CCI clears Reliance-Dassault JV

lcafanboy

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
3,554
Likes
12,338
Country flag
CCI clears Reliance-Dassault JV
Press Trust of India | New Delhi January 27, 2017 Last Updated at 18:32 IST

Competition Commission today approved the proposed joint venture between Anil Ambani-led group firm Reliance Aerostructure and Rafale-maker Dassault Aviation, one of the major deals in India's private defence industry.

The proposed combination relates to the setting up of a joint venture between Reliance Aero and Dassault -- Dassault Reliance Aerospace Limited, in which RelianceAero would hold 51 per cent shares, with the remaining 49 per cent to be held by Dassault.

Fair trade regulator CCI said in a tweet that it has approved setting up of this JV. Deals beyond a certain threshold require approval from CCI, which keeps a tab on unfair business practices across sectors.

The JV, which was announced by the two companies in October last year, aims to be a "key player" in execution of offset contract worth about Rs 22,000 crore as part of the multi-billion euro Rafale fighter jet deal between India and France.

The strategic partnership between Dassault and Reliance will also focus on promoting research and development projects under the IDDM programme (Indigenously Designed, Developed and Manufactured), a key initiative of Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.
http://www.business-standard.com/ar...ears-reliance-dassault-jv-117012700858_1.html

Here comes Rafale MII news, enjoy.
 

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles

Top