China Economy: News & Discussion

IndianHawk

Country flag
Now disgusting chinkies are spreading hantavirus. Which spreads from eating rats. One man already dead in China.
These Chinese won't stop untill the whole humanity is dead . Sars , Corona , hanta ?? How many more virus funking chinki will spread??
China is a curse on Earth .

IndianHawk

Country flag
No one forces your thinking, just like British thought Indian need to be their colony slavers forever, but reality will tell.
Just like the mao and ccp thinks that average Chinese is a disgusting slave . We have kicked the British , ccp is still slaving Chinese and have killed millions of Chinese like pathetic cockroaches and yet mindless slaves like you worship those who kill Chinese by the millions. Lol

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
China hiding COVID-19 death toll? 21 million cell phones disappeared, why?
  • 21 million cell phone accounts in China were cancelled after coronavirus
  • 840,000 landlines were closed in China
  • This sudden drop suggests a very high Coronavirus death toll
By Bhaswati Guha Majumder
March 24, 2020 00:22 +08

Since the outbreak of Novel Coronavirus which emerged in China's Wuhan, the pandemic has killed 15,374 people globally and infected 351,731 individuals. Recently the death toll in Italy surpassed the initial epicentre of the outbreak in China, where officially 3,153 people have died due to the COVID-19.

But recently Beijing authorities announced on March 19 that more than 21 million cell phone accounts were cancelled while in past three months 840,000 landlines were closed in China, which gives an idea that probably these closed numbers belonged to the people who died due to the disease.

Tang Jingyuan, a US-based China Affairs commentator told The Epoch Times on March 21:

"The digitization level is very high in China. People can't survive without a cell phone. Dealing with the government for pensions and social security, buying train tickets, shopping... no matter what people want to do, they are required to use cell phones.

"The Chinese regime requires all Chinese use their cell phones to generate a health code. Only with a green health code are Chinese allowed to move in China now.

"It's impossible for a person to cancel his cell phone."

A woman holding her iPhone device Reuters
China telecom stats

The Chinese authority introduced mandatory facial scans on December 1, 2019, to confirm the identity of the person who registered the phone. The people in China also have to sync their bank accounts and social security account with their cell phone as all the apps can detect the SIM card and then check with the database to make sure the number belongs to the person.

In China, it is mandatory to install a cell phone app and register their personal health information. The app can generate a QR code which is possible in three colours to classify a person's health condition. In this case, red means the person has an infectious disease, while yellow and green represent the possibility of infectious disease and no sign of such illness respectively.

Beijing claimed that the health code has helped China to prevent the spread of Coronavirus in the country where 81,496 people got infected by the COVID-19.

Picture for representation Reuters
What about 21 million cell phone accounts?

On March 19, China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) announced the numbers of cell phone users in every province in February. When these numbers are compared to the December 2019 data, it revealed that both cell phone users and landline users dropped dramatically.

The comparison showed that the number of cell phone users decreased from 1.600957 billion to 1.579927 billion, while landline users dropped from 190.83 million to 189.99 million.

It is possible that the nationwide lockdown in February was the reason behind the drop in the numbers of landline users as many companies were shut down, the quarantine scenario can't be a reason behind the drop in the cell phone users.

It should be noted that as per the reports China Telecom is the second-largest carrier which has lost 5.6 million users in February 2020 and lost 0.43 million users in January 2020. China Unicom also lost 1.186 million users in January 2020.

While the drop in these numbers showed a dramatic scenario in China, Tang said, "It's possible that some migrant workers had two cell phone numbers before. One is from their hometown, and the other is from the city they work in. In February, they might close the number in the city they work in because they couldn't go there."

It is possible that these workers may have gone to their home city for the Chinese New Year and after the travel ban, they did not get a chance to come back to China. It should be noted that in China there is a basic monthly fee to hold a cell phone account and the majority of migrant workers, who belong to the lowest income group, likely only have one cell phone account.

The economic downturn caused by the outbreak could have forced the Chinese people, who have two cell phones to cancel one of them.

While explaining the scenario in China, Tang said,"At present, we don't know the details of the data. If only 10 percent of the cell phone accounts were closed because the users died because of the CCP virus [Novel Coronavirus], the death toll would be two million."

https://www.ibtimes.sg/china-hiding-covid-19-death-toll-21-million-cell-phones-disappeared-why-41580

rockdog

Country flag
China hiding COVID-19 death toll? 21 million cell phones disappeared, why?

It's self-explained.

"
While the drop in these numbers showed a dramatic scenario in China, Tang said, "It's possible that some migrant workers had two cell phone numbers before. One is from their hometown, and the other is from the city they work in. In February, they might close the number in the city they work in because they couldn't go there."

It is possible that these workers may have gone to their home city for the Chinese New Year and after the travel ban, they did not get a chance to come back to China. It should be noted that in China there is a basic monthly fee to hold a cell phone account and the majority of migrant workers, who belong to the lowest income group, likely only have one cell phone account.

The economic downturn caused by the outbreak could have forced the Chinese people, who have two cell phones to cancel one of them.
"

In the mean time, China are hiding birth rate maybe the young and kids are twice more than the data, so China is very young on average age, since:

Chinese Online Services More Popular than Ever Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
https://en.pingwest.com/a/5635

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
China is the only country in the world that is very unique - they can fake any statistic they want.

It doesn't matter if the number is the count of dead COVID-19 virus victims, or the GDP, or the export numbers, or the number of Muslims detained in Xin Jiang !!
Every number can be faked to satisfy the all powerful government, CCP and Xi Jinping.

The control of government over peoples lives, media, industry and regional government is 100% absolute full control. Even the United Nations head of WHO is afraid of upsetting Chinese leader.

The local party leaders and government officials will cook the books to make the GDP number what Beijing wants.
They will report numbers that make Beijing happy. Everyone in China is afraid of upsetting leadership in Beijing.

If you upset Beijing - then you disappear. Doesn't matter even if you are an old harmless grandfather - you will disappear. Even if you come from a family with strong ties to powerful government official - they can make you disappear forever.

No sane person can ever believe any data coming out of China. China is such a screwed up country.

Last edited:

rockdog

Country flag
China is the only country in the world that is very unique - they can fake any statistic they want.

It doesn't matter if the number is the count of dead COVID-19 virus victims, or the GDP, or the export numbers, or the number of Muslims detained in Xin Jiang !!
Every number can be faked to satisfy the all powerful government, CCP and Xi Jinping.

The control of government over peoples lives, media, industry and regional government is 100% absolute full control. Even the United Nations head of WHO is afraid of upsetting Chinese leader.

The local party leaders and government officials will cook the books to make the GDP number what Beijing wants.
They will report numbers that make Beijing happy. Everyone in China is afraid of upsetting leadership in Beijing.

If you upset Beijing - then you disappear. Doesn't matter even if you are an old harmless grandfather - you will disappear.

No sane person can ever believe any data coming out of China. China is such a screwed up country.
If you said so two months ago, i might also doubt the data and situation in China, even i am currently living in Wuhan, the ground zero of pandemic.

Now the whole Europe and USA are deeply in shitty situation because of millions of mistakes by your gonervments and undisciplined people. Since lack of test kit, i guess the data in USA is 50 times more are hiding.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
If you said so two months ago, i might also doubt the data and situation in China, even i am currently living in Wuhan, the ground zero of pandemic.

Now the whole Europe and USA are deeply in shitty situation because of millions of mistakes by your gonervments and undisciplined people. Since lack of test kit, i guess the data in USA is 50 times more are hiding.
ROCKDOG....Nobody in the US is denying that the actual number of infected people may be 10X higher than the official number. Even the government scientist Dr. Fauci predicts that up to 100,000 people may die in the US. Because there is not enough testing available to confirm the actual number of people who are infected.

But the difference with the US is that everybody knows this - its open knowledge that the number of infected people will be far larger.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
Forget the past deeds or misdeeds. We have no control over that.
But this Corona virus has brought/is bringing a bad bad name to China because of CCP.
While I will continue to respect my Chinese friends. The respect I had for the country has gone down because of their leadership.
This is what I have seen
1) They suppressed the news of the pandemic while not taking adequate care
2) They punished those who tried to do their jobs
3) They were dishonest in the communicating how the virus spreads
4) They used their PR continuously to spin false stories
5) They allowed the virus to spread out of China all over the world
6) They tried to capitalize on this pandemic trying to project their "expertise"
7) They want the world to applaud them for the sickness they have unleashed on it

Man ....I couldn't have said it any better !! I have a lot of very good Chinese friends in the US and even in China, that I respect and like....but I am truly sick of the Chinese government and freaking CCP.

rockdog

Country flag
Man ....I couldn't have said it any better !! I have a lot of very good Chinese friends in the US and even in China, that I respect and like....but I am truly sick of the Chinese government and freaking CCP.
That's the problem, when the data can't be demtermined nicely, fault in USA is blamed as open sociaty, but in China it's blamed to CCP, but the reason from my POV was the same.

CCP did made mistake at the beginning, as a local living in Wuhan, i knew how the CCP and medical system ignored it at the beginning, but it's truely a brand new deadly virus and no one ever expect it, if Trump were head in Wuhan, he would did it worse.

But still, the government lockdown the city and province as early as end of Januaray, and WHO also sent alarm. The 50 millions people isolation is the unique in the world, it made the things under control within 6 weeks.

But the whole EU and USA just ignored it, it's two fxxking months passed. If you comparing what Trump administration did with CCP, i think CCP is even did better. Plus people in Asian are more respectful with government than Western.

PS. i m not CCP member, just a normal business guy.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
That's the problem, when the data can't be demtermined nicely, fault in USA is blamed as open sociaty, but in China it's blamed to CCP, but the reason from my POV was the same.

CCP did made mistake at the beginning, as a local living in Wuhan, i knew how the CCP and medical system ignored it at the beginning, but it's truely a brand new deadly virus and no one ever expect it, if Trump were head in Wuhan, he would did it worse.

But still, the government lockdown the city and province as early as end of Januaray, and WHO also sent alarm. The 50 millions people isolation is the unique in the world, it made the things under control within 6 weeks.

But the whole EU and USA just ignored it, it's two fxxking months passed. If you comparing what Trump administration did with CCP, i think CCP is even did better. Plus people in Asian are more respectful with government than Western.

If CCP handles it better, why am I sitting at home?

indiatester

Country flag

Man... Did we hear any sort of apology from any CCP higher up? Not only have they caused pain in China, their actions are causing pain all over the world.
Then we have CCP trying to gain PR saying their "experts" are helping other countries.

rockdog

Country flag
If CCP handles it better, why am I sitting at home?
If you are in India, i feel sorry about it, Modi did right thing, but he should did so 2 months early.
Wuhan's lockdown gave the alarm to thew world, but nobody really realized how serious it was.
It was less than 1000 case at that time in Wuhan.

Man... Did we hear any sort of apology from any CCP higher up? Not only have they caused pain in China, their actions are causing pain all over the world.
Then we have CCP trying to gain PR saying their "experts" are helping other countries.
Did USA government say so for H1N1 spearding during 2009?

There are also big PR when other nations sent aid to China two months ago, weibo.com was full of thanks for nations from USA, France to India AF's C17.

Craigs

Country flag
If you are in India, i feel sorry about it, Modi did right thing, but he should did so 2 months early.
Wuhan's lockdown gave the alarm to thew world, but nobody really realized how serious it was.

There are also big PR when other nations sent aid to China two months ago, weibo.com was full of thanks for nations from USA, France to India AF's C17.
Countries would have acted if not for CCP hiding facts and the Ethiopian Marxist Party member Tedros misleading.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag

You missed my point. China government did not share the data with the rest of the world until it was totally out of control. They were too busy trying to cover their ass, save face, etc. If they openly shared the data with the rest of the world; the rest of the world would have gotten a 1 month early warning. They even stopped American experts from visiting Wuhan.

The CCP guys are always trying to "control the story" or "trying to shape the narrative". So they didn't want to share anything. All the numbers of the number of dead reported are also BS. I am willing to bet the actual number of dead in China is at least 4 or 5 times higher.

It was only after it hit Italy, and Italy openly share the data with the whole world, all the videos of its hospitals with death rate, that the world realized how contagious this disease is.

This pandemic proves that the CCP and their way of doing business is a threat to the whole world.
Bottom line - You can never trust China in anything

indiatester

Country flag

Sir,

China should have shut down international travel protecting other countries. The other countries should have been given a notice telling them to quarantine travelers coming from China and more details on the disease.
Wuhan's lockdown is not an alarm. It did not prevent the disease from spreading to the world.

Now CCP is trying use clever terms like "imported cases". Implying that the disease originated else where.

Somehow CCP pays more attention to managing the narrative rather than doing good to the people. People be damned, be them Chinese or the the world at large. Your CCP has brought really bad name for China and Chinese.

rockdog

Country flag
I just saw a news report that listed world wide casualties - the number for mainland China 3222.
What utter BS...….they probably divided the number by 10.
The real death toll is surely higher than 3222, me and my doctor friends guess there are 30% people were not counted since they died before tested or sent to the hospital. It's same as Italy and USA, the real number are higher than statistics, but that's mainly because of lack of medical treament.

I am in Wuhan now, all my relatives and tier 1 freinds are alright, but there are friends' friends with casualties, still there are only 2 death cases(I don't know them), if there are 10 times, from statistical perspective the situation must be different.

Again, i don't care you believe it or not, downstairs there are consturction sites are working again and people are on street shopping agian. I really feel amazed the USA government spent three weeks for discussing whehter asking people should wear the mask or not...

微信图片_20200405124300.jpg

微信图片_20200405124255.jpg

rockdog

Country flag
You missed my point. China government did not share the data with the rest of the world until it was totally out of control. They were too busy trying to cover their ass, save face, etc. If they openly shared the data with the rest of the world; the rest of the world would have gotten a 1 month early warning. They even stopped American experts from visiting Wuhan.

The CCP guys are always trying to "control the story" or "trying to shape the narrative". So they didn't want to share anything. All the numbers of the number of dead reported are also BS. I am willing to bet the actual number of dead in China is at least 4 or 5 times higher.

It was only after it hit Italy, and Italy openly share the data with the whole world, all the videos of its hospitals with death rate, that the world realized how contagious this disease is.

This pandemic proves that the CCP and their way of doing business is a threat to the whole world.
Bottom line - You can never trust China in anything
That's the problem you messed up the virus thing in USA now, from my POV the current US government is 10 times imcapapble for handling the virus than CCP.

CCP is as hard as stone, but as local Chinese we know what we should believe, what we need to ignore.

When the government, yes the CCP government asked people stay home we stay home, the places out of Wuhan controlled the situation within 3 weeks (i was in Shanghai then), and Wuhan within 6 weeks.

People believe the government, even it's CCP lead. Did you see any army men on the street with gun? Yes, in EU and USA.

But when 23rd Jan the Wuhan lockdown, did any EU and USA government took it seirously? Don't forget the first death case in USA happended during March, almost 7 weeks after.

One side i am ok to shit the lack of transparency of CCP, but on the other side i think the western are paying the price for their own ignorance.

Check out what they said, if CIA have ability to know there are "10 times of death" in China, why they loss the ability to understand how deadly the virus is...

Craigs

Country flag
That's the problem you messed up the virus thing in USA now, from my POV the current US government is 10 times imcapapble for handling the virus than CCP.

CCP is as hard as stone, but as local Chinese we know what we should believe, what we need to ignore.

When the government, yes the CCP government asked people stay home we stay home, the places out of Wuhan controlled the situation within 3 weeks (i was in Shanghai then), and Wuhan within 6 weeks.

People believe the government, even it's CCP lead. Did you see any army men on the street with gun? Yes, in EU and USA.

But when 23rd Jan the Wuhan lockdown, did any EU and USA government took it seirously? Don't forget the first death case in USA happended during March, almost 7 weeks after.

One side i am ok to shit the lack of transparency of CCP, but on the other side i think the western are paying the price for their own ignorance.

Check out what they said, if CIA have ability to know there are "10 times of death" in China, why they loss the ability to understand how deadly the virus is...

Nobody lost anything - those countries that restricted/banned flights from/to China had a remarkably low infection rate e.g. Taiwan. Those that did not suffered badly. Italy suffered the most with their "hug a chinese" campaign and from there it spread to rest of Europe and then Americas. You are right Italy and Europe was utterly stupid "hug a chinese"!!!!! - Idiots, they should have tried something else. I think from now on China will lose a lot of support in Europe and they will be restoring travel restrictions in place before the globalization took hold - we will see. World will be a much more different place from now on.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles