Central Armed Police Force(CAPFs)

aditya g

Country flag
@aditya g look at the last picture, it has customs surface boat, do customs have dedicated VBSS Teams
Thanks for sharing. The personnel you see are wither Navy or CG.

Customs do have VBSS teams of some sort;

There is potential for customs to to upgrade their kit (helmet, suit, shoes, BPJ cum lifejacket etc). 9mm browning and even Sterlings are good enough as long as they are trained and confident with it.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Thanks for sharing. The personnel you see are wither Navy or CG.

Customs do have VBSS teams of some sort;

There is potential for customs to to upgrade their kit (helmet, suit, shoes, BPJ cum lifejacket etc). 9mm browning and even Sterlings are good enough as long as they are trained and confident with it.
Now that there are enough indigenous options for weapons in CQB like 9mm machine pistol recently and other Ofb products, basic MKU ballistic helmet and comm systems, that sets the course for well equipped VBSS teams.
Screenshot_20210113_203724.jpg

aditya g

Country flag
I was thinking the same. Though ICG has adopted Amogh 5.56x30 for VBSS role, it seems Navy is not considering it or the JVPC. For naval applications we need a smaller round and compact weapon. If not Asmi then BT MP9 may be appropriate. MARCOS already operate HK MP5 ofcourse.

@Gessler @Johny_Baba

Now that there are enough indigenous options for weapons in CQB like 9mm machine pistol recently and other Ofb products, basic MKU ballistic helmet and comm systems, that sets the course for well equipped VBSS teams.
View attachment 73755

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I was thinking the same. Though ICG has adopted Amogh 5.56x30 for VBSS role, it seems Navy is not considering it or the JVPC. For naval applications we need a smaller round and compact weapon. If not Asmi then BT MP9 may be appropriate. MARCOS already operate HK MP5 ofcourse.

@Gessler @Johny_Baba
Since you've tagged me, long have i stopped considering what should be good or bad for our men in uniform because at the end of day it's all wishful thinking, at least for me. I keep myself limited to the small arms tech only nowadays.
Based on the techncal points i believe they aren't keen to adopt to Amogh or JVPC is because rounds like 9mm can penetrate straightly through thin walls, without much wear-tear fragmentation to the bullet while a lighter 5.56mm round could get fragmented-tumbled if fired through somewhat penetrable walls, so that way 9mm could have some advantage in confined space CQB needs that they have usually on boats - one of the many reasons they kept sticking to Sterling though ideally should've switched to MP5 long back, or better MP9 or whatever suits them idk.

aditya g

Country flag
Since you've tagged me, long have i stopped considering what should be good or bad for our men in uniform because at the end of day it's all wishful thinking, at least for me. I keep myself limited to the small arms tech only nowadays.
Based on the techncal points i believe they aren't keen to adopt to Amogh or JVPC is because rounds like 9mm can penetrate straightly through thin walls, without much wear-tear fragmentation to the bullet while a lighter 5.56mm round could get fragmented-tumbled if fired through somewhat penetrable walls, so that way 9mm could have some advantage in confined space CQB needs that they have usually on boats - one of the many reasons they kept sticking to Sterling though ideally should've switched to MP5 long back, or better MP9 or whatever suits them idk.
I thought the main issue was risk of richochet on steel walls in supersonic rounds vs 9mm ....

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I thought the main issue was risk of richochet on steel walls in supersonic rounds vs 9mm ....
of course ricocheting, avoiding overpenetration etc many factors are there.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles