Ceasefire Violation by Pakistan

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
"Operation Truthful Promise" by Hizbullah
Firing thousands of rockets into Israeli cities targeting innocent civilians? That's similar to the AI plane hijacking where the terrorists demanded that the Indian government release 3 terrorists in Indian jails or they'll kill all the civilians on board the plane. You sympathise with the hijackers too?

Flint

That's very strange. I don't think anything of this sort has happened before.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Pak rocket attack: BSF says option for retaliation open
7 Jul 2009, 0547 hrs IST, Yudhvir Rana, TNN

[
DHANDAE/BHAIRWAL: Angry BSF officers who inspected Dhandae and Bhairwal, the two villages in Punjab near the international border at Attari that saw
rockets fired from Pakistan territory land in its fields, leaving deep craters, said on Monday that the option of retaliation was always open.

‘‘BSF can always retaliate, but we would not like to escalate the situation just like that,’’ said M L Kumawat, DG, BSF, as he looked at the holes made by the missiles, apparently launched by an as yet unnamed Pakistan terror group. ‘‘In case it (the rockets) came from a particular direction, we too can’t be silent spectators. We can take action and we will take action in case there is something to it.’’

But even as the BSF’s anxiety and discomfiture was plainly visible, officers said exercising restraint too was important and they would not want the situation to escalate. ‘‘We will have to at least wait till the time Pakistan gives its report on the incident before doing anything,’’ Kumawat said, adding Islamabad had denied any hand in the incident.

‘‘Now that Pakistani authorities have maintained they had nothing to do with it, we will wait for them to take action and, in case they don’t do anything about it, we will think of a suitable action by us. Pakistan has been told to investigate the matter and asked to take adequate steps so that such incidents dont happen in future,’’ the BSF’s top officer said.

Pak rocket attack: BSF says option for retaliation open - India - The Times of India

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Firing thousands of rockets into Israeli cities targeting innocent civilians? That's similar to the AI plane hijacking where the terrorists demanded that the Indian government release 3 terrorists in Indian jails or they'll kill all the civilians on board the plane. You sympathise with the hijackers too?
You are giving wrong example and there is no comparsion between Pakistan backed terrorists and Hizbullah . India doesnt hold 11,000 prisoners nor occupying others land nor India is having the the highest numbers of UN resolutions condemning it .

Israel started massive airstrikes and artillery fire on targets in Lebanon that damaged Lebanese civilian infrastructure, including Beirut's Rafic Hariri International Airport an air and naval blockade and a ground invasion of southern Lebanon. Hezbollah then launched more rockets into northern Israel and engaged the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) in guerrilla warfare from hardened positions.

ZOOM

Founding Member
We should start deploying some long range radars especially the one we have developed and recently imported some copies from US for detecting Artillery shells, so atleast we can pinpoint the place from where this rocket are being fired in future. This is the best we can do at this point of time.

dave lukins

Professional
We should start deploying some long range radars especially the one we have developed and recently imported some copies from US for detecting Artillery shells, so at least we can pinpoint the place from where this rocket are being fired in future. This is the best we can do at this point of time.
The problem here is not some much the lack of RADAR but the ability to intercept and warn of incoming rockets/shells etc. In the recent incident above, the rockets were fired from just a couple of kilometres away and would have been on the ground in seconds. The LOC is so huge you would also need to site them overlapping and then have the communications to warn the populace..A massive task indeed. At the moment, Intelligence and vigilance are your weapons and you must use them to your full advantage.

Once again I see that there seems to be no retaliation, no return of fire, from the Indian side. Your patience is commendable and it must be on a tight lead.. I'm not sure many would put up with it for too long.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
We should start deploying some long range radars especially the one we have developed and recently imported some copies from US for detecting Artillery shells, so atleast we can pinpoint the place from where this rocket are being fired in future. This is the best we can do at this point of time.
I think Government is already working on it .

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
The problem here is not some much the lack of RADAR but the ability to intercept and warn of incoming rockets/shells etc. In the recent incident above, the rockets were fired from just a couple of kilometres away and would have been on the ground in seconds. The LOC is so huge you would also need to site them overlapping and then have the communications to warn the populace..A massive task indeed. At the moment, Intelligence and vigilance are your weapons and you must use them to your full advantage.

Once again I see that there seems to be no retaliation, no return of fire, from the Indian side. Your patience is commendable and it must be on a tight lead.. I'm not sure many would put up with it for too long.
If There would be retaliation from ours side then the so called War on terror would be lost . And Militants wants this only that India and pakistan should wage a war which can reduce tension from them . I dont think that America and Nato would like to see this retaliation either .

India is an responsible nation thats why its not retaliating for such attacks .

ZOOM

Founding Member

Dave, as far as BSF Inspector Hameet singh is concerned, they yet to acertain the range from which this rockets have been fired. Under such circumstances, despite obdiently approching Pakistani Authorities, they simply choose to up their hand by brushing aside any of their involvement. To intercept or to keep vigil, we can certainly use Radars meant for searching the launching side of Rockets or artillery shells as one part of the vigilance. Because, Taliban in Pakistan do carry long range Rockets in the range of 10 to 20km and they are effectively using their tactics of Hit and run, so despite tracking of their launching site, I don't think, then only we would be able to do anything rather then choose to fire in indiscriminate manner.

ZOOM

Founding Member
I think Government is already working on it .
That is a worldwide fact, it take something to happen to propell our government to take precautionery measures, till then it is everything peaceful for it.

ZOOM

Founding Member
If There would be retaliation from ours side then the so called War on terror would be lost . And Militants wants this only that India and pakistan should wage a war which can reduce tension from them . I dont think that America and Nato would like to see this retaliation either .

India is an responsible nation thats why its not retaliating for such attacks .
I-G, I am very sorry to say, this wasn't a Policy ever followed by a nation like India. Since, we cannot do a bargain for the borrowed problems of others. Just because they are fighting on NWFP, it doesn't mean that they will let all other Terror outfit to squander on eastern border. It is only a matter of identification of real culprit, if we manage to do the same then we can certainly go for a retaliation. Case in point is repeated exchange of fire on LOC by BSF.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
I-G, I am very sorry to say, this wasn't a Policy ever followed by a nation like India. Since, we cannot do a bargain for the borrowed problems of others. Just because they are fighting on NWFP, it doesn't mean that they will let all other Terror outfit to squander on eastern border. It is only a matter of identification of real culprit, if we manage to do the same then we can certainly go for a retaliation. Case in point is repeated exchange of fire on LOC by BSF.
I know what u mean ,We have to retaliate against such attacks and we all know that pakistan is giving excuses . Do u think we should wage a full scale war with Pakistan at this moment ?

ZOOM

Founding Member
I know what u mean ,We have to retaliate against such attacks and we all know that pakistan is giving excuses . Do u think we should wage a full scale war with Pakistan at this moment ?
War against Pakistan, not even in our dream. What is a point of waging a war against a country which is itself becoming a key reason for getting split into the pieaces.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
War against Pakistan, not even in our dream. What is a point of waging a war against a country which is itself becoming a key reason for getting split into the pieaces.
I was saying that only that any retaliation from ours side would change things on ground . Wait ,watch and prepare policy is the best now .

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
More than a technical difficult in intercepting rocket it would suffer form economic infieasibility. It would be inappropriate to use a 100 crore US $ worth ABM to intercept a Rs. 100 rocket.

ZOOM

Founding Member
More than a technical difficult in intercepting rocket it would suffer form economic infieasibility. It would be inappropriate to use a 100 crore US $ worth ABM to intercept a Rs. 100 rocket.
ABM isn't an answer. Rather radar can do the job and identify the location from this Pakistanis are firing the rocket indiscriminatly.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I don't think we can use any available radars to detect RPG based rockets. They have a very small heat signature (almost negligible) to even detect it on a radar.

All we can do is fire some more rockets in the direction of Pakistan and be done it. I don't think we can do anything about this situation unless it is being done in a systematic way and is large quantities which can be recognized as an act of war and take he necessary measures.

ZOOM

Founding Member
I don't think we can use any available radars to detect RPG based rockets. They have a very small heat signature (almost negligible) to even detect it on a radar.
Above articles conveying happenings of Rocket firing doesn't indicate that there was a firing of Rocket propelled grande. At the same time, according BSF Inspector, it is yet to acertain from what range the rockets were fired. If there as Rocket proplled grande firing then certainly somebody may have done so from higher terrain which makes positions of real culprit identifiable, but sadly that wasn't a case.

All we can do is fire some more rockets in the direction of Pakistan and be done it. I don't think we can do anything about this situation unless it is being done in a systematic way and is large quantities which can be recognized as an act of war and take he necessary measures.
That is useless to fire such rocket, rather it may get lives of innocent people living across the border. First and formost need is to identify the target and then accordingly take necessary action, since Terror outfits are having a free run in Pakistan and hence it is of no point to show undue aggression.

dave lukins

Professional
It seems to me that after every single border incident, the next move is to complain to Pakistan who umm and errr, promise to look into it and that is that until the next time. It' s about time Indian troops threw down a bucket load of counter-fire in their general direction and be damned to what anyone says. Would the Americans except it? Would the British except it? No and no... So why should the Indians except it?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
That is useless to fire such rocket, rather it may get lives of innocent people living across the border. First and formost need is to identify the target and then accordingly take necessary action, since Terror outfits are having a free run in Pakistan and hence it is of no point to show undue aggression.
The problem is you don't know from which direction or from how long it has been fired. What we will do when there is no way to identify the target??. Should we say, we didn't identify the target and so we cannot do anything. That is nothing but pusillanimity in the barrage of rockets fired on our country.

I say, fire some rockets enough to damage the property across the border to get message across that 'we mean business', better be careful firing on us, there will be consequences for doing so.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles