(1st para) was a good intro for globalization but right now world is deglobalizing that is the West is no more interested in setting up plants in other countries that is they will maintain status quo wrt China continuing their business but expanding
If they want to expand then they will now prefer their countries as they are no more interested in creating another China
But if they really want to go for setting up plants in other countries then SEA is destination
Coming to fdi part pls do search more about it and how much of is it for manufacturing and setting up plants
The West is not interested in globalisation.

Stupidest argument I have ever read. The world doesn't run on mere interest of globalisation. It runs on profits. And profits & gross margins on high tech sector is lowest among all other sector.

Foxconn & Apple are not doing us a favor by building plants in India. They have to lower their production cost to maintain profitability.

China with its ageing population, increasing production cost & heavy non performing dept does not provide a suitable proposition for investment. And America has already past that stage.

Its better if you watch the video I just shared, to understand the problem with the Chinese economy. And read the Indian Economy thread to follow the investments in the manufacturing sector

Instead simping over post of CCP agents.

BhumiPutra627

@jai jaganath I still remember you made your 1st post during East Ladkah conflict. Since the very beginning you have been simping over CCP.

Got banned for some time for abusing Indian Generals.

It's already an up hill task countering CCP agents in this forum. Many members have been doing that for a long time.

It's an additional task teaching blackpilled China simps the basics of economy. Do us a favor stfu & just read if you don't have anything productive to offer.

jai jaganath

Country flag
The West is not interested in globalisation.

Stupidest argument. The world doesn't run on mere interest of globalisation. It runs on profits.

And profits & gross margins on high tech sector is lowest among all other sector.

Foxconn & Apple are not doing us a favor by building plants in India. They have to lower their production cost to maintain profitability.

China with its ageing population, increasing production cost & heavy non performing dept does provide a suitable proposition for investment. And America has already past that stage.

Its better if you watch the video I just shared, to understand the problem with current problems with the Chinese economy.

And read the Indian Economy thread to follow the new investments in the manufacturing sector

Instead simping over post of CCP agents.
I have been in this forum from 2019 and especially economy thread
This is my 2nd ID
Dealing with womaos from 2018
U haven't understood the concept of deglobalization
U r speaking about profit and losses that a 10th economics ncert book contains
Bcoz that's basic
Currently the most profitable thing is security their profits have lead to their destruction overall undermining the main profit of being powerful
It lead to creation of an evil which will definitely break their influence
And that's my friend is loss
They have understood and acting on real profit that is self sustained growth and exert the present influence and containing China but not by creating another China
Apple and Foxconn are just assembling as their demands are increasing and its profitable but not influentially harmful while parts coming from China and Vietnam
These are just assembly plants nothing else

Blademaster

I have been in this forum from 2019 and especially economy thread
This is my 2nd ID
Dealing with womaos from 2018
U haven't understood the concept of deglobalization
U r speaking about profit and losses that a 10th economics ncert book contains
Bcoz that's basic
Currently the most profitable thing is security their profits have lead to their destruction overall undermining the main profit of being powerful
It lead to creation of an evil which will definitely break their influence
And that's my friend is loss
They have understood and acting on real profit that is self sustained growth and exert the present influence and containing China but not by creating another China
Apple and Foxconn are just assembling as their demands are increasing and its profitable but not influentially harmful while parts coming from China and Vietnam
These are just assembly plants nothing else
They are testing the water first to see if India is suitable for more investments. There's a reason why they are making billions of dollars and they didn't get there by being stupid. They have to do risk assessments to see whether India is fully capable of rising up to the challenge. Once India does, more investments will follow.

jai jaganath

Country flag
@jai jaganath I still remember you made your 1st post during East Ladkah conflict. Since the very beginning you have been simping over CCP.

Got banned for some time for abusing Indian Generals.

It's already an up hill task countering CCP agents in this forum. Many members have been doing that for a long time.

It's an additional task teaching blackpilled China simps the basics of economy. Do us a favor stfu & just read if you don't have anything productive to offer.
I got banned for being hyper in pics related matters and I have learnt that lesson and barely speak about it if anyone else speaks
I have always stopped when mods have warned
Coming to Indian generals many of them have same view as me and better not to speak atleast in this thread

Blademaster

I got banned for being hyper in pics related matters and I have learnt that lesson and barely speak about it if anyone else speaks
I have always stopped when mods have warned
Coming to Indian generals many of them have same view as me and better not to speak atleast in this thread
Your story keeps changing by the minute. :rofl:

jai jaganath

Country flag
Is this also just an assembly plant ?

Samsung's display arm begins production of mobile display panels in Noida

Your not dealing with womaos. We are the ones dealing with China simpls like you.

It was great you got banned. The mods went light on you that time.

I just don't have time to waste on you, you have the resources in this thread & The internet is a free space, do your research.
This is not at all the scale of what in China Korea and Vietnam
Yes they have started due to PLI again from your article the author isn't sure how much localized parts will be used as it's a very complex part
It's just a start and no way to compare with their plants
U were speaking about apple and Foxconn right ?
Coming to my ban if haven't broken any rules discussing Chinese economy on its thread

jai jaganath

Country flag
Your story keeps changing by the minute. :rofl:
Yeah multiple reasons exists as it was done twice once they couldn't retrieve my ID and even in this I'd I got banned I got my explanation too and I am controlling over it
Moreover I haven't brokenany rule nor gaslighted as discussing was going on

Blademaster

Yeah multiple reasons exists as it was done twice once they couldn't retrieve my ID and even in this I'd I got banned I got my explanation too and I am controlling over it
I know you don't want to be an echo chamber but take it easy with the chinese posts. You should display more objectivity and call out inconsistencies on the chinese part as well to avoid the appearance of being a chinese simp and therefore avoid needless conflict with other DFI members.

BhumiPutra627

Lol Womao simp. Got banned 2 twice for simping over China.

Indias electronics exports have been growing at 40-50 % monthly. And also electronics attract higest amount of foreign investment in India.

At this rate India can catch up to its South East Asian counter parts really fast. Your baseless black pilling has no point to prove here.

jai jaganath

Country flag
I know you don't want to be an echo chamber but take it easy with the chinese posts. You should display more objectivity and call out inconsistencies on the chinese part as well to avoid the appearance of being a chinese simp and therefore avoid needless conflict with other DFI members.
See I write what I understand and what u can defend
Point is no one notices when I fight womaos regarding other issues but when I say that unnecessarily hoping to counter Chinese post doesn't change the reality they are better than us accept it then move on and make ourselves better
U will find many members of Indian economy don't come here bcoz there is no point we haven't reached there to compete them but we have to grow and grow fast
Acceptance is necessary same with our military
That's it I am stopping here for few hours

jai jaganath

Country flag

Indias electronics exports have been growing at 40-50 % monthly. And also electronics attract higest amount of foreign investment in India.

At this rate India can catch up to its South East Asian counter parts really fast. Your baseless black pilling has no point to prove here.
In same manner our electronic imports are increasing too
That's indicates what we are badgering made in India is basically assembled from China or Vietnam
I am leaving this here its upto u whether u check or not

Blademaster

Let's take it easy bro. Just keep rebutting the Chinese posters with facts and analysis that we can stand on. Let jal jaganath prove his worth.

BhumiPutra627

In same manner our electronic imports are increasing too
That's indicates what we are badgering made in India is basically assembled from China or Vietnam
The imports have increased because the semiconductor chips are not being manufactured in India.

Government has already approved them under India Semiconductor Mission & plants are about to get set up. Import substitution doesn't happen over night. Your argument has already been countered & addessed.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles