Camouflages and Uniforms of the Indian Armed Forces, The Past, Present and Future

kurup

Country flag
The COAS and his top Generals are not going to be in the frontline & fight alongside the jawans:shoot:
Where their shiny medals and embellishments can make them easy target of enermy snipers.

I belief this is just a part of the symbolism to set the top officers a cut above the common soldiers. To signify militay hierarchy and stuff. And I don't think we can ever take this away from them. Coz they don't seem to get over it:daru:
COAS from no country goes to frontline yet majority of them have left these symbolism but that has not in anyway affected the heirarchy in those militaries .

ShouvikGhosh

Country flag
COAS from no country goes to frontline yet majority of them have left these symbolism but that has not in anyway affected the heirarchy in those militaries .
Yes, if they are not going to the frontline then what's the point of not wearing any medals & embellishments. :truestory:

ShouvikGhosh

Country flag
And majority of COAS from across the world look like shaggy old people with pot belly & in oversized dress. :pound::pound:
When they are in their combat uniform.
It's very hard to pull of that look if your not in shape.
There would have been more resistant to the new uniform in that case. :cruisin2:

Pazhassiraja

Country flag

Indian Army chief General MM Naravane in the Army's new combat camo:
View attachment 132698
I find something peculiar in this pic... While the camo of COAS looks more brownish/yellowish, the camo of the brigadier at the back looks more greenish, esp. his pants.. The latter is clearly under the shade of the people walking in front.. So is this a uniqueness of this pattern that it changes with respect to light intensity or is it just my guess?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
I find something peculiar in this pic... While the camo of COAS looks more brownish/yellowish, the camo of the brigadier at the back looks more greenish, esp. his pants.. The latter is clearly under the shade of the people walking in front.. So is this a uniqueness of this pattern that it changes with respect to light intensity or is it just my guess?
Seems like, under darker surroundings, the brown patches look darker, blending into the green. The same patches look lighter, more yellow when in a light environment.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Detachable. Worn at peace stations.
Considering in the old uniforms, even when they were outside bases in Kashmir they still wore the collar and shoulder epaulettes/tabs, I don’t have confidence they still won’t wear it outside. Either new ones in dull colours need to be designed or front mounted ones like the rest of the world uses in these kinds of uniforms will need to be adopted.

pipebomb

Country flag
Considering in the old uniforms, even when they were outside bases in Kashmir they still wore the collar and shoulder epaulettes/tabs, I don’t have confidence they still won’t wear it outside. Either new ones in dull colours need to be designed or front mounted ones like the rest of the world uses in these kinds of uniforms will need to be adopted.
Is it true russia and Germany still wear ranks on shoulders ?

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars we have to many rich memebers here who wants Gucci equipment.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Well...
IMG_20220125_204542_691.jpg

Global Defence

New threads

Articles