China among top five arms exporters, India top buyer

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Yes, the world largest democracy win over a country suffering from civil war and tribe, religious conflicts. What an achievement!

Yes. The world largest (non) democracy selling low cost inferior weapons to countries suffering from civil war, religious conflicts, failed states.

That's an achievement.

SexyChineseLady

Yes. The world largest (non) democracy selling low cost inferior weapons to countries suffering from civil war, religious conflicts, failed states.

That's an achievement.
Yes, any weapons sold by a non-white nation like China is a great achievement.

You just have to look at the list of exporters to see how dominant white people are in technology that kills people. It is EXTREMELY hard to break into this club. Even the poorest nations mainly import stuff that kills people from whites.

So unless you are white, you cannot look down on the single non-white major weapons exporter in the world.

SexyChineseLady

Btw, the list of countries that had imported from China includes many with higher per capita income than India:

Albania
Argentina
Algeria
Saudi Arabia
Kuwait
Egypt
Morocco
Ecuador
Venezuela
Iran
Iraq
Sri Lanka
Burma
Peru
Namibia
Thailand

Last edited:

cw2005

Btw, the list of countries that had imported from China includes many with higher per capita income than India:

Albania
Argentina
Algeria
Saudi Arabia
Kuwait
Egypt
Morocco
Ecuador
Venezuela
Iran
Iraq
Sri Lanka
Burma
Peru
Namibia
Thailand
Well, I just want to tell that Nigeria is not a failed state and received a lot of criticism. The general opinion here is that if a country buys military equipment from China, this country would automatically becoems a failed state.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Yes, any weapons sold by a non-white nation like China is a great achievement.
Selling low cost copies by robbing other's intellectual property is national shame not an achievement.

Other than that China is still a big importer of weapons even though China has decades of experience in producing weapon system albeit most of them are copies of soviet and western design.

DingDong

Country flag

Albania
Argentina
Algeria
Saudi Arabia
Kuwait
Egypt
Morocco

Ecuador
Venezuela

Iran
Iraq

Sri Lanka
Burma
Peru
Namibia
Thailand
Impressive List :rofl:

I don't know what do others see, but I see only failed states, theocracies, failed economies and conflict zones which cannot afford anything better than the cheap Chinese copies.

More than 50% of China's defense exports land in Pakistan/Bangladesh.

Last edited:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Selling low cost copies by robbing other's intellectual property is national shame not an achievement.

Other than that China is still a big importer of weapons even though China has decades of experience in producing weapon system albeit most of them are copies of soviet and western design.
Man I hate these chowmein

My jbl Bluetooth speaker turned waste in just 3 months and it was worth 8k

SexyChineseLady

IP? If they were someone else's IP then all they had to do to stop China selling is to stop parts from being sold to China. But sorry all the the parts are made in China so the IP belongs to China.

This talk about "robbing" is just jealousy and makes no sense. It takes a massive industrial base to make weapons that you can sell. Without thus massive industrial base you can create or "steal" all the IP you want and you still won't have anything but an "idea." All Chinese are proud of this massive industrial base.

We think it is shameful to not have an industrial base that can create weapons you can sell. But different cultures have different priorities.

Last edited:

SexyChineseLady

Impressive List :rofl:

I don't know what do others see, but I see only failed states, theocracies, failed economies and conflict zones which cannot afford anything better than the cheap Chinese copies.

That's silly, each nation on that list has a higher per capita income than India. It is very stupid (and arrogant) for Indians to make fun of nations who are wealthier.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
That's silly, each nation on that list has a higher per capita income than India. It is very stupid (and arrogant) for Indians to make fun of nations who are wealthier.
Well Libya has comparable per capita gdp to China.
Will you call it a progressive state???

And I forgot about iraq(gdp per capita $6500).

SexyChineseLady

Progressive? What does that mean? And what does that have to do with anything? Every country on that list is wealthier than India and they have bought weapons from China. For Indians to claim they are better off than Saudis and Kuwaitis and Thais is arrogance combined with silliness. They are far wealthier.

The same goes for Iran, Argentina and Venezuela for all their issues. Each one of those are higher on the human development index than India.

In fact, all of the nations listed have a higher HDI than India, I think.

SexyChineseLady

Got it. 2014 Human Development Index:
the HDI of the lowest nation on my list is Namibia ranked at 126.

India's HDI is 130.

armyofhind

Country flag
That's silly, each nation on that list has a higher per capita income than India.
Either you are just plain dumb or you have run out of points to support your argument.
Per Capita Income is not an absolute measure to compare economies. It is just one of the indicators.
Apart from the oil producing nations, you think any of these countries has a comparable GDP or growth rate or Inflation rate to India?

You are quoting Venezuela here? really? are you stupid or what? Do you know what's the inflation rate there right now? It's at 480%.
In India it's 3.7 or something
Is there even any comparison?

armyofhind

Country flag
Got it. 2014 Human Development Index:
the HDI of the lowest nation on my list is Namibia ranked at 126.

India's HDI is 130.
This is what I call grasping at straws. Now quoting figures which have absolutley no relevance here to try and give some veracity to your argument.

Tell me, have you even been to India? Do you know the living standard here?
Sure, we do have poor people and nobody denies that, but do you know the living standard of the middle class? I'm not even bringing in the rich here.

People living in Namibia would probably give off their right arms to live at the standard at which the middle class lives in India.

SexyChineseLady

Well, I just want to tell that Nigeria is not a failed state and received a lot of criticism. The general opinion here is that if a country buys military equipment from China, this country would automatically becoems a failed state.

Agree. That is a very racist and silly argument. I see no failed state in Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Nigeria, etc. Even Iraq. Iraqis might still be fighting a war against ISIS but it is still a state (which incidentally still has a higher human development ranking than India.)

SexyChineseLady

This is what I call grasping at straws. Now quoting figures which have absolutley no relevance here to try and give some veracity to your argument.

Tell me, have you even been to India? Do you know the living standard here?
Sure, we do have poor people and nobody denies that, but do you know the living standard of the middle class? I'm not even bringing in the rich here.

People living in Namibia would probably give off their right arms to live at the standard at which the middle class lives in India.

Nope, our Indian nembers are grasping at straws and insulting all these wealthier nations just because they bought Chinese weapons. Very silly. HDI is a combination of development factors not just per capita income.

You guys insulted all these nations by pretending they are poor and "failed" so it is proper to show you the stats that state they are wealthier and rank higher in human development than India. If you don't want to see those numbers then don't use baseless insults against so many nations that buy Chinese weapons.

And no, I doubt that Namibians would give their right arm to live in India. That is a very arrogant and stupid thing to say.

Last edited:

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Nigeria is not a failed state and the members of this forum bear no ill will to people of Nigeria. The OP had compared the per capita GDP to India and this being an Indian defense forum, people were quick to trash Nigeria in return.

What happened to you today @SexyChineseLady? Your arguments today are vacuous and pointless. You are usually a better level of troll. :biggrin2:

armyofhind

Country flag
IP? If they were someone else's IP then all they had to do to stop China selling is to stop parts from being sold to China. But sorry all the the parts are made in China so the IP belongs to China.

This talk about "robbing" is just jealousy and makes no sense. It takes a massive industrial base to make weapons that you can sell. Without thus massive industrial base you can create or "steal" all the IP you want and you still won't have anything but an "idea." All Chinese are proud of this massive industrial base.

We think it is shameful to not have an industrial base that can create weapons you can sell. But different cultures have different priorities.
Okay... let me get this straight. You are denying the fact that china has copied weapons from other countries.

I'm quoting a list which follows. Along with the weapon I think they have been copied from. Let's see whether you agree to it or deny it.

Type 56 Assault rifle =================== Russian Ak-47 and AKM
Norinco CQ ========================== American M-16
Chengdu Pterodactyl ===================== American Predator drone.
J-11 Fighter =========================== Sukhoi Su-27
J-7 ======================== Mig-21
Type 58 tank ================= Soviet T-34
Type 59 tank ================= Soviet T-54
J-20 Stealth fighter ============== Mig 1.44 Prototype
HArbin Z-9 ==================== AS365 Dauphin

There are more which I can quote but lets see you reply to these first.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a746/3319656/

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Okay... let me get this straight. You are denying the fact that china has copied weapons from other countries.

I'm quoting a list which follows. Along with the weapon I think they have been copied from. Let's see whether you agree to it or deny it.

Type 56 Assault rifle =================== Russian Ak-47 and AKM
Norinco CQ ========================== American M-16
Chengdu Pterodactyl ===================== American Predator drone.
J-11 Fighter =========================== Sukhoi Su-27
J-7 ======================== Mig-21
Type 58 tank ================= Soviet T-34
Type 59 tank ================= Soviet T-54
J-20 Stealth fighter ============== Mig 1.44 Prototype
HArbin Z-9 ==================== AS365 Dauphin

There are more which I can quote but lets see you reply to these first.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a746/3319656/
He/She is not denying that they are copying weapons but claiming since the copied weapons are made in China, they own the IP. Very bizarre and strange argument, at this point we should just assume they are trolling and chuckle.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles