China - adults attacking children in China

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
One of the many things that China is famous for are coal-mining accident when dozens of coalminer are trapped or killed in coal mines virtually every month.

nobody cares about this in China because the coal-miners are an underclass that no one in China gives a crap about.

Lately it seems like mentally disturbed individuals are attacking kids. Today there was another such incident. See Link below:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100512/ap_on_re_as/as_china_students_attacked

Can someone from China explain why this happens so frequently in China.
Every country has mentally ill people but only in China do they go hacking school kids - WHY ???

What makes your mentally ill people so unique ??

amoy

too bad. especially one case happened not far away.

Seriously speaking I feel there're some factors perhaps peculiar to China

1) China has been going through a very quick/turbulent transition economically, and socially (e.g. urbanization, higher asset price, forced removal, corruption, injustice...) . Some people/group feel displaced or anxious or mad when their concerns are unanswered.

2) It's unpopular in China for people to see a psychiastrist (or due to inadequate practioners) ... People tend to hide personal problems or disregard 'psycho subhealth', and consider it losing face to be known as... until someday...

3) very few Chinese are seriously religious

4) China has the world's biggest population. so China is supposed to proportionately have such cases 'frequently'? Or China's media gets more open in disclosing such cases?
I believe u've heard enough of school tragedies in the US. Human beings are not really different everywhere.

frankliu

I personally think these things are by any means unexplainable, 5 cases in 3 months, it's so wierd. And I really don't like the tongue of this "Respected" Member mattster. The aim I come here is to seek direct information and communication, not mutual attact. Please show some common sense of human emotion to prove you are a respected one, thank you.

Last edited:

luke

nobody cares about this in China because the coal-miners are an underclass that no one in China gives a crap about.
I don't know why you get this idea.I just want to tell you it's totally wrong.Maybe it's just you don't pay attention to this.China have many Coal Mine Accidents,so we have to care about it,from the Chairman to ordinary people .
Every country has mentally ill people but only in China do they go hacking school kids - WHY ???

What makes your mentally ill people so unique ??
You know,I also want to know why?Many words want to say,but all these are useless.God bless these poor children.

I personally think these things are by any means unexplainable, 5 cases in 3 months, it's so wierd.
The first case is NanPing case.The media give many reports of it。But they don't know they have opened Pandora's box.Some people find they have a better way to Revenge on society,then begin to Imitate the crime, that's why 6(not 5) cases happened during 50 days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince

frustrated persons taking out their anger on poor children
RIP the children
wish for speedy recovering for injured

Iamanidiot

freaking ugly bastards why children that to in a society where there is only one child.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
I asked the question WHY this only happens in China ??

Every country has its rich and poor imbalance.
Every country has mentally ill people.
Every country has criminals and bad people.
Most Asian countries including India and China have horrible levels of corruption.
And Most countries have bad politicians.
And every country have people who have been screwed over by the justice/legal system.

But why only in China do normally law-abiding people suddenly attack small helpless Children ??

I have a theory - the level of frustration in China against the society and the upper elite is so high, that when someone want to exact revenge on society, there is no better way to inflict a devastating loss then to go after your only child.

To me its a sign that there is something is very wrong/sick with China. Its not the wonderful rosy China story that the media portrays everyday.

amoy

I have a theory - the level of frustration in China against the society and the upper elite is so high, that when someone want to exact revenge on society, there is no better way to inflict a devastating loss then to go after your only child.

To me its a sign that there is something is very wrong/sick with China. Its not the wonderful rosy China story that the media portrays everyday.
===============================

Is there an index or alike to measure or benchmark ' level of frustration' across countries?? or the ratio of people getting eccentric or anti-society? that'll be an interesting reference for comparison and analysis.

Rosy China stories? If u really master Chinese and browse on Chinese websites/forums, u won't say the media depicts only the bright side. Lots of outspoken exposure of the downside or frustrations being vented everywhere. Why leaped to a blame of media even before u're capable of getting a 'full coverage' of media?? besides the rosy garden the media perhaps paints is not totally faulty - it's not entirely desperate living in China, is it? of course there're happy people galore and wonderful rosy life everywhere at the same time in China. it's so big and people vary from place to place. the media has to be balanced with both the rosy and ugly.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles