Cars & Bikes - Automotive Discussion Thread

captscooby81

Country flag
Its good one not as smooth as DCT gear box in hyundai Venue or Ford Ecosport. but a better gearbox than other AMTs in market.

You looking at petrol or diesel nexon AMT ?

Whats the general feedback on Nexon AMT. Speaking to few owners in Auto expo , they were all praise.

Kumata

Country flag
Its good one not as smooth as DCT gear box in hyundai Venue or Ford Ecosport. but a better gearbox than other AMTs in market.

You looking at petrol or diesel nexon AMT ?
DCT and AMT are different as chalk and cheeses and are not comparable at all. I know. I am looking at petrol Option.

Kumata

Country flag
AMT sucks. The experience is not smooth. Even Brezza has dropped the AMT for a torque convertor
Yeah.. Agree AMT's are jerky by inherent nature but maruti did no favor by putting in a medieval 4 speed torque coverter in 21 st century car. I still like brezza and wasted 6 months waiting for petrol variant hoping they will give us a proper automatic but all they gave in is a 4 speed....

The moment i sat in new nexon, i was in different world... couples with class leadind safety, AMT become a sort of compromise, i am willing to take....

Maruti with it's volumes could have offered us a good 6 speed authentic automatic but alas....they lost a customer... only fan boys will buy a 4 speed torque converted in 2020..

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Moved posts to this thread since the prev one is about the automotive sector
Yeah.. Agree AMT's are jerky by inherent nature but maruti did no favor by putting in a medieval 4 speed torque coverter in 21 st century car. I still like brezza and wasted 6 months waiting for petrol variant hoping they will give us a proper automatic but all they gave in is a 4 speed....

The moment i sat in new nexon, i was in different world... couples with class leadind safety, AMT become a sort of compromise, i am willing to take....

Maruti with it's volumes could have offered us a good 6 speed authentic automatic but alas....they lost a customer... only fan boys will buy a 4 speed torque converted in 2020..
Ecosport is still the leader in this segment IMHO. Mahindra-Ford partnership should give more certainty to Ford's future in India.

Kumata

Country flag
Moved posts to this thread since the prev one is about the automotive sector

Ecosport is still the leader in this segment IMHO. Mahnidra-Ford partnership should give more certainty to Ford's future in India.
Yup, A very good option although a old horse and been in market for quite a time. Let me research on Eco sport as well. Atleast, till we have lockdown, i can do paper exercise if nothing else :rofl:

Kumata

Country flag
@Kumata were you able to make a choice ? :troll:
Yes and no.

Yes because i am more or less ready to put money on XMA or XZA depending on who wins the heart vs head battle.

No, Because i am stuck in my native place and going to NCR Seems pretty far away and local dealer is not much helpful in getting me a TD and is not keen on deal ...so i must get back to my work base and work out a deal.. i am in touch with cocorde in delhi and they have been very helpful so far...let us see.. will keep this thread updated..

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Yes and no.

Yes because i am more or less ready to put money on XMA or XZA depending on who wins the heart vs head battle.

No, Because i am stuck in my native place and going to NCR Seems pretty far away and local dealer is not much helpful in getting me a TD and is not keen on deal ...so i must get back to my work base and work out a deal.. i am in touch with cocorde in delhi and they have been very helpful so far...let us see.. will keep this thread updated..
No interest in Hyundai Venue either ?

Kumata

Country flag
No interest in Hyundai Venue either ?
No. The rear seat is claustrophobic. For some reason, i felt its tapering inward from both side in middle...moreover hundai's service is a poor man,s nighmare .. The most imp thing tilting in favor of nexon is its 5 star NCAP ratings and Tata have done well to liberate tons of space inside. It does help that missus think interiors of nexon are in diff league al together compared to both brezza and Hyundai... Onlt fly in ointment is AMT but guess... begeers cant be choosers :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I waited for brezza expecting a solid auto tranny but alas......How i wish honda / toyota had a similiar competeting product...

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
No. The rear seat is claustrophobic. For some reason, i felt its tapering inward from both side in middle...moreover hundai's service is a poor man,s nighmare .. The most imp thing tilting in favor of nexon is its 5 star NCAP ratings and Tata have done well to liberate tons of space inside. It does help that missus think interiors of nexon are in diff league al together compared to both brezza and Hyundai... Onlt fly in ointment is AMT but guess... begeers cant be choosers :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I waited for brezza expecting a solid auto tranny but alas......How i wish honda / toyota had a similiar competeting product...
EcoSport saar

captscooby81

Country flag
TATA tops every one else in the build quality i had seen Tiago turtle up and still the passengers walked with just scratches and no damage to the main structure of the car .

New nexon is good just upped the ante in looks from front with much more SUV like bonnet compared to the cross over type design the old one had .

AMT for city driving you will feel that jerk in slow moving traffic but once you hit highways you won't feel much difference between AMT or DCT

Ford Ecosport is good option but they have one top variant in DCT gear box option . Also comes with the highest number of Airbags in the segment

Tata and Ford easily take the top two spot when it comes to safety, drive feeling and suspension . Nexon can handle bad roads better compared to other vehicles

Kumata

Country flag
TATA tops every one else in the build quality i had seen Tiago turtle up and still the passengers walked with just scratches and no damage to the main structure of the car .

New nexon is good just upped the ante in looks from front with much more SUV like bonnet compared to the cross over type design the old one had .

AMT for city driving you will feel that jerk in slow moving traffic but once you hit highways you won't feel much difference between AMT or DCT
Dont AMT have Creep function... I thought thats standard for AMT variants...

Ford Ecosport is good option but they have one top variant in DCT gear box option . Also comes with the highest number of Airbags in the segment

Tata and Ford easily take the top two spot when it comes to safety, drive feeling and suspension . Nexon can handle bad roads better compared to other vehicles
Problem with eco sport is that it's a very old design.. too long in tooth...DCT is good and with 7 airbags makes a case for itself.. but priced at 11.43 Lakhs ex-showroom...too steeply priced....and beyond my budget... I am already stretching for nexon ...

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Dont AMT have Creep function... I thought thats standard for AMT variants...
They do, but it's "fake" because AMT is just a regular gearbox + electronic brain.

Also, an important point against AMT is lack of hill hold assist. Hill hold is very important in city driving, makes those flyover start/stops and mall ramps a piece of cake

Kumata

Country flag
They do, but it's "fake" because AMT is just a regular gearbox + electronic brain.

Also, an important point against AMT is lack of hill hold assist. Hill hold is very important in city driving, makes those flyover start/stops and mall ramps a piece of cake
Hill hold is available in Nexon.....just rechecked the brochure...

About AMT , it's a regular+electronic ... Agree...

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Since when team-bhp become a source of truth .....I would trust brochure from OEM more than a random forum guy...
Sure. But do your own research on how AMTs are coupled different from say Torque Convertors. Hill Hold in a Torque Converter is very very different.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
@Kumata another option. Could be value for money :troll:

20200506072716_NissanMagnite2wm.jpg

"Nissan Motor India Limited will be launching its first compact SUV in the domestic market dubbed the Magnite sometime during the month of August 2020. This will help the Japanese brand going into the festive season with an attractive product as its starting price is expected to be around Rs. 5.30 lakh (ex-showroom). The sub-four-metre SUV will compete against Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300. In order to have an advantage over its rivals, the Magnite could have its top-of-the-line CVT variant’s price only at around Rs. 9 lakh (ex-showroom)"

Kumata

Country flag
@Kumata another option. Could be value for money :troll:

View attachment 48168

"Nissan Motor India Limited will be launching its first compact SUV in the domestic market dubbed the Magnite sometime during the month of August 2020. This will help the Japanese brand going into the festive season with an attractive product as its starting price is expected to be around Rs. 5.30 lakh (ex-showroom). The sub-four-metre SUV will compete against Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300. In order to have an advantage over its rivals, the Magnite could have its top-of-the-line CVT variant’s price only at around Rs. 9 lakh (ex-showroom)"

I still remember the DC build i did when they were setting up their factory in chennai and maintainance of their sunderland plant in UK ....

exciting times ahead for my poor bank account for sure...By the way Baba.... whats ur handle on T-BHP... dont tell me ... you are GTO

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles