Central Armed Police Force(CAPFs)

Vishal reddy

Country flag
Under the Constitution, police and public order are state subjects. However, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) assists state governments by providing them support of the Central Armed Police Forces.
The Home Ministry maintains seven CAPFs:
  1. The Central Reserve Police Force, which assists in internal security and counterinsurgency,
  2. The Central Industrial Security Force, which protects vital installations (like airports) and public sector undertakings,
  3. The National Security Guards, which is a special counterterrorism force, and
  4. Four border guarding forces, which are the
    1. Border Security Force,
    2. Indo-Tibetan Border Police,
    3. Sashastra Seema Bal,
    4. Assam Rifles.
1601999852796.png

Purpose of this thread is to share content like Photos, Videos, Articles, etc related to the CAPFs

CAPFs include

*Border Security Force (BSF)

*Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)

*Central Reserve Police Force(CRPF)

*Sashastra Seema Bal(SSB)

*Central Industrial Security Force(CISF)

*National Security Guard (NSG)

*Assam Rifles and Indian Coast Guard is not a CAPFs, but a paramilitary unit but hence its photos can be posted here.

*Special Protection Group (SPG), Railway Protection Force, Special Frontier Force, Defence Security Corps (DSC) Photos can also be posted here.

This thread is only for Central Police Forces not State Police Forces, there is a dedicated thread for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vishal reddy

Country flag
Today commemorate 28th anniversary of CRPF-Rapid Action Force(RAF)
Screenshot_20201007_110731.jpg

Screenshot_20201007_110744.jpg

Screenshot_20201007_110717.jpg

Screenshot_20201007_110757.jpg

Screenshot_20201007_111011.jpg

Screenshot_20201007_110810.jpg

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
7th series of Offshore Patrol Vessel has been launched by L&T for the Indian Coast Guard

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
CISF patrolling Delhi metro station.
High time CISF change uniform in civilian sectors like Airport, Metro, etc
Screenshot_20201012_202910.jpg

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Absolutely!! Even I was wondering why x95, which is only used in Urban Environment.
Also those kind of guns are maintenance prone and Most probably not perform well in Muds of creek.

I have wanted to create a dedicated thread for sir creek, I think it is a low hanging fruit and can be taken back in case of war. Not to mention the creek area is rich in Gas and hardly any population lives here.
Two Division of Armored assaults should do the trick.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Also those kind of guns are maintenance prone and Most probably not perform well in Muds of creek.

I have wanted to create a dedicated thread for sir creek, I think it is a low hanging fruit and can be taken back in case of war. Not to mention the creek area is rich in Gas and hardly any population lives here.
Two Division of Armored assaults should do the trick.
The above mentioned reason is why the pakis have a dedicated marine corps in the first place! In times of war its their marines who's gonna fight in this area, not their army.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles