China among top five arms exporters, India top buyer

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Your comments on Pakistan are to be expected from an Indian, but Lockheed Martin, Boeing and a myriad of western and Chinese defense companies don't seem to mind your perceived "beggar" status of that county.
They don't mind it because in capitalist America a dollar is a dollar. And they don't care that they are being paid by the US Government to give their hardware to Pakis rather than Pakis paying themselves.

You are right that this is a serious defense forum, you 50 centers go back to PDF and troll the unsuspecting people over there.

J20!

Country flag
They buy/beg knockoff Chinese crap in bulk to ramp up numbers and intimidate the enemy and quality American hardware in limited numbers for actual use. :pound:
Well, Iraq and Iran which have been using said "knockoff Chinese crap" don't seem to mind using said tech effectively in ACTUAL warfare:

That's a complex system involving datalinks, visual sensors, targetting data and accurate air-to-surface missiles achieving proven target kills in combat.

Let me know when India can produce and export something similar and maybe your jibes won't reek of jealousy and petty nationalism.

J20!

Country flag
They don't mind it because in capitalist America a dollar is a dollar. And they don't care that they are being paid by the US Government to give their hardware to Pakis rather than Pakis paying themselves.

You are right that this is a serious defense forum, you 50 centers go back to PDF and troll the unsuspecting people over there.
1. Being of Chinese origin doesn't make me a troll.

2. IF you re-read this thread from a neutral stand-point, it would be obvious who is trying to derail it with pointless off-topic rants about Pakistan because they won't accept the factual basis of the thread.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Well, Iraq and Iran which have been using said "knockoff Chinese crap" don't seem to mind using said tech effectively in ACTUAL warfare:

That's a complex system involving datalinks, visual sensors, targetting data and accurate air-to-surface missiles achieving proven target kills in combat.

Let me know when India can produce and export something similar and maybe your jibes won't reek of jealousy and petty nationalism.
Indian arms industry has a long way to catch up, no arguments there. Iraq = failed state in desperate need of weapons. Iran = crippled by Western sanctions. Nobody who can afford better quality buys Chinese junk, admit it.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
1. Being of Chinese origin doesn't make me a troll.
Most Chinese on defense forums are vicious anti Indian trolls. I like you guys in real life, the internet seems to bring out the worst of you.

who is trying to derail it with pointless off-topic rants about Pakistan
You said Pakis are your customers, we said they are a failed state. Then you started arguing otherwise because all of you people have bees in your bonnets when it comes to your sweeter than honey friendship with Pakis.

Krusty

Country flag
Indian arms industry has a long way to catch up, no arguments there. Iraq = failed state in desperate need of weapons. Iran = crippled by Western sanctions. Nobody who can afford better quality buys Chinese junk, admit it.
The Chinese themselves don't want it or know their platforms are inferior. Why buy SU35 when they have their fifth gen fighter ready? Why buy s400 when they have their HQ9?? China stood first in line as soon as these platforms were cleared for foreign sales by russia

armyofhind

Country flag
are being deemed capable by the defense departments and defense ministries of an ever-growing list of countries.
That ever growing list of countries constitutes those nations who either dont have the buying capacity for purchasing American/Russian weapon systems, or have been denied access to the same.

Your comments on Pakistan are to be expected from an Indian, but Lockheed Martin, Boeing and a myriad of western and Chinese defense companies don't seem to mind your perceived "beggar" status of that county.
My comments are expected because its fact. Check the figures on the American aid to Pakistan down the years.

Also check the figures for the Pakistani economy. If you're a good fifty center like the chinese are supposed to be, you'll be able to figure it out that Pakistan doesnt have the buying capacity to purchase those weapons.

There is nothing perceived about the beggar status of Pakistan. It is bare for all to see in the facts.

YOUR support of Pakistan is expected as that is your politburo line. To support pakistan in its terrorism exports to India and try and foment trouble in India's northeast.
As a dedicated tail wagging commie that you are,devoid of any free will, you're only expected to follow the party line. Thats how you've been bred since childhood.

If you're so confident about the bitch-ass quality of chinese weapons, wait for the next Indo-Pak war which might come soon enough. You shall see how the Junk Fighter-17 is shot to shit by the IAF.

J20!

Country flag
Nonsense

The Iraqi govt is a failed state with exclusive access to the American defense industry since they are basically an American proxy.

Thailand just signed a deal for AIP submarines with China. Can't they afford scorpenes or German subs?

Uzbekistan fields the HQ9 SAM system.

Algeria is one of the richest states in Africa, yet they just procured pricey Frigates from Chinese shipyards over DCNS bids.

Saudi Arabia and Qatar can afford any weapons system available on the market.

I don't understand your premise. Just because one product is European, and the other in Chinese you believe the Chinese item in inherently inferior. With a mind-set like that, no wonder your armed forces are always haggling for foreign imports.

SexyChineseLady

Indians seem to be very angry about Chinese "copying" white people and are insulting other nations who are actually wealthier and ranked higher on the Human Development Index than India as "failed" states because they buy from Chinese instead of from whites.

Sorry, I feel this is very weird. Since Indians are obviously not whites and yet they worry about China "copying" from whites who are not worried at all and are selling engines to China for the JF-17.

You know, no Chinese will be here if you had not put up a China focus section. I never go to any Indian thread. So if you get rid of the China section you won't see me here.

And I've been in many forums, Chinese almost always ignore Indians threads unless Indian put China threads like in this forum.

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
That ever growing list of countries constitutes those nations who either dont have the buying capacity for purchasing American/Russian weapon systems, or have been denied access to the same..
And why exactly are "American/Russian weapon systems" the only acceptable quality weapons on earth?

You guys have a serious inferiority complex.

We can all agree that the US and Russia have been lobbying hard to sell a plethora of military systems to the Gulf States.

Those are Saudi and Kuwaiti PLZ-45 self-propelled artillery unit produced by NORINCO, a Chinese company. But I'm sure the Saudi's didn't have any other options since they "dont have the buying capacity for purchasing American/Russian weapon systems, or have been denied access to the same.." Phuuuuleeeeeeeeeez!

Bahrain just took delivery of SR-5 MLRS systems from NORINCO.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/17...Launch_Rocket_Systems_To_Bahrain#.WBNREPl94qQ

The UAE, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Jordan et al have all been buying and operating different iterations of Chinese drones, ie Wing Long and CH5.

You're trying to build a false premise that falls flat when faced with actual defense procurement from countries you claim "don't have the budget for American systems" yet are some of America's biggest weapons customers.

WRT to Pakistan, nothing I say to any Indian will ever change your opinion on the matter; I learnt that pretty quick on this forum, so you can discuss Pakistan by yourself.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
They buy/beg knockoff Chinese crap in bulk to ramp up numbers and intimidate the enemy and quality American hardware in limited numbers for actual use. :pound:

Pakis used to buy second hand British warships and beg US to upgrade it. This is how they fought in 1971 :lol:

Now they don't have the budget even to buy second hand stuff so they have no option to have cheap inferior Chinese weapons mostly for show off.

SexyChineseLady

Basically for Indians, it seems even the wealthiest non-white nations (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait) are poor and "failed"!

Do Indians consider yourself better? It is stupid to be racist against the Gulf States that employ millions of Indians working as manual laborers at the lowest rung of those societies to send money back to India.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Pakis used to buy second hand British warships and beg US to upgrade it. This is how they fought in 1971 :lol:

Now they don't have the budget even to buy second hand stuff so they have no option to have cheap inferior Chinese weapons mostly for show off.
Most of the f-16's they operate or they m113's are used ones

J20!

Country flag
Most Chinese on defense forums are vicious anti Indian trolls. I like you guys in real life, the internet seems to bring out the worst of you.
Anti-Indian trolls? I think you have that in reverse. Indian hate for Chinese people is only surpassed by their hate for Pakistanis. Because I am Chinese, I'm automatically a "Chi-bot", or a "50 center". I've been on this forum for a long time, you get used to these things.

You said Pakis are your customers, we said they are a failed state. Then you started arguing otherwise because all of you people have bees in your bonnets when it comes to your sweeter than honey friendship with Pakis.
Again with the biases, profiling and stereotyping. I am an individual. Because I'm Chinese does not imply that I have a natural "friendship" with Pakistanis. My ethnicity doesn't dictate my feelings towards certain countries or peoples. Try getting that through your skull..

I said Pakistan is an export destination for many Chinese defense systems. That is a fact. Pakistan is a customer like any other customer. Fact. Pakistan buys defense equipment from many other established defense exporting countries. France, USA, Russia, Germany, Sweden etc. That is a fact
So what? We shouldn't count weapons exports to Pakistan because Indians hate them? Get over yourselves.

Last edited:

SexyChineseLady

Indians really should remove all Chinese threads from their forums. It is stupid to have them when Chinese members are insulted for speaking their opinion. It makes it seem like these are not true discussions but just sour grapes sessions for Indians to make up the most bizzare excuses to salve their jealousies.

J20!

Country flag

I'd point out that the IN used "second hand" British warships too or that it's currently operating a de-armed "second hand " ex-US navy LPD, but you seem to be immune to the irony of your own comments.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
I'd point out that the IN used "second hand" British warships too or that it's currently operating a de-armed "second hand " ex-US navy LPD, but hey...
The difference is that we never beg US to upgrade that for us in return of fighting their proxy wars and renting our territory to US forces. We purchased with our own money.

Educate yourself about CENTO

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles