Central Armed Police Force(CAPFs)

gbarik5

Country flag
Instead of creating another central police force, increasing the size and funding of Coast Guard will be a good option.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
View attachment 127439
CISF
OFB GHAATAK & Excalibur MK-1
That uniform needs to change.. It frankly looks sad and archaic. Police work under the hot sun and in typical sub-tropical conditions wearing these thick fabrics. Ideally, CAPFs should be equipped with light cotton T-shirts like this, though in lighter shades:

1640575861973.png

with tactical lightweight and durable cargo pants like these:

1640576024033.png

They can always wear the molle vest and when required, the BPJ on top. But this khaki camo is just horrible to look at and definitely a disaster for Indian summers.

gbarik5

Country flag
That uniform needs to change.. It frankly looks sad and archaic. Police work under the hot sun and in typical sub-tropical conditions wearing these thick fabrics. Ideally, CAPFs should be equipped with light cotton T-shirts like this, though in lighter shades:

View attachment 127904

with tactical lightweight and durable cargo pants like these:

View attachment 127905

They can always wear the molle vest and when required, the BPJ on top. But this khaki camo is just horrible to look at and definitely a disaster for Indian summers.
If I remember correct there was a plan to replace the Khaki!! I don't know what happened to that proposal.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Yeah, CISf needs to change its combat pattern camouflage type uniform. When someone from abroad comes to India for us it is pretty normal but seeing armed security personal who look like the army will give a sense of militarized nation.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
If I remember correct there was a plan to replace the Khaki!! I don't know what happened to that proposal.
The proposal was for state police forces floated in 2018. Nothing really happened.

Some proposals:

1640583049239.png

1640583130087.png

1640583182560.png

All pukish designs. I wonder if there is even a point of having a national fashion design institute, if this is what they come up with.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
In first pic ,one uniform is from pakistan.
It was just to give a comparison.

Our obsession with being brown sahibs and having full dress shirts is a real menace.

We need tactical T-shirts and cargo pants for CAPFs at least, if not the state police forces. CAPFs have a tough job and need to be comfortable.

SGOperative

Country flag
It was just to give a comparison.

Our obsession with being brown sahibs and having full dress shirts is a real menace.

We need tactical T-shirts and cargo pants for CAPFs at least, if not the state police forces. CAPFs have a tough job and need to be comfortable.
CAPFs and State Police Tactical units should switch to comfortable clothing, got hopes from MHA because of their Track Record.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles