Chennai Floods

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

As I post this thread, flood waters should be receding by now and weather clearing up.

I pray all the DFI members from Chennai are safe sound and helping the community.

I hope rescue teams are reaching out to all in distress.

Few people are saying it is rain fall of century.

Please share your thoughts about this unprecedented rain fall and every thing that is related to rescue operations done by different agencies.

hit&run

Mod

hit&run

Mod
I'm Safe. Electricity restored in my area today noon. But most of my friends phones switched off dont know abt their safety. All IT & auto hubs shut down.

Here are few gems from presstitutes covering chennai floods.
Glad to hear you are safe.

Presstitutes are polarizing the society. They are sole responsible for the bad things that happen to minorities in India.

Illusive

Country flag
Climate change is really going to affect lot of cities in India. @avknight1408 good to know you're safe, been seeing the deluge in news since yesterday. Seems to be worse than what mumbai witnessed in 2006. Its important that industrial hubs don't get affected like this and be better prepared.

I_PLAY_BAD

Climate change and its effects is just one dimension of the argument.
The real cause of Chennaites' plight this monsoon was poor urban infrastructure and planning.
The state government takes full credit for it. Not deepening the lakes, dams and canals is also one major root cause in addition to poor maintenance of roads and storm water drains.

On the other hand people have learned sever lessons of what could happen if they build homes encroaching the banks of natural water flow areas.

Corruption and Bribery has brought Chennai down to this filthy level.

Illusive

Country flag
Tamil Nadu government keeps Army waiting, Chennai rescue operations suffer

CHENNAI: Lack of coordination between the government and military is hampering relief and rescue work in Chennai even as the flood-battered city has started taking its first steps towards normalcy.

Army personnel at Chennai HQ stood ready to move out with food and other essentials but were kept waiting as state government officials failed to tell them where to go.

Power is being restored, the airport opened and train services getting back on track, cellphones are ringing again and queues at petrol pumps and shops are shorter. Banks were working on Sunday to clear the backlog and most ATMs came back to life.

But, along with a semblance of normalcy, came ugly politics as politicians squabbled for credit.:facepalm:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles