China delivers warship to Pakistan: navy

Country flag
Three ATV's will be built to dominate Indian Ocean, it affects Pakistan aswell...not only China.
Indian navy would not use ATV against Pakistan, they would most likely stick with the diesel-electric subs Akula or scorpenes, high ranking Indian officials have said ATV was designed specifically with China in mind.

Neo

this is good to keep the balance one friggate for one sub looks like the Chinese have run out of things.
No, they're not out of toyes nor are we out of options. F-22P is first step to build a blue water navy, we're looking into Type 54 now. And ofcourse there willbe more subs and a nuclear sub of our own within a decade.

Country flag
No, they're not out of toyes nor are we out of options. F-22P is first step to build a blue water navy, we're looking into Type 54 now. And ofcourse there willbe more subs and a nuclear sub of our own within a decade.
the reply was for the Chinese who want to maintain bad relations in the sub continent and fuel the arms race, Pakistan will do what it has to, but Indian focus is starting to change from being Pakistan specific to more China specific, the chinese realize this and are doing the things they always done, this will also shift Indian policy towards a more US favored policy so both can work together to contain China.

Neo

it is a reversed engineered copy of probably an old russian frigate and uproven frigate with tier 3 weapons to make pakistan happy after ATV launch:Laie_46:
You mean we used a crystal ball back in 2005 to check Indian schedules so we could have a simultanious launch? Wow...didn't know that!

Btw, ATV resembles old Russian design...from top to toe. Talk about reverse engineering :)

Vikramaditya

Country flag
With few F-22p you want pn blue water navy,you need a sleep now.
Good night sweet dream,i think you are already sleeping..........

Country flag
Three ATV's will be built to dominate Indian Ocean, it affects Pakistan aswell...not only China.
10 new subs will be built over the decade, how many ATV nuclear subs i am not sure?? But atleast 4 have been mentioned.

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
You mean we used a crystal ball back in 2005 to check Indian schedules so we could have a simultanious launch? Wow...didn't know that!

Btw, ATV resembles old Russian design...from top to toe. Talk about reverse engineering :)
I don't know about the schedule of the F-22 but can you tell me where have you see the pic of the ATV?As far as i know none have been released so it could look like anything.

Country flag
Neo PN is still a long way from being a blue water navy, this is a first small step but nowhere close to becoming a blue water navy, even India and China are not blue water navies(yet) the Chinese are upgrading their whole navy to try to get there but it will take many years and still not come close to USA or other true blue water navies.

Neo

Read up on F-22P. It has Russian 76mm gun. Pak Navy doesn't trust 100mm Chinese gun on this Frigate. The same goes for SAM and other missiles. China reverse engineered French Crotale and named it HQ-7.
And your point is?
India has a habit of replacing many russian systems by Israeli soft and hardwere. Some of them are copied from US. Pakistan will go for the best avaiable option which in this case seems to be Russian.

Vikramaditya

Country flag
Hi neo, who is hamid ??????????
I was watching some of his video, that guy is telling that in 5 year pak will be sitting in moon and pak rule the world in just 5 year.....
Are you guys serious,you really mean what you say.........

Vikramaditya

Country flag
that to as superpower,never look as simple when i look your economy....sorry to say but...

Country flag
And your point is?
India has a habit of replacing many russian systems by Israeli soft and hardwere. Some of them are copied from US. Pakistan will go for the best avaiable option which in this case seems to be Russian.
If Pakistan is happy buying Chinese weapons i will not debate it.

Neo

With few F-22p you want pn blue water navy,you need a sleep now.
Good night sweet dream,i think you are already sleeping..........
Ignored...isn't it past your bed time?
is mom asleep?

Neo

I don't know about the schedule of the F-22 but can you tell me where have you see the pic of the ATV?As far as i know none have been released so it could look like anything.
BBC aired a documentary some time ago with animated models. There was reference to old Russian subs.

shotgunner

A Japanese appreciating a Chinese. Since when they have good relation.Anyhow i feel u r neither jap or chinese u r something else (coz u never apprieciate India in any of ur reply). u know wat i mean.Anyhow keep up the good work.:japan::japan:
What's wrong with a Japanese appreciating a Chinese?

Also mind your use of word, it's "Japanese", no short form of it in civilised world.

Country flag
the Hull design on the ATV is different from most other nuclear subs and the PWR were both Indigenous, some people say it is similar to the Borei and some say the Charlie but it will remain a mystery until someone can get a good picture??

Neo

Neo PN is still a long way from being a blue water navy, this is a first small step but nowhere close to becoming a blue water navy, even India and China are not blue water navies(yet) the Chinese are upgrading their whole navy to try to get there but it will take many years and still not come close to USA or other true blue water navies.
I didn't claim us to be a blue water navy, but F-22P and 3 German/French subs are the very first step in that direction. It will take another decade or two to build and induct 50-60 new ships in order to counter Indians domination of the Indian Ocean.

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
Animated models aren't good enough dude.Without any pics or specs released no-one can tell what the ATV looks like or what it's capabilities are.
I'm sure it'll be better than an old Russian sub but that's just me speculating.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles