Can we buy Israeli 105MM Guided Artillery Munition?

palash_kol

I think we dont have any Guided Artillery Munition whereas USA and Inrael has.
Its low cost and very effective against any type of target.

I came across Israeli 105MM Guided Artillery Munition. Its low cost and have GPS navigation and hit target with very marginal errors. It will give our artillery system an edge over China and Pakistan.

Israeli 105MM (Guided Artillery Munition) GAM:
>105mm Artillery Munition with GPS guidance
>Effective range: 23 Km
>Accuracy: 10m CEP
>Includes the Pure Heart (GPS/IMU and FCC) for guidance, navigation and flight control, a canard servo and control mechanism.

What do you think about our artillery system???

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
I don't see a need for 105mm guided artillery round, 155mm would me more appropriate. I believe intrested in Archar Artillery system. It comes with excalibre guided round.

luckyy

if the Israeli company which menufectures 105MM Guided Artillery Munition isn't black listed by MoD on curruption charges...

palash_kol

I don't see a need for 105mm guided artillery round, 155mm would me more appropriate. I believe intrested in Archar Artillery system. It comes with excalibre guided round.

Yes..that will be perfect...minimum no. of rounds fired but destroyed the enemy bunkers completely.:2guns:

bhramos

Country flag
cool man.
but can this be fired from cannons wat our Army have?

bhramos

Country flag
cool man.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
cool man.
No they can't be fired from the cannons that our Army has. The main reason is that round requires smoothbore barrel but our army uses rifled barrel.
The artillery gun must also have a data link capability to set the target gps coordinates in the shell before firing.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I think we dont have any Guided Artillery Munition whereas USA and Inrael has.
Even we bought a Russian Guided artillery munition, Krasnopol but it failed in tests.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krasnopol_(Weapon)

Correct. But Archer system consists of Bofors gun, that is a big No-No politically.

if the Israeli company which menufectures 105MM Guided Artillery Munition isn't black listed by MoD on curruption charges...
There are ways to circumvent bans but this round is in early development phase.

No they can't be fired from the cannons that our Army has. The main reason is that round requires smoothbore barrel but our army uses rifled barrel.
The artillery gun must also have a data link capability to set the target gps coordinates in the shell before firing.
1. This round requires 105mm caliber guns and we are standardizing our guns to 155mm standard.
2. IMO, All capabilities will be inbuilt in the round.

J

John

Actually we should just wait a bit and get the N-LOS cannon its by far the best in the word, can fire Excalibur, other rounds, has automated firing, has MRSI (multiple round and simultaneous impact) not to mention it has diesel/electric engine, the electric engine has over 200km in stealth mode, no noise, a serious surprise to the enemy, its light enough to be carried on our c-130Js, C-17s, MTA. The round also has a high angle of fall making sure it can hit targets well hidden. It was fired over 15 degrees off-course and still managed to guide the Excalibur to within 3 m of the target. Its at the moment the best 155 cannon in the world and has no-parallel. Its closest competitors are almost 2 to 3 times heavier and lack the mobility. Archer is the best system that is operational.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles