Can Isis get access to pakistan's nuclear weapons?

Country flag
CHARLOTTE, N.C., November 25, 2014 – The United States and its Western allies have capitulated to Iran, extending talks designed to limit the Iranian nuclear weapons program.

The Iranians got precisely what they wanted, which is more time to develop their nuclear arsenal. At the same time, a potentially more dangerous result may be developing in another Muslim country that already has nuclear weapons. As usual, Western media have ignored the story, either out of ignorance or apathy. Either way, the situation poses a deadly threat to the nations that oppose ISIS.

According to Walid Shoebat, a former Muslim Brotherhood member who has become a major voice against Islamic terrorism, "ISIS now has camped in Pakistan and all across Pakistan" with the black flag of the Islamic State popping up all over the country.

Despite U.S. airstrikes which have supposedly slowed the spread of ISIS, Shoebat warns that "western news consumers are not paying as much attention to how fast the Islamic State is moving."

Economic problems and political tensions have made Pakistan even more unstable than usual for the region, making the presence of the Islamic State, which has been confirmed by the Pakistani government, a highly disturbing development.

If ISIS gains control of or gets an ally in Pakistan, it could gain access to Pakistan's nuclear weapons. Given the inhumanity of ISIS, that possibility should fill observers with foreboding; ISIS is a group that might very well use nuclear weapons to advance their cause.

Says Karl Kaltenthaler, a professor at the University of Akron and an expert on the rise of Islamic extremism, "The message they're trying to convey is they are brutal to their enemies, and they are righteous in their cause. If you mess with them, you're going to pay a high price, and they will stop at nothing to achieve the triumph of their vision for Islam."

According to Shoebat, a staggering 98 percent of Pakistanis support Islamic jihad, and they have no qualms about the savagery of ISIS.

If that sounds far-fetched, remember that it was Pakistan that sheltered Osama bin Laden and protected him for several years. It was only through a covert operation which did not involve informing the Pakistani government of our intentions that the U.S. was able to kill bin Laden.

Furthermore, as Shoebat points out, "among all the nuclear states Pakistan is the only country that leaked and transferred nuclear technology to the countries that are still under UN and U.S. sanctions. It is also the only nuclear state that shelters and protects terrorist organizations such as al-Qaeda, the Taliban, Haqani Network and now the infamous ISIS."

Shoebat explains why an ISIS-Pakistan alliance is such a threat. "While the global leaders certainly understand that there is an extreme threat to global security if the risk that ISIS could get a hold of nuclear weapons, all world leaders, especially Americans, do is hold international conferences on addressing the issue," says Shoebat.

Anyone paying even a moderate amount of attention realizes that "talking without action" has been the primary focus of the Obama administration's foreign policy under Secertaries of State Hillary Clinton and John Kerry. Such an approach will not suffice against an action-oriented, emboldened terrorist organization like ISIS.

As the prospect of a nuclear Iran looms, Shoebat has a dire warning for the West: "ISIS will strive for acquiring nuclear weapons in Pakistan and will get them, its only a matter of time. Assuming even if ISIS doesn't fight for it, there are elements in Pakistan that may sell either nuclear technology or nuclear weapons to ISIS. If ISIS obtains nuclear weapons in Pakistan a new chapter of terrorism will emerge, and ISIS will turn into an invincible force."

For the moment such prospects are nothing more than speculation. But given that ISIS is creeping its way into the dangerous territory of Pakistan combined with the common cause to defeat all things non-Muslim, the prospects are not good if the Islamic State can find a way to access nuclear weapons.

While the media may not be paying attention, we can only hope that Western governments are taking notice.

Bob Taylor has been traveling the world for more than 30 years as a writer and award winning television producer focusing on international events, people and cultures around the globe.. Taylor is founder of The Magellan Travel Club (Magellan Travel Club - Home

Read more of What in the World and Bob Taylor at Communities Digital News. Follow Bob on Twitter @MrPeabod

http://www.commdiginews.com/world-n...ss-to-nuclear-weapons-through-pakistan-30378/

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
CHARLOTTE, N.C., November 25, 2014 – The United States and its Western allies have capitulated to Iran, extending talks designed to limit the Iranian nuclear weapons program.

According to Walid Shoebat, a former Muslim Brotherhood member who has become a major voice against Islamic terrorism, "ISIS now has camped in Pakistan and all across Pakistan" with the black flag of the Islamic State popping up all over the country.

Economic problems and political tensions have made Pakistan even more unstable than usual for the region, making the presence of the Islamic State, which has been confirmed by the Pakistani government, a highly disturbing development.

According to Shoebat, a staggering 98 percent of Pakistanis support Islamic jihad, and they have no qualms about the savagery of ISIS.

As the prospect of a nuclear Iran looms, Shoebat has a dire warning for the West: "ISIS will strive for acquiring nuclear weapons in Pakistan and will get them, its only a matter of time.

Can ISIS get access to nuclear weapons through Pakistan? | Communities Digital News

strange , i thought walid shoebat was some converted evangelist

but even so , his views are apparently taken seriously at the strategic forums ( fora )

Good, call G.I.Joe
Denuclearization of Pork!stan only possible when terrorists are capable of attacking nuclear sites.Then US/NATO with military base around the corner(afg), attack pakistan like 'OBL raid' and Peace be upon India/world :p
nice objectives to have ...... but this is very different from nabbing OBL in abbotabad

this is talking really about taking on a whole country ....ref shoebat's assessment that 98% of packland
supports the violent type of jihad

so the approach will have to be totally non-military ..... until the last stage , that is
.remember that packlanders are physical fighters by nature - let's not kid ourselves
they do have it in them , it's already in their genes .

so bombing and all that droning etc - that kind of stuff is gonna bring about a strong if not swift retaliation
and and i would never rule out an EMP -bomb type attack on the usa britain and even india .

catching hold of this pakland -snake needs a snake -charmer ...... pity because now according to Modi
we have left that old profession to instead become mouse-charmers :rolleyes:

anyway we need to see how serious the usa and NATO are about tackling this matter
we cant do it alone - we will need a quiet coalition -

until that's done it's just a bunch of N:A:T:O . ----- No Action Talk Only

Last edited:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Good, call G.I.Joe

Denuclearization of Pork!stan only possible when terrorists are capable of attacking nuclear sites.Then US/NATO with military base around the corner(afg), attack pakistan like 'OBL raid' and Peace be upon India/world :p

Aaaaha ...... :dancemasti:

A State is always a fragile entity, It always struggles for its existence against opposing forces like enemies, climate, economy etc...etc..., The state is always in a constant battle against any of these forces.

But there is a thing called relative peace :thumb:

Last edited:

Srinivas_K

Country flag

but even so , his views are apparently taken seriously at the strategic forums ( fora )

nice objectives to have ...... but this is very different from nabbing OBL in abbotabad

this is talking really about taking on a whole country ....ref shoebat's assessment that 98% of packland

so the approach will have to be totally non-military ..... until the last stage , that is
.remember that packlanders are physical fighters by nature - let's not kid ourselves

so bombing and all that droning etc - that kind of stuff is gonna bring about a strong if not swift retaliation
and and i would never rule out an EMP -bomb type attack on the usa britain and even india .

catching hold of this pakland -snake needs a snake -charmer ...... pity because now according to Modi
we have left that old profession to instead become mouse-charmers
:rolleyes:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
I have no idea how denuclearization of Pakistan can be achieved. All I know is that it MUST be on the topmost agenda of every right-thinking nation on the planet. India, USA, UK, France, Germany, Japan, Australia - everyone needs to put their heads together, have a massive combined intelligence operation to denuclearize the Pakis. If China has some sense, they would contribute to this mission too, but knowing the affinity China has for having their posterior licked by Pakis, it is more likely that they would just scuttle the program.

Maybe we should start brainstorming at a layman level, the methods that can be used to achieve this aim.

One thing I can think of: photochor AQ Khan and Musharrat are disgraced in Pakistan and are facing myriad troubles of their own. We could probably think of purchasing them by offering them untold wealth and a new secret life in the West, or even in a remote place in India like the hills of Ooty in Tamilnadu or a quiet suburb of the East coast off Vishakapatnam or some such isolated place. Give them and their family untold riches, give them a new identity and pull them out. Extract every ounce of information they can provide us. This can be a first step.

Subsequently we can probably arrange targeted assassinations and shootings of their top nuclear administrators. We can orchestrate attacks on their nuke installations via "non state actors".

Finally, one giant overt push can be given, with attacks on their nuclear installations by drones and stealth aircraft.

Not sure how realistic and feasible this is. But I hope intelligence agencies around the world are putting their heads together, especially Doval.

Once the Pakis are nook-nude, they can have as many Taliban or ISIS as they want, they can do whatever the heck they want to their country, no one will really care anymore.

Illusive

Country flag
If ISIS ever come near to take over pak, India should help pak to remove the threat.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Good but i don't like text book knowledgees :p
That is your assumption, some read the books very fast, very Imaginative and puts the knowledge into practice in no time :cool:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Read it again, i said Text books not books (not all) :rofl:
Text book is also a book !!

It is a different kind of learning which combines every thing, little difficult to explain but practically enough.

Last edited:

I_PLAY_BAD

If ISIS ever come near to take over pak, India should help pak to remove the threat.
Yes, we must wait till the point when Pakistan lost most of its defences and cannot do anything more. Then we must interfere. Because if we interfere while they still have their strength there are chances for a Paki back stabbing and incursion into our territories.

sorcerer

Country flag
Having nukes is different & fire on enemy is different.To be fire u need missiles without missiles u can't carry nuke like chocolate and explode,so they may try suitcase/dirty bombs.

And second thing is terrorists have Maximum one or two chances to explode nukes,after that entire world turn against them and total annihilation of this jihadi faction, who supported and exploded.If i'm a jihadi/jihadi supporter i can't waste my nuke on 3rd world country like India.My enemy Number 1)US 2)Israel 3)India

Dirty bomb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .... i thinks u know but

Note: OBL/AQ tried their level best to attack on US soil after 9/11 but they failed.So their target always US,Isr then Ind.
2)After denuclearization paki macho boys are like somalia/sudan macho boys no one give iota for them.They kill each other peacefully

========== edit
What i described above is 'if nukes fall into ISIS hands this will happen'.So i'm confident that US won't allow it in first place in any circumstance.G.I.Joe: retaliation :lol:
ISIS to smuggle its first nuclear weapon from Pakistan, mulls attack on US: Report
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...-attack-on-us-report/articleshow/47404608.cms

ISIS, the jihadist group in Syria, Iraq and Libya, has claimed it could purchase a nuclear device and transport same to the United States, through a network of countries including Nigeria, up to Mexico.

:D scenarios at play in the media... Good!

sorcerer

Country flag
Having nukes is different & fire on enemy is different.To be fire u need missiles without missiles u can't carry nuke like chocolate and explode,so they may try suitcase/dirty bombs.

And second thing is terrorists have Maximum one or two chances to explode nukes,after that entire world turn against them and total annihilation of this jihadi faction, who supported and exploded.If i'm a jihadi/jihadi supporter i can't waste my nuke on 3rd world country like India.My enemy Number 1)US 2)Israel 3)India

Note: OBL/AQ tried their level best to attack on US soil after 9/11 but they failed.So their target always US,Isr then Ind.
2)After denuclearization paki macho boys are like somalia/sudan macho boys no one give iota for them.They kill each other peacefully

========== edit
What i described above is 'if nukes fall into ISIS hands this will happen'.So i'm confident that US won't allow it in first place in any circumstance.G.I.Joe: retaliation :lol:
ISIS to smuggle its first nuclear weapon from Pakistan, mulls attack on US: Report
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...-attack-on-us-report/articleshow/47404608.cms

ISIS, the jihadist group in Syria, Iraq and Libya, has claimed it could purchase a nuclear device and transport same to the United States, through a network of countries including Nigeria, up to Mexico.

:D scenarios at play in the media... !

sorcerer

Country flag

========== edit

:D scenarios at play in the media... !

Abhijat

Country flag
IMHO Nukes being prized possession of Pakistan army , won't be lost to some non-state actors, unless their is compliance within the army itself.

So, Pakistan for that matter will do everything to protect these assets of theirs.

But, main problem is not with the nukes themselves , but with the fissile material that are being heavily produced in facilities , which may be diverted from chain to some non-state actors as they are more difficult to track .

Also, focus should be on Islamization within the Army ranks , as it may render all conventional sources of non-proliferation obsolete .

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
The problem according to me is two fold
1) Most of the Rank and file of the Pakistan Army and many Junior mid and senior level officers are already under Islamist influence to some extent, collusion by these Soldiers to carry out an internal hijack of a Nuclear Weapon and transport the same to non state actors cannot be discounted.
However that said the 2% of Pakistan that does not support Islamists holds most of the power, the Generals and politicians are all sold on the idea of a westernized life built with dollars they have hoodwinked out of America and stolen from the Pakistani state so it's going to be a difficult proposition for any such internal heist to take place.

2) The prospect of these being stolen by non state actors working by themselves i believe is low, the Pakistani military is one of the most well trained militaries on the planet and quite frankly they're not gonna get bamboozled by some pyjama wearing kalashnikov shaking hoboes!

I_PLAY_BAD

we have left that old profession to instead become mouse-charmers :rolleyes:

anyway we need to see how serious the usa and NATO are about tackling this matter
we cant do it alone - we will need a quiet coalition -

until that's done it's just a bunch of N:A:T:O . ----- No Action Talk Only
Strictly no. Pakistan knows that when its nukes are with terrorists then it is its end.
That is why they are guarding the arsenal with 30,000 defense personnel.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1205878

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
I think so it is going to happen with the help of few disgruntled and officers who dream of Pakistan as keeper of the faith.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles