CDS news, updates, discussions and reports

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Is it True?
If Yes, some much needed improvement in Defense after a stagnation.

Second How much our new CDS will support Indigenous products?

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I knew it will most probably be him, he served as Chief of Integrated Defence Staff. He is rumoured to be next CDS even before General Bipin Rawat's unfortunate accident
If someone has time and knowledge
Pls provide his track record as very less is available on Google
What do u guys think is he right candidate

captscooby81

Country flag
I was always saying Gen Rawat sudden demise has just paused but the next in line was long chosen . We may see CNS Hari Kumar as Next CDS very sooner than expected . It was already in cards day Gen Rawat was made CDS .

Earlier once it was said that present Navy chief Admiral Hari Kumar was supposed to be the next CDS once Late Gen Bipin Rawat retired. Admiral Hari Kumar also served as chief of IDS, and hence I think he will be the next CDS if govt opts serving officers,

ObiWanKenobi

Country flag
I was always saying Gen Rawat sudden demise has just paused but the next in line was long chosen . We may see CNS Hari Kumar as Next CDS very sooner than expected . It was already in cards day Gen Rawat was made CDS .
But then why would they wait 6 months? To wait for Naravane to retire first?

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Will he be promoted to Full General or will he serve as Lt.Gen??
Will have to be promoted to General. But after retirement? This is all kinds of unprecedented. But now that I think about it, Field Marshals are also usually promoted post-retirement and since Field Marshals never retire, they are re-instated after years of retirement. So its not that unprecedented.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles