Central Armed Police Force(CAPFs)

Vishalreddy3

Country flag

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
They’ve been spotted with BSF for quite some time.
BSF, ITBP and SSB need to replace their 70s era helmets and need to start adopting bulletproof vests or plate carriers ASAP. CISF and CRPF are relatively better in that regard.
I have some hope for ITBP after the recent Chinese clashes top brass may wake up and do something with all the extra attention on them. If I’m not wrong they still use SLRs and Sterling SMGs to this day. BSF in its days of attention were able to get decent surveillance infrastructure, aviation wing and replace their age old firearms like SLR and Sterling, but neglected personal protective equipment. CRPF too thrusted into action after Pulwama and atleast in J&K are in slightly better shape. After the spotlight on them fades my fear is they’ll go back to their old ways.

Last edited:

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
They’ve been spotted with BSF for quite some time.
BSF, ITBP and SSB need to replace their 70s era helmets and need to start adopting bulletproof vests or plate carriers ASAP. CISF and CRPF are relatively better in that regard.
I have some hope for ITBP after the recent Chinese clashes top brass may wake up and do something with all the extra attention on them. If I’m not wrong they still use SLRs and Sterlin SMGs to this day. BSF in its days of attention were able to get decent surveillance infrastructure, aviation wing and replace their age old firearms like SLR and Sterling, but neglected personal protective equipment. CRPF too thrusted into action after Pulwama and atleast in J and K are in slightly better shape. After the spotlight on them fades my fear is they’ll go back to their old ways.
I’ve made an edit , hope someone could go through and correct me if I’m wrong

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles