China Economy: News & Discussion

Cheepek

Lol wumao make them understand, not me

My understanding is pretty simple, Wuhan's local government is finding it really hard to maintain fiscal prudence, hence the axe has fallen on medical insurance for the elderly.

To prove me wrong, all you have to do is show me where the benefits of medical insurance have increased to compensate for the reduction in disbursements.
Alleged health "reform" 👇

rockdog

Country flag
HESAI Lidar now is almost the same position as DJI in Lidar area, and Chinese government put Lidar tech to export ban list. My friend just invested it from Nasdaq.

Lidar is the key component of EV industry, but also crucial in military application.

Hesai Wins Top Rankings in the Global Market Revealed by Yole Group's 2022 LiDAR Industry Report

003.jpg

China plans to add seven new items to its Catalogue of Technologies Prohibited or Restricted from Export, including solar tech

SexyChineseLady

HESAI Lidar now is almost the same position as DJI in Lidar area, and Chinese government put Lidar tech to export ban list. My friend just invested it from Nasdaq.

Lidar is the key component of EV industry, but also crucial in military application.

Hesai Wins Top Rankings in the Global Market Revealed by Yole Group's 2022 LiDAR Industry Report

View attachment 193722

China plans to add seven new items to its Catalogue of Technologies Prohibited or Restricted from Export, including solar tech

:D (And we are not mentioning HSR, new nuclear power plants and pharmaceutical APIs)

SexyChineseLady

China is opening up a wide gap with South Korea which was the only global competitor left in shipbuilding.

The last big hurdle was LNG tankers. Korea had 95% of those orders just three years ago. But the big difference is China now produces Invar alloy on which LNG tankers are dependent while South Korea needs to import that from France:

Cheepek

jadoogar

Country flag
Exports

Boosting consumption!

According to cnn.com (google search for cheen gdp 2022), Cheen GDP for 2022 was USD 17.4 trillion

That is USD 12400 per capita, 2022
And all that they can hand out is $6 per month to a part of the population :rofl:

SexyChineseLady

This is not new and has been happening for a decade. Wages in China are MUCH higher than most countries in Asia (barring Japan, SoKo and RoC.)

D474073F-1234-47DC-85F5-2EF1D6123B49.jpeg

rockdog

Country flag
According to cnn.com (google search for cheen gdp 2022), Cheen GDP for 2022 was USD 17.4 trillion

That is USD 12400 per capita, 2022
And all that they can hand out is $6 per month to a part of the population :rofl:
There are so many different subsidies from different departments from city, province, nation level.

The most absurd one is, there are B**f & mutton allowance for our muslim people:

At county level, each muslim gets 100RMB = ¥USD17 to buy B**f & mutton.

Imagine if this policy applies in India...

rockdog

Country flag
MIT article: How did China come to dominate the world of electric cars?

From generous government subsidies to support for lithium batteries, here are the keys to understanding how China managed to build a world-leading industry in electric vehicles.

... ...

KurtisBrian

Country flag
1677296512529.png

EU (mostly Germans) doing better than in the early 2000's. Perhaps they sell less but at even higher prices and margins.
That is good for the rich and other well paid or rewarded servants of the Empire.

Shuturmurg

Country flag
View attachment 194887

EU (mostly Germans) doing better than in the early 2000's. Perhaps they sell less but at even higher prices and margins.
That is good for the rich and other well paid or rewarded servants of the Empire.
They peaked in 2014, and its been a decline since (Other than the normal post covid recovery). Also, with move towards EV's, china is going to eat their lunch.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles