Carrer Growth for Ground Duty Officers In the Indian Air Force

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Hello,
I Have cleared the Afcat exam and iam supposed to appear for SSB. Can you please tell me the Carrer Growth after getting selected as a Ground Duty Officer for Administration/Logistics Branch. Thank you.
Have you seen this link?

Ground Duty Branch - Career Air Force-India

Ground Duty Branch
Managing human and material resources, the Ground Duty Branch is the mechanism that steers the Indian Air Force.

As a Graduate you can join as an officer in any of the following Ground Duty Branches

Administration Branch
Permanent Commission (for Men) / Short Service Commission (for Men & Women)
Responsible for the efficient management of both human and material resources. Some of the officers of the Administration Branch are selected and trained to carry out the following duties also:
Air Traffic Controller – Involves maintaining an orderly flow of traffic and airspace management.
Fighter Controller – Involves close contact and supervision between the air and radar for effective airspace management.
Educational Qualifications
Graduation degree in any discipline with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together

Accounts Branch
Responsible for efficient financial management of funds .You will also act as internal auditor to ensure a zero-defect audit from outside agencies.
Graduate Degree in Commerce (B Com) with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together

Logistics Branch
Responsible for materials management of all Air Force resources. You would ensure efficient supervision of inventories, and involve in procurement processes of various ranges of equipment.
Graduation degree in any discipline with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together

Advertisement Schedule : Advertisements for AFCAT are released by the IAF in the months of June and December Advertisement Schedule : June and December (AFCAT)

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
iam supposed to appear for SSB.
I would recommend you to focus on SSB first, completely.

Screening on Day 1 itself eliminates 2/3rd candidates. (in GD, TAT, PAAT tests etc.) By Day 5 of SSB Conference where Psychologist, GTO, Interview officers's scores are collated, a lot can go wrong. So, FOCUS on SSB. If you are a borderline case, everything rests on your response to IO on the last day.

Once you have cleared the SSB (& while undergoing Medicals in Command Hospital), you would be in a position to decide whether you want to join or otherwise.

Victor Sierra

Country flag
Please concentrate on SSB. Its not gonna be easy.

If I were you, I wouldn't have cared for career growth. Its an honor to serve your country in Uniform.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles