China Economy: News & Discussion

rockdog

Country flag
True!

A lot of neighborhoods and gated communities in subtropical Hong Kong and Guangzhou are connected by AC crosswalks to malls and shopping centers. You could go weeks without leaving AC areas!

Guangzhou subway malls!
Guangzhou, Shanghai have the local law that during the summer time, the temp shouldn't below 24C to save the Engery. But for Hong Kong and Singapore, they made temp always 20-21C, for their employees to dress nice suite.

This is the gap between $25,000 per GDP and $60,000;

srevster

Country flag

Concard

Country flag
I think people who insist on bringing in Indian economic stats in the Chinese economy thread are very foolish ;)

For example, India is a very hot subtropical nation. China is temperate nation with four seasons and bitterly cold winters in the northern half.

Yet, China buys many times the number of air conditioners than in the rest of Asia -- India is just one of many anonymous countries who together can only afford a small faction of what China could buy:

View attachment 197338

It is not taste (or need in the case of air conditioning) but the issue of wealth and income.
If this doesn't show you are stupid I don't know what will. Doesn't sales of air conditioners depend on weather of a particular region? India has 2 hot months that is March and April. And not all of India is hot during summer. So most of them use fans to dissipate heat which does the job. Only businesses, Malls, office spaces use AC's in big numbers. Yes, the rich ones too use AC's. But why would Indian middle class use AC's when the overhead fans can do the job just as well? In my city of birth there were not even fans in 1990's as the weather never crossed above 30C. Now I see fans but few AC's here and there.

If you want to see things in black and white then sure go ahead if that's what makes you happy. My head hurts debating with you. You simply throw around random topics without context and random stats without context.

srevster

Country flag
If this doesn't show you are stupid I don't know what will. Doesn't sales of air conditioners depend on weather of a particular region? India has 2 hot months that is March and April. And not all of India is hot during summer. So most of them use fans to dissipate heat which does the job. Only businesses, Malls, office spaces use AC's in big numbers. Yes, the rich ones too use AC's. But why would Indian middle class use AC's when the overhead fans can do the job just as well? In my city of birth there were not even fans in 1990's as the weather never crossed above 30C. Now I see fans but few AC's here and there.

If you want to see things in black and white then sure go ahead if that's what makes you happy. My head hurts debating with you. You simply throw around random topics without context and random stats without context.
The best medicine is to return the favor

SexyChineseLady

Actually, it makes no sense to bring up India economics in this thread at all. The numbers are not comparable in any measure ;)

Blademaster

That ccpCHATgpt little pink bot has put me in ignore from the day I started exposing em for posting links without knowing the context.
That bot seesaws the data in PPP and Nominal by its own comfort.

We should do same and put that paid CCP little pink maggot into ignore list because we aren't getting paid for wasting time by replying to him.
Take it easy on her/him. She is one of the few that posts news bits about China and what is going on. That in itself is valuable to DFI. Don't drive her away. Let her post the news items and photos so we can apprise ourselves of what's happening in China and not be in an echo room.

Blademaster

Only in March and April??? Man May & June were the worst for me in Delhi. It was like being in an oven during that time in Delhi.

syuura

Country flag
Just want to make a clarification as there seems to be a misunderstanding on what arable land is, per wiki:

Arable land is the land under temporary agricultural crops. Data for 'Arable land' are not meant to indicate the amount of land that is potentially cultivable.

Having the most arable land just means the most land being used for agricultural purposes, which makes sense in India's case as most people rurally are subsistence farmers.

srevster

Country flag
China "reopening" is going so good and China is "back in business" so well that local governments are providing upto ~22k USD discount on new vehicles to spur sales....

Well..... that's rebound with Chinese characterstics....

View attachment 197357
So the state is essentially paying itself since it owns large portion of these companies. Isn’t that just washing funds to boost valuation? Lots of other countries would jail the execs for doing this.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles