Chief of moderate Hurriyat to visit China after Eid

redragon

Country flag
Chairman of the moderate faction of the All Parties Hurriyat Conference Mirwaiz Moulvi Umar Farooq intends to visit China after the Eid festival, following his visit to Pakistan.

Sources said Farooq was applying for a visa to visit Beijing [ Images ] on an invitation from a China-based non-governmental organisation.

Though Mirwaiz himself was not available to confirm the visit, his secretary Shahidul Islam said the leader would be visiting China soon.

Islam said Mirwaiz would be applying for the visa after the Eid festival and that "he will be highlighting the Kashmir [ Images ] issue during his visit to China which is now an important player in the region".

The visit comes in the wake of a visa row between New Delhi [ Images ] and China with the latter issuing stapled visa for Kashmiri visitors to China, a move strongly being resented by the Indian government.

Mirwaiz, who has been involved in secret parleys with the union home minister P Chidambaram [ Images ] "to work out an amicable and honourable solution to the problems of Kashmir" will be the first separatist leader to visit China.

Mirwaiz recently favoured triangular talks between Kashmiri separatists, the Indian government and the faction, which would be followed by talks between his group and Pakistan.

The moderate APHC will meet again on Monday to finalise the team headed by Mirwaiz that would visit Pakistan after Eid, said sources.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Delhi turns tables on Beijing over Mirwaiz trip to China

New Delhi, Nov20, DHNS:

China's ploy to needle India on Kashmir by inviting separatist Hurriyat Conference leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq for a conference on Muslims may finally put Beijing itself in a tricky situation.

New Delhi on Friday turned the tables on Beijing by stating that Mirwaiz was free to go to China, provided he got a visa recognised as valid by the Indian government.

New Delhi had recently stated that it would not accept as valid the “stapled paper visas” issued by the Chinese embassy and consulates in India exclusively to the people of Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh.

“He (Mirwaiz) is free to go wherever he wants to,” external affairs minister S M Krishna told journalists when he was asked to react to Mirwaiz’s statement that he had received an “invitation” from “a Chinese NGO” to travel to that country for a seminar on Muslims there.

Foreign secretary Nirupama Rao later told a news conference that the Indian government had never prevented the Kashmiri leaders from travelling to other countries. She, however, made it clear that Mirwaiz would have to get a “valid visa” from the Chinese government to travel to that country.

The ministry of external affairs (MEA) recently issued a travel advisory stating that the Indian government did not recognise the stapled paper visas as valid travel documents and immigration officers in the airports would not let people with such visas to fly out.
“If China issues stapled paper visa to Mirwaiz, he would not be allowed to fly out — only for technical reasons and not because of the Indian government’s disagreement with the separatist agenda of the Hurriyat Conference,” an MEA official said.

And, if the Chinese government issues a regular visa to Mirwaiz, it will tantamount to backtracking by Beijing from its earlier decision not to treat the people of J&K on a par with Indian citizens from other states.

Country flag
maybe we should invite the uighur separatist leader and make their persecution in China known to the world.

Country flag
you think you are USA, you are a third world country interferring in other nations buisness.

Quickgun Murugan

Delhi turns tables on Beijing over Mirwaiz trip to China

New Delhi, Nov20, DHNS:

China's ploy to needle India on Kashmir by inviting separatist Hurriyat Conference leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq for a conference on Muslims may finally put Beijing itself in a tricky situation.

New Delhi on Friday turned the tables on Beijing by stating that Mirwaiz was free to go to China, provided he got a visa recognised as valid by the Indian government.

New Delhi had recently stated that it would not accept as valid the “stapled paper visas” issued by the Chinese embassy and consulates in India exclusively to the people of Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh.

“He (Mirwaiz) is free to go wherever he wants to,” external affairs minister S M Krishna told journalists when he was asked to react to Mirwaiz’s statement that he had received an “invitation” from “a Chinese NGO” to travel to that country for a seminar on Muslims there.

Foreign secretary Nirupama Rao later told a news conference that the Indian government had never prevented the Kashmiri leaders from travelling to other countries. She, however, made it clear that Mirwaiz would have to get a “valid visa” from the Chinese government to travel to that country.

The ministry of external affairs (MEA) recently issued a travel advisory stating that the Indian government did not recognise the stapled paper visas as valid travel documents and immigration officers in the airports would not let people with such visas to fly out.
“If China issues stapled paper visa to Mirwaiz, he would not be allowed to fly out — only for technical reasons and not because of the Indian government’s disagreement with the separatist agenda of the Hurriyat Conference,” an MEA official said.

And, if the Chinese government issues a regular visa to Mirwaiz, it will tantamount to backtracking by Beijing from its earlier decision not to treat the people of J&K on a par with Indian citizens from other states.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

He is not going to reach China with the stapled visa. I can't believe Indian Govt can be so intelligent. :india:

redragon

Country flag
you think you are USA, you are a third world country interferring in other nations buisness.
Well, China of course is not as strong as America, but if India can invite "the uighur separatist leader" Why China can't invite Maoist and Muslim leaders?

Country flag
who started the interference? you are not USA and never will be just because you have moved up the third world ladder dosen't mean you have reached USA's position or ever will. If anyone goes to China to cause trouble they won't be allowed back in India you can keep them.

Quickgun Murugan

Why isn't India declaring him an anti-social element and not arresting him is beyond me.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Why isn't India declaring him an anti-social element and not arresting him is beyond me.
Because, this....

Hurriyat leader holds secret talks with India

Tuesday, 17 Nov, 2009

NEW DELHI: Indian Kashmir's separatist alliance leaders held secret talks with the country's home (Interior) minister in a sign of efforts to resume peace talks to end a decades-old insurgency, a report said on Tuesday.

The All Parties Hurriyat (Freedom) Conference leader, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, held talks with Home Minister Palaniappan Chidambaram in New Delhi at the weekend, The Hindu newspaper reported.

Any sign of peace talks may help reduce tension in the state, the focus of conflict between India and Pakistan for decades.

The Hurriyat has urged New Delhi to pull out troops, release prisoners and end human rights violations before resuming peace talks.

Farooq denied holding a meeting with Chidambaram in New Delhi, but said there have been ‘some back-channel contacts between the Hurriyat and the government.’

Dialogue between the government and the separatists broke down in 2006. Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh offered to resume talks last month during a visit to Kashmir.

Officials say more than 47,000 have been killed in the past 20 years in Kashmir, where anti-India sentiment still runs deep.

With violence down in recent years, India began withdrawing troops from Kashmir's main towns and handed over law and order to the police, giving signals they were getting ready for peace talks. –Reuters

DAWN.COM | World | Hurriyat leader holds talks with India

nimo_cn

Country flag
who started the interference? you are not USA and never will be just because you have moved up the third world ladder dosen't mean you have reached USA's position or ever will. If anyone goes to China to cause trouble they won't be allowed back in India you can keep them.
LOL, now you are desperate.
We just invite this man to visit China, so that is interference in other country's business?

If that is interference, how about you letting Dalai Lama use India as base to seperate China for 50 years?
Who started the interference? You started it in the first place.

You are right, we are not USA, thanks for reminding us so that we will work harder to catch up with USA.
And as a gesture of reciprocation, let me remind you, India is not USA either, and not even close to, so don't bother acting like one.

Country flag
who is desperate? why are you guys desperate over the Dalai Lama? Why don't you keep this guy ? and stop interferring, we didn't separate China TIBET WAS NEVER PART OF CHINA, you are the copycats not us and want to compare yourselves to USA in everything not us.

nimo_cn

Country flag
who is desperate? why are you guys desperate over the Dalai Lama? Why don't you keep this guy ? and stop interferring, we didn't separate China when TIBET WAS NEVER PART OF CHINA, you are the opycats not us and want to be's comparing yourselves to USA in everything not us.
Now you just remind me that this guy maybe useful for China. Maybe we can use him just like you use Dalai Lama.

Why should we keep him? this guy has very important job to do, i guess he will not be useful if he stays in China.

Now you want to us to stop? You started it in the first place, why don't you stop?

Tibet was, is and will be part of China.
You want to support Dalai Lama and interfere in our business, then do it, India is a democracy, you are free to do what you want. And you have done this for 50 years, why not do it for another 50 years?

You want to play, let's play.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
you people are fighting like tm and jerry hence wasting bandwidth.none of the post is of any use.

As for separatist leader Mr.mirwaiz going to china,i think there is nothing wrong in it.this is going to be another moral victory for india after His Holiness Dalai lama's visit to tawang.After the successful elections in arunachal pradesh which saw record voting in indian elections.mirwaiz's visit to china will definetly make indian resolve strong on kashmir and arunachal pradesh.India is not a country which will get shaken by just one visit or 1000 visits of separatist leaders to china.Its only the trait of china who gets shaken to the core everytime his Holiness Dalai Lama go visit some country or he visits tawang.its the china who gets shaken to the core when its president abruptly leaves G-20 summit in the middle at the time of ughirs riots.when we allow huuriyat leaders to visit pakistan then y not china?It wash chalo arunachal in last month.let be next month be chalo china:twizt:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
LOL, now you are desperate.
We just invite this man to visit China, so that is interference in other country's business?
If you're holding the higher-ground on this one, then don't whine about what Dalai Lama does within Indian territory, or what Obama does with him on Indian Territory too.

Country flag
you people are fighting like tm and jerry hence wasting bandwidth.none of the post is of any use.

As for separatist leader Mr.mirwaiz going to china,i think there is nothing wrong in it.this is going to be another moral victory for india after His Holiness Dalai lama's visit to tawang.After the successful elections in arunachal pradesh which saw record voting in indian elections.mirwaiz's visit to china will definetly make indian resolve strong on kashmir and arunachal pradesh.India is not a country which will get shaken by just one visit or 1000 visits of separatist leaders to china.Its only the trait of china who gets shaken to the core everytime his Holiness Dalai Lama go visit some country or he visits tawang.its the china who gets shaken to the core when its president abruptly leaves G-20 summit in the middle at the time of ughirs riots.when we allow huuriyat leaders to visit pakistan then y not china?It wash chalo arunachal in last month.let be next month be chalo china:twizt:
you are right he is probably going out of concern for his islamic uighur brothers.

nimo_cn

Country flag
If you're holding the higher-ground on this one, then don't whine about what Dalai Lama does within Indian territory, or what Obama does with him on Indian Territory too.
When i was refering to Dalai Lama, i am not whining about what he does within Indian territory, i was telling letherforce who started this in the first place.

In fact, many Chinese people including me are getting used to Dalai Lama. We are used to he visiting other countries and making speeches about seperating Tibet from China. He has done that for 50 years, i have known this guy since i was in middle school. If someday he stopped doing that, i think we would feel weird, we would miss his performance. He is a gifted actor, isn't he?

nimo_cn

Country flag
As for separatist leader Mr.mirwaiz going to china,i think there is nothing wrong in it.this is going to be another moral victory for india after His Holiness Dalai lama's visit to tawang.
Then you guys should celebrate your victory, rather than criticising China.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
When i was refering to Dalai Lama, i am not whining about what he does within Indian territory, i was telling letherforce who started this in the first place.

In fact, many Chinese people including me are getting used to Dalai Lama. We are used to he visiting other countries and making speeches about seperating Tibet from China. He has done that for 50 years, i have known this guy since i was in middle school. If someday he stopped doing that, i think we would feel weird, we would miss his performance. He is a gifted actor, isn't he?
Only that after these many years you didn't realise that he doesn't stand for separating Tibet from PRC, but genuine autonomy. That's the hole in your perception, and perhaps that of countless mislead Chinese.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles