Camouflages and Uniforms of the Indian Armed Forces, The Past, Present and Future

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
I was actually refering to this camo.

And located in forest.

Need to compare effectiveness with MTP in forest.

View attachment 131945
See the images where both exchange sweets
They are meeting in a forest , there our camo.blends in better
This pak army camo blends perfectly well in deserts of south punjab and sindh

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
So I tried to superimpose the new camo in some surrounding environments. The results are pretty impressive actually.

Each image has depth, which means I can place the camo at different distances from the point of view. I have reduced the brightness of the images to match the brightness of the camo. Per image, I have placed 3 camouflage patterns, each at different depths (distances) from the point of view.

-------------------------------------------------------

Ladakh (Arid desert) :-

I am no photoshop expert so blending is not accurate. In real world, it will be at least 30% more blended.

Other terrains coming up shortly...

LaIllahaSigmar

Country flag
So I tried to superimpose the new camo in some surrounding environments. The results are pretty impressive actually.

Each image has depth, which means I can place the camo at different distances from the point of view. I have reduced the brightness of the images to match the brightness of the camo. Per image, I have placed 3 camouflage patterns, each at different depths (distances) from the point of view.

-------------------------------------------------------

Ladakh (Arid desert) :-

I am no photoshop expert so blending is not accurate. In real world, it will be at least 30% more blended.

Other terrains coming up shortly...

If possible ,post old camo, and the MTP like one IA evaluated also for comparison.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Good. At least it still looks different. From some of the previous photos I was afraid it would take on the same arid look that the paki camo has. Let's not forget that Olive Green vs khakhi is part of the recurring symbolism between the Indian Army and the Pakistan Army. Even the later jungle camo on our side and arid camo on theirs maintained the overall theme of Green vs Khakhi.

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
As i thought. PA camo looks cool but not suited anywhere except for Desert/Arid. IA camo does not look cool but get the job done in tropical jungle, decidious and even in arid regions like ladakh. As always PA PR wins. ISPR was involved in PA camo design i guess:troll: On a serious note, i would like IA to have another camo for Rajasthan region

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
On the note of uniforms what do you guys think Indian Army will do with the General Duty Service Dress and Ceremonials uniforms? Will the Indian Army change it or keep the old ones?

Adrian Corvus

Country flag
On the note of uniforms what do you guys think Indian Army will do with the General Duty Service Dress and Ceremonials uniforms? Will the Indian Army change it or keep the old ones?
I suppose that's going to change too.
Anyhoo we'll get to know what's changed into what in the parade now...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles