Centuries-Old 'Palace of Guru Nanak' Demolished in Pakistan, Vandals Sell Off Precious Doors, Window

The Ultranationalist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The "Palace of Baba Guru Nanak", said to have been built over four centuries ago, was frequented by a number of Sikhs from across the world, including India.

PTI

Updated: May 27, 2019, 12:35 PM IST

Lahore: A centuries-old 'Guru Nanak palace' was partially demolished by a group of vandals who sold its precious windows and doors in Pakistan's Punjab province, a media report said Monday.

The walls of the four-storey building had pictures of Sikhism founder Guru Nanak as well as of various Hindu rulers and princes, Dawn news reported.

The 'Palace of Baba Guru Nanak', said to have been built over four centuries ago, was frequented by a number of Sikhs from across the world, including India, the report said.

The structure at a village in Narowal city — about 100 km from provincial capital Lahore — had 16 rooms with each of them having at least three delicate doors and at least four ventilators, it said.

The group of locals not only partially demolished the structure allegedly with the connivance of auqaf department officials but also sold its precious windows, doors and ventilators, the report said.

Its construction comprised old bricks, sand, clay and limestone. The rooms were constructed with large broad walls with cupboards in them that had wooden doors with flowers carved on them.

All the rooms were airy and their walls had small lamp enclosures in them. Expensive diyar wood beams of various sizes were used in the roofs, it said.

Authorities are clueless about its 'owner'.

A local resident Muhammad Aslam said: "This old building is called the Palace of Baba Guru Nanak and we have named it Mahalan. A number of Sikhs from across the world, including India, used to visit this building".

Once a six-member delegation, including a woman carrying a book with information about the historical building, had come from Canada. The delegation was elated upon visiting the site as if they had found a treasure, he said.

"The auqaf department was informed about the demolition of the building by some influential persons, but no officer or official took any action or even reached here.

"Three storeys of the building have already been demolished and new houses constructed. The influentials have demolished the building with the connivance of the auqaf department and sold its costly windows, doors, ventilators and wood," another local Muhammad Ashraf said.

In n bid to determine its legal status, locate its owners or find out which government agency maintained its record, Dawn news reached out to various authorities from the deputy commissioner, Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB) to the family that lived in the building but to no avail.

Narowal Deputy Commissioner Waheed Asghar, in charge of the record of all properties in the region said: "There is no mention of this building in the revenue record. As it seemed to be historical, we are checking the municipal committee's record".

ETPB Sialkot zone Rent Collector Rana Waheed said: "Our team is investigating the Guru Nanak Mahal Bathanwala. If this palace was the property of Evacuee Trust Property Board, legal action will be taken against those responsible".

The people in the area requested Prime Minister Imran Khan to take action against those responsible.
Guru NanakpakistanpunjabsikhismFirst Published: May 27, 2019, 12:06 PM IST
https://www.news18.com/news/world/c...-sell-off-precious-doors-windows-2161055.html

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
These pigs will only understand when we return the favor in their language eg. destroying their mosque in India.
Unfortunately, mosques inside India are Ours and not theirs. I would perhaps agree that let us go to Pakistan and destroy their mosques but why should one destroy institutions and properties inside own country.

The best answer to this vandalism is expose their activities in national and international forums as also educate our own people about the motive behind Pakistani resorting to this kind of vandalism.

Skyh3ck

The sikh community in all over the world is just like Hindus ignorant always..

Many Sikhs hate Hindus and consider themselves superior .. not all .. some of Sikhs hate hindus and they hate BJP and RSS .. why Punjab get congress government ... After the 1984 come on.. i saw many youtube videos where Sikhs in Canada and US and Europe are pro pakistani

Sikhbrah

Country flag
Unfortunately, mosques inside India are Ours and not theirs. I would perhaps agree that let us go to Pakistan and destroy their mosques but why should one destroy institutions and properties inside own country.

The best answer to this vandalism is expose their activities in national and international forums as also educate our own people about the motive behind Pakistani resorting to this kind of vandalism.
The mosque is not ours.

It’s there to serve it’s purpose - expansion of Islam and the creation of an Islamic state.

Or you could live in “lala rainbow land” like our liberals and believe in secularism with the religion of peace.

Your choice.

Sikhbrah

Country flag

Many Sikhs hate Hindus and consider themselves superior .. not all .. some of Sikhs hate hindus and they hate BJP and RSS .. why Punjab get congress government ... After the 1984 come on.. i saw many youtube videos where Sikhs in Canada and US and Europe are pro pakistani
Sikh have turned out extremely ignorant - just like the Hindus.

They think BJP/RSS out to kill them - while Muslim brothers are there to help their cause. This mindset is prevalent in Canadian and British Sikhs in particular.

BJP government isn’t do anything to dispel this myth.

ashdoc

Country flag

Unlike Muslim claim to superiority , Sikh claim to superiority has some basis in fact . They have good martial qualities , they work hard in their fields , their food is great to taste.....no one can match their ability to cook non veg food , not even the Muslims. My fave noveg restaurants in are all Sikh owned--- Jai Jawan , Lamba dhaba , paradise cafe , mast Punjabi , Pritam Da dhaba---some of them owned by ex army men .

But now their interest in joining the army is less . I post my movie reviews on sikhphilosophy network forum . When I started a thread on balakot strike there and started talking about Indian fighterjets as 'our fighterjets' etc one Sikh guy there said sikhi is universal and that Indian fighterjets should not be called 'our fighterjets'--- the whole tone being that Sikhs are not necessarily Indians . Even on another forum where I post my movie reviews (r2iclub) one Sikh guy used to regularly interject Hindu Muslim fights with attacks on Hindu religion . Same for one guy on now closed fundoozone forum--- one Sikh guy was closet khalistani with connections with Canada .

ashdoc

Country flag
Sikh have turned out extremely ignorant - just like the Hindus.

They think BJP/RSS out to kill them - while Muslim brothers are there to help their cause. This mindset is prevalent in Canadian and British Sikhs in particular.

BJP government isn’t do anything to dispel this myth.
To be honest on WhatsApp where Anti Muslim tirades by BJP IT cell are rampant , there is no Anti Sikh propaganda at all . Nor does BJP engage in Anti Sikh activities . I don't know from where the sikhs feel danger from Hindu nationalism .

Sikhbrah

Country flag
But now their interest in joining the army is less . I post my movie reviews on sikhphilosophy network forum . When I started a thread on balakot strike there and started talking about Indian fighterjets as 'our fighterjets' etc one Sikh guy there said sikhi is universal and that Indian fighterjets should not be called 'our fighterjets'--- the whole tone being that Sikhs are not necessarily Indians . Even on another forum where I post my movie reviews (r2iclub) one Sikh guy used to regularly interject Hindu Muslim fights with attacks on Hindu religion . Same for one guy on now closed fundoozone forum--- one Sikh guy was closet khalistani with connections with Canada .
Share with those guys the below video.

Sikhbrah

Country flag
To be honest on WhatsApp where Anti Muslim tirades by BJP IT cell are rampant , there is no Anti Sikh propaganda at all . Nor does BJP engage in Anti Sikh activities . I don't know from where the sikhs feel danger from Hindu nationalism .
Oh trust me, there is.

Have you heard of the “Sikhs lives matter” movement?

Read up on it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-34572118

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Unlike Muslim claim to superiority , Sikh claim to superiority has some basis in fact . They have good martial qualities , they work hard in their fields , their food is great to taste.....no one can match their ability to cook non veg food , not even the Muslims. My fave noveg restaurants in are all Sikh owned--- Jai Jawan , Lamba dhaba , paradise cafe , mast Punjabi , Pritam Da dhaba---some of them owned by ex army men .

There are Pakistani imposters and sponsored sikhs online.

Sikhs know very well that their mother land is India and their roots are here.

ashdoc

Country flag
Oh trust me, there is.

Have you heard of the “Sikhs lives matter” movement?

Read up on it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-34572118
It seems as usual some local incidents are being claimed to be a full fledged attack on Sikh community . The sikhs being majority in Punjab and being more martial , I don't think hindus there would be in a position to pose a threat to them really .

Sikhbrah

Country flag

Many Paki imposters and fakes online.

But congress winning in Punjab (being a border state) and after 1984 debacle.. also tells you something.

There is some apprehension within certain sections that BJP is a party that will not protect Sikh interest - hoping BJP counters that in the next 5 years.

ashdoc

Country flag

Yes in India the Sikh separatism is much less . Nor is it expected to become violent like in the eighties .

Skyh3ck

I was watching Tag TV on YouTube in one panel discussion by Anchor Dr Sharad.. he invited one sikh guy on phone from Chandigarh and one local canada Sikh guy... They were very angry that BJP won election and Modi will make India a Hindu Rashtra.. i was like what they were smoking.. one guy even hated cows very bad more than a muslim he hated Hindu.. o don't understand what is going on..

A sikh should never feel threatened by any Anyone i world.. Sikhism was created to protect not to get scared...

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Once they demanded their country for their religion and got it,they& their religious structures are not ours .....both must be thrown out of India ASAP.
Pakistan might have been created on religious grounds but not India. Every thing in India is Indian and ours.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I was watching Tag TV on YouTube in one panel discussion by Anchor Dr Sharad.. he invited one sikh guy on phone from Chandigarh and one local canada Sikh guy... They were very angry that BJP won election and Modi will make India a Hindu Rashtra.. i was like what they were smoking.. one guy even hated cows very bad more than a muslim he hated Hindu.. o don't understand what is going on..

A sikh should never feel threatened by any Anyone i world.. Sikhism was created to protect not to get scared...
What is going on ?? Democracy.... It is called Indian Democracy and majority of the world can not afford to have that luxury ..... So far hating Hindus or cows is concerned, one is entitled to it unless it hurts someone else's sensibilities.
Do not worry, everything is fine here in India till ones head if off ....

You certainly have a false flag .... that is not going to work !!

The Ultranationalist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Many Paki imposters and fakes online.

But congress winning in Punjab (being a border state) and after 1984 debacle.. also tells you something.

There is some apprehension within certain sections that BJP is a party that will not protect Sikh interest - hoping BJP counters that in the next 5 years.
Yeah they can start off with hanging jagdish tytler and kamalnath.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles