Cars we will never see the like of again

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Guys... put up each one of the Pontiac line here... they're going in about an year... then, we'll possibly never see Pontiacs again !!!

Su-47

Those cars were beautiful sailor. But that doesn't mean today's cars aren't. As time goes by, old beauties will be replaced by new ones. Lets take a look at a few of today's beautiful cars.

Here are a few modern beauties that were in my pictures folder:

Alfa-Romeo Brera

Aston Martin DB9

Audi R8

Bugatti Veyron

Ferrari F430

Jaguar R-type coupe

Koenigsegg CCX

Lamborghin Murcielago LP460 Roadster

Mercedes SLR McLaren

Sailor

But Su-47, you missed the whole point old mate from IDF long ago. We are talking about that style of the late fifties and early sixties. Chrome steel like there was no tomorrow. Now it's all plastic and Korean small cars.

Su-47

But Su-47, you missed the whole point old mate from IDF long ago. We are talking about that style of the late fifties and early sixties. Chrome steel like there was no tomorrow. Now it's all plastic and Korean small cars.
I understood the point Sailor. I was just showing the grandchildren of the cars you showed. If you notice, all the cars i put up have flair, style and passion of those old beauties. I didn't put up pics of computerised Nissan Skylines, the hardly evolved Porsche or the passionless optimized frame of the Gumpert. These cars may look radically different from those of the late fifties, but underneath the metalwork, they have the same soul. And the same need for speed.

40 years down the line, we'll see our grandchildren posting these cars under the title of 'old beauties'.

Sailor

Guys... put up each one of the Pontiac line here... they're going in about an year... then, we'll possibly never see Pontiacs again !!!
EM, the financial downturn in the US put an end to the production run here in Australia of the Pontiac. This car was built for the American market.
However GM Australia have ignored the parent company in the US and are going ahead seeking new markets worldwide. So it isn't over.
Here is a pic of one. They were all made left hand drive as none were made for Australia.

Su-47

A couple more of my favourites. I'd give my left arm to drive one of these

Ferrari Enzo

Lamborghini Reventon

Sailor

Wish I could see those pics in full size Su. I can only view them in thumbnail.
It's funny but when I click on your thumbnail pic, the large pic of my black Pontiac opens.
Perhaps an Admin would like to check that?

Su-47

Here is a beauty we will probably never see again. It is a concept.

Lamborghini Concept S

Su-47

Wish I could see those pics in full size Su. I can only view them in thumbnail.
It's funny but when I click on your thumbnail pic, the large pic of my black Pontiac opens.
Perhaps an Admin would like to check that?
I used imageshack to upload these pics. I have been using imageshack for years to post pics on forums. I have never had complaints before. lets wait and see if other members have this problem.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles