Camouflages and Uniforms of the Indian Armed Forces, The Past, Present and Future

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
View attachment 132569
View attachment 132571
View attachment 132572
View attachment 132573

UCP-Delta a variant of the original UCP.Just by adding one extra color palette to the original UCP colors. It made the camo pattern much better at camouflaging it’s user. This was tested as last ditch effort to save UCP but that didn’t happen as the US Army officially removed UCP from frontline combat and then completely removed it from service.
Ngl that looks like a good camo for us to rip off,no one practically uses it and its likely good and unique

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
I remember seeing pics of marcos wearing surpat in Kashmir, i could be wrong.
1642523213702.jpeg

1642523782612.jpeg

You are not wrong my mistake. It is hard to keep track of what Camo pattern the different units are wearing because it’s all mixed up everywhere there is no uniformity among the units and forces itself. In the top picture you can see they are using both MARPAT and SURPAT together instead of sticking with one.

Last edited:

pipebomb

Country flag
View attachment 132601
View attachment 132604

You are not wrong my mistake. It is hard to keep track of what Camo pattern the different units are wearing because it’s all mixed up everywhere there is no uniformity among the units and forces itself. In the top picture you can see they are using both MARPAT and SURPAT together instead of sticking with one.
Yes this one, i don't know how much effective it is but it sure is a looker.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Prime example:

View attachment 132052

You keep seeing this semi maroon camo on the new helmets for no reason, which is different from the rest of the camo. I still haven't seen any explanation from the army on why they have a different and weird camo on their MKU helmets.
Looks more like the Army wants to exhaust the remaining stocks of old fabrics before getting the new ones. This camo was the pattern of IA in the 90s, isn't it?

Even in Kargil pics, we can see our troops wearing it:

1642526593771.png

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Looks more like the Army wants to exhaust the remaining stocks of old fabrics before getting the new ones. This camo was the pattern of IA in the 90s, isn't it?

Even in Kargil pics, we can see our troops wearing it:

View attachment 132613
Two years worth of orders for old camo and fabric is already present
The army will only get new pattern uniform at earliest by late 2023

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Two years worth of orders for old camo and fabric is already present
The army will only get new pattern uniform at earliest by late 2023
But isn't the new camo pattern gone to a private company? That would significantly expedite the deliveries, allowing troops to start using them.

Is it not possible for the Army to re-sell the remaining surplus orders to some other country using the pattern? It's easy money or even diplomatic goodwill.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
But isn't the new camo pattern gone to a private company? That would significantly expedite the deliveries, allowing troops to start using them.

Is it not possible for the Army to re-sell the remaining surplus orders to some other country using the pattern? It's easy money or even diplomatic goodwill.
Things are never this easy in India, is it.

OFB babus protesting against giving the contract to private entities because that would mean a huge loss of bribery for them. So they will go to milords and this will stall for next 3 years.

After 5 years, the army will win and issue tender to private companies which then again will take 1-2 years to shortlist the L1 bidders. The L1 bidder will now supply the worst-quality uniform because Army babus took cuts from the private suppliers to get them shortlisted hence their profit margins will be absurdly low.

At last, after 5 years, our soldiers will get the uniforms.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
i dont see the point of comparing the new uniform to the ltte uniform,are you guys blind.serious;y.

also these small changes do not matter in the long run,such as small arms procurement ,etc.these procurements just need to be satisfactory no need to be world beating and should be available in a timely fashion.

what is more importnt is big ticket systems like arty,helicopters,tanks,missiles,etc because they decide the our performance in goals of taking away POK from pakistan and ultimately destroying it notthings such as camo,etc.

lets be cynical and realistic,if the individual soldiers capability is reduced,it wont impact us much as ling we have mass and momentum on our side,what we need is the right big equipment over the other side.

and from my point of view,unless the camo is really bad and horrendous,or your job is that of a sniper,the camo just needs to be passable.body armour,the guns,etc are what counts.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
i dont see the point of comparing the new uniform to the ltte uniform,are you guys blind.serious;y.

also these small changes do not matter in the long run,such as small arms procurement ,etc.these procurements just need to be satisfactory no need to be world beating and should be available in a timely fashion.

what is more importnt is big ticket systems like arty,helicopters,tanks,missiles,etc because they decide the our performance in goals of taking away POK from pakistan and ultimately destroying it notthings such as camo,etc.

lets be cynical and realistic,if the individual soldiers capability is reduced,it wont impact us much as ling we have mass and momentum on our side,what we need is the right big equipment over the other side.

and from my point of view,unless the camo is really bad and horrendous,or your job is that of a sniper,the camo just needs to be passable.body armour,the guns,etc are what counts.
People are colorblind kek , ltte unform is not even similar from far away to the new uniform

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
And faujis are our saviours, good to know that. Now where have i heard it before ?
pak army is stupid because of muzzie syndrome and also pakistan is bad because of its people,the military is just a symptom.those people are the real curse who are filled with islamic cultural influence.

an army composed of a large number of people who are willing to fight for india would serve us well in getting our nationalistic aims through rather than the current way.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
I am inclined to believe these are just stand-alone social media views and not something wide spread, but still its a DANGEROUS slippery slope for a relatively young democracy in a region surrounded by dictatorships.
nothing sacred about democracy,what is paramount is the eventual formation of a landmass that is explicitly and implicitly favouring dharmic influenced culture and people associated with our land and not foreigners and a country that can support an economy and make and research technology that will support our domination wherever we need it.

if democracy comes in the way,change it.india is not democracy,india is bharat.i say this as a nationalist atheist.

ShouvikGhosh

Country flag
Things are never this easy in India, is it.

OFB babus protesting against giving the contract to private entities because that would mean a huge loss of bribery for them. So they will go to milords and this will stall for next 3 years.

After 5 years, the army will win and issue tender to private companies which then again will take 1-2 years to shortlist the L1 bidders. The L1 bidder will now supply the worst-quality uniform because Army babus took cuts from the private suppliers to get them shortlisted hence their profit margins will be absurdly low.

At last, after 5 years, our soldiers will get the uniforms.
It's just a combat uniform for god's sake :smash:
The MoD doesn't give 2 hoots about OFB's opinion. But wait OFB doesn't exist anymore:rofl:

They are just another public sector company why should they get any preferencial treatment.
Reports say there may be multiple suppliers, but even after that the induction will take time. General Ata Hasnain said 3 years max.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Somebody should update that camopedia website

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
As people here have said there are two people on the camo with opinions,ones who like it(aesthetic,efficiency like us)and the people who hate it(bruh its paki uniform copy nibbas and so on)
its a damn camo,get over it,i dont know why people grouch about such silly things,it just does not have to be terrible,it has done its job.

i just need uniformity and speed of induction,other than this.

that too complaining about irrelevant things like whether it looks like paki camo ,even if it like them,so what.

Global Defence

Articles