Ceasefire Violation by Pakistan

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Ceasefire violation: Pak troops fire at Indian posts

New Delhi: In a major ceasefire violation after a gap of few months, the Pakistani troops fired throughout the night at Indian posts in Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir, leaving a soldier injured.

A defence spokesman said today that Pakistani troops fired between 1500 to 2000 rounds at the Indian posts in Kamalkote area of Uri sector between 10:p.m last night and 3:a.m this morning.
He said the firing from across the border was unprovoked.

Lance Naik Prakash Singh of 10 JAK rifles was injured in the firing.

Indian troops returned the fire but used small arms fire, the spokesman said. India and Pakistan announced a ceasefire on the borders of the two countries in 2003.

Source: PTI

http://news.in.msn.com/national/article.aspx?cp-documentid=2169219

Last edited by a moderator:

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Hmmm... they generally do this to try and divert attention away from domestic issues...

If any big domestic problem comes up... No problem, let's shell the Indians...
If we need to divert attention quickly... No problem, let's shell the Indians...

I only wonder what they're trying to divert attention away from this time around...

ZOOM

Founding Member
Hmmm... they generally do this to try and divert attention away from domestic issues...

If any big domestic problem comes up... No problem, let's shell the Indians...
If we need to divert attention quickly... No problem, let's shell the Indians...

I only wonder what they're trying to divert attention away from this time around...
They aren't diverting attention, rather they are giving safe passage to millitants to sneak inside indian territory. :sAni_monkey:

EnlightenedMonk

They aren't diverting attention, rather they are giving safe passage to millitants to sneak inside indian territory. :sAni_monkey:
Hahahahaha... Thanks... definitely an aspect I didn't think of..... :D:D:D:D:D

ahmedsid

Top Gun
They get 2 birds with one bullet (or a barrage!) Diversion of attention for a while, and safe passage for Militants under the cover of fire!

EnlightenedMonk

They get 2 birds with one bullet (or a barrage!) Diversion of attention for a while, and safe passage for Militants under the cover of fire!
Hahahaha... I like that one... 2 birds with one barrage... or maybe, 2 birds with one munition shell.... hehehehehe... :D:D:D:D:D

pakfalcon

India loves to play the blame game. Why dont it show some proof? Why cant it take action against pakistan if terrorists are really crossing over? Why are there no surgical strikes against the terror camps? Why?

Rage

DFI TEAM
India loves to play the blame game. Why dont it show some proof? Why cant it take action against pakistan if terrorists are really crossing over? Why are there no surgical strikes against the terror camps? Why?
Are you really asking for something you do not wish to see? Tell me pakfalcon, with all the comforts and luxuries you enjoy in Canada, is it really that easy for you to wish wrath and ruin over your brethren in the subcontinent? - particularly at a time when your nation is not doing so hot.

Here is something for you to ponder over the "duality of the 'blame game'":

Indian troops exchange fire along LoC

Sunday, 22 Mar, 2009 | 12:59 AM PST |

Indian army soldiers at the Line of Control

SRINAGAR: Indian forces resorted to ‘unprovoked firing’ on Pakistani positions across the Line of Control but there were no casualties in the rare clash between the rivals, the Pakistani military said on Saturday.

‘The firing started from the Indian side at around 10 p.m. (1700 GMT on Friday) and intermittent firing continued for several hours,’ said a Pakistani military official who declined to be identified.

A ‘strong protest’ had been lodged with India, the military said. There was no immediate Indian response.

Meanwhile, Indian army officials have said that an Indian soldier was injured when Pakistani troops allegedly fired at Indian army positions across the Line of Control, the Indian army said.

The incident broke five months of relative calm along the heavily militarised border.

According to the Indian army officials, Pakistani troops fired 1,500-2,000 machinegun rounds towards Indian forward posts in the Western Uri sector, an Indian army spokesman said.

The firing lasted five hours, ending early Saturday morning, the spokesman said, adding that Pakistani fire was ‘unprovoked’.

India in the past has accused the Pakistani army of providing covering fire for infiltrating militants.

Last year India accused Pakistani soldiers of crossing the Line of Control and killing an Indian soldier – allegations Islamabad denied.

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect...istan-fired-at-indian-army-positions-india-ha

EnlightenedMonk

You need to watch some news channels Pakfalcon. I remember a report on TimesNow a couple of weeks ago where they SHOWED THERMAL IMAGING FOOTAGE AND RECORDED CONVERSATIONAL INTERCEPTS BETWEEN THE TERRORISTS WANTING TO GET ACROSS... THE ARMY SUPPOSEDLY HAD INTERCEPTED THE WALKIE TALKIES... AND, ALONG WITH THE THERMAL IMAGING CAMERAS, IT MADE FOR QUITE A SHOW...

Flint

This was probably when the LeT militants involved in the ongoing encounter sneaked in.

After everything that has happened since December, these people are still using the LeT for proxy war.
For a while I was thinking that the Pakisanis have actually given up their support for the Jehadis. Looks like they are back with a bang.

EnlightenedMonk

Yep, latest reports from the encounter suggest that about 300 LeTs are waiting to get in...

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that the ISI and the Pakistan Government is incorrigible... They will not mend their ways...

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Pakistan Army Violates Ceasefire; Fires on Indian Positions Across Kashmir Border

Pakistan Army Violates Ceasefire; Fires on Indian Positions Across Kashmir Border

Daily News & Updates
India Defence Premium
Dated 3/6/2009

Pakistan army personnel on Wednesday fired seven rounds of small arms at Indian army posts in Copra of Rajouri sector in Jammu and Kashmir, in the eighth violation of the ceasefire in 2009.

The violation took place at 1045 hours (IST) when the Indian army personnel at posts located along the Line of Control came under the small arms fire. However, there was no casualty or injury. "The firing was aimed at Indian army posts and it came from across the border from Pakistani forces," Army sources in Delhi said.

Indian troops maintained restraint and did not fire back, the official said. The incident, the Army headquarters in Delhi said, was the eighth violation of the ceasefire, agreed to by the countries in 2003, since the beginning of this year. No casualties were reported on their side, it said.

The violation would be taken up by the Indian side at the next local commander-level meeting, sources reported agencies. There was no Director General of Military Operations-level hotline talk this time as it was felt by the Army headquarters that the matter could be resolved at the local unit level, the sources added.

The DGMOs of the two countries, apart from talking to each other on a weekly basis, also make hotline calls to take up urgent matters such as serious ceasefire violations.

Pakistan Army Violates Ceasefire; Fires on Indian Positions Across Kashmir Border | India Defence

NikSha

The violation would be taken up by the Indian side at the next local commander-level meeting..
FFS people..

Indian Side: "You violated the ceasefire.. AGAIN."

Pakistani Side: "No we didn't."

Indian Side: "Yes you did."

Indian Side: "Yes you did."

Indian Side: "..."

Pakistani Side: "So when is the next commander-level meeting?"

... and then they lived happily ever after... until the Pakistani's violated the ceasefire again..

FIN

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
good one Nik Lol

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Are they trying to divert attention from letting terrorists free ...

ZOOM

Founding Member
It seems to me that, Pakistani armymen must be using Indian positions as a target practice while training Terror outfits.

geoatpenn

Country flag
we should have a 0 tolerance policy just like israel.. u throw a stone at me.. i fire back with a tank. flatten the bloody area from where the fire came from using arti, gunships or whatever. .. and then go for the flag meeting

dave lukins

Professional
Are they trying to divert attention from letting terrorists free ...
I don't think a couple of rounds would make much of a diversion. There was probable no festivals in May so they made their own entertainment. There must be a strict 'no fire' policy in place for the Indian Troops. I'm afraid I would have blasted the place from dawn to dusk:wink:

MMuthu

Instead of India testing the small missiles in waste desert... Why can't these people destroy a pakistani tank or something and test the small missiles as a part of retaliation during these times... Real time testing against the enemy... wonderful oppurtunity...

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Instead of India testing the small missiles in waste desert... Why can't these people destroy a pakistani tank or something and test the small missiles as a part of retaliation during these times... Real time testing against the enemy... wonderful oppurtunity...
Well you are one hot blooded guy mate. Thank goodness there arent guys like you in those posts.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles