Cars & Bikes - Automotive Discussion Thread

armyofhind

Country flag
Well hasnt this thread been sooo quite for a while.

I guess I'll take the onus of reviving it.

@aditya10r Really excited about the 390ADV bro. Looking forward to see how it takes shape. Will wait for a while once its launched. After that, its a sure buy for the future.

captscooby81

Country flag
Haven't you checked out the new BMW 310GS ??? KTM Adv390 might come by year end ..in the mean time Hero may launch its impluse 200 and even Kawasaki may launch indian assembled Versys 300 at lesser price than current rate

@aditya10r Really excited about the 390ADV bro. Looking forward to see how it takes shape. Will wait for a while once its launched. After that, its a sure buy for the future.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag

Gali gali mein shor hai

Stephen(KTM CEO) Madharchod hai

I was really looking forward to 500cc+ KTM bikes but he fucked it up

As far as the adv based 390 is concerned it's gonna be a rocker,from what I have heard Bajaj won't be meddling in the development of the adv bikes.Bajaj meddled in the development of KTM 200 duke and 390 duke and they didn't feel premium because many parts from pulsars were used(best example being the fuel cap from pulsar on old gen duke 200 and 390).

And given KTM track record at Dakar rally,the 390 adv is gonna be a rocker.

My mum sold my duke 390

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Haven't you checked out the new BMW 310GS ??? KTM Adv390 might come by year end ..in the mean time Hero may launch its impluse 200 and even Kawasaki may launch indian assembled Versys 300 at lesser price than current rate
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Versys 300

Arre koi Param veer chakra Lao.

Dude just check the pricing of ninja 400 in India.I am pretty much sure it won't be a penny less than ₹3.5 lakhs and recently Kawasaki has been dumbing down on the equipment on entry level bikes for example the ninja 400,to save itself from cut throat sport bike competition they are marketing it as a tourer bike.

Kawasaki wont be worth it.

BMW 310gs does it makes sense to purchase a naked bike with same exact specs as TVS Apache rr310s that costs atleast ₹70k cheaper.Every component is same then it doesn't makes much sense,and whose idea it was to keep it premium.

Impulse 200,more like impossible 200

Remember the hero production ready hrx250 bike,I haven't heard it in a while.
Hero surely comes with interesting concept bikes but doesn't makes it to the roads.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Most value for money bikes IMO are NS200, and FZ25 for non racing users. What do you guys think ?

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
wp2429037.jpg
main-qimg-39ff3c7d7eb16c22e265725ccb32b2c4-c.jpeg
pulsar-ns200-price-list.jpg
bajaj-pulsar-ns-55.jpg

Some NS200 images, old and new colors.

Haldiram

Country flag
And it's a good bike too. Their DTSi engine thing where they have multiple spark plugs to optimize fuel ignition was a big leap. Spares are also easily available compared to that of Honda and Yamaha. Local mechanics find it easy to fix. It's a very India-friendly bike. They have tuned the engine to have the torque curve closer to the lower revs so the pickup from 0 is really good. It helps in traffic.

(It also saves forex and creates jobs locally.)

Even TVS has their 310rr, which looks nice, but it hasn't caught the public's attention for some strange reason :

Last edited:

arya

Country flag
We should use free energy for our forces ( electromagnetic system )

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
And it's a good bike too. Their DTSi engine thing where they have multiple spark plugs to optimize fuel ignition was a big leap. Spares are also easily available compared to that of Honda and Yamaha. Local mechanics find it easy to fix. It's a very India-friendly bike. They have tuned the engine to have the torque curve closer to the lower revs so the pickup from 0 is really good. It helps in traffic.

(It also saves forex and creates jobs locally.)

Even TVS has their 310rr, which looks nice, but it hasn't caught the public's attention for some strange reason :

Rode this bike.

Feels much better and comfortable than duke series.

Will buy it someday.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
This week in Auto: Can TVS turn around British premium bike icon Norton?

This is the biggest acquisition by an indian manufacturer ever.
Why you might ask,Well norton makes premium high performance bikes in 600cc+ range.Their superlight produces 180hp,For reference the Triumph daytona 675R(amar rahe) produced 130hp.Thats nuts

Plus the bike is lighter.

This deal can turn around INDIAN PERFORMANCE 2 WHEELER SEGMENT.

And its ridiculously expensive.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
This week in Auto: Can TVS turn around British premium bike icon Norton?

This is the biggest acquisition by an indian manufacturer ever.
Why you might ask,Well norton makes premium high performance bikes in 600cc+ range.Their superlight produces 180hp,For reference the Triumph daytona 675R(amar rahe) produced 130hp.Thats nuts

Plus the bike is lighter.

This deal can turn around INDIAN PERFORMANCE 2 WHEELER SEGMENT.

And its ridiculously expensive.
You gonna see apache or akula getting more lighter in future.
More bikes will go into UK and USA.... I say good equisition.
Now we have three classics in India all of them European.
Royal enfield, Jawa and now Norton.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
You gonna see apache or akula getting more lighter in future.
More bikes will go into UK and USA.... I say good equisition.
Now we have three classics in India all of them European.
Royal enfield, Jawa and now Norton.
We have enjoyed some level of success in the entry level segment in NA and EUR.This is our foray into premium 600cc+ segment.We have always lacked the cultural connect with european/NA auto industry.The only reason for our limited success is our acquisition of foreign brands.

Having talked to NA and EU sport riders they all appreciate KTM in the beginners segment and you will find in most reviews in EU and NA recommending KTM 390 DUKE/RC.Had bajaj gone alone they would have crashed and left the market but this approach helped them gain a foothold in the market.RE doesnt have this brand cultural connect problem.

I would love to ride the NORTON SUPERLIGHT.

Kumata

Country flag
Whats the general feedback on Nexon AMT. Speaking to few owners in Auto expo , they were all praise.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles