Camouflages and Uniforms of the Indian Armed Forces, The Past, Present and Future

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Man the entire comment section is filled with idiots saying it looks like pakis camo it is inspired from the pakis 😑😑
What if it actually is?🤔
This could be a Sign from BJPigs and Mudi Ji
He wants us to operate with Pakis seemlessly once we take back our lands
Remember this?
Hehehee :megusta: :pound:

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Has it been decided if it will be tucked in out not? Just when units were getting combat tshirts in the present camo, the camo has been changed. How effective will this camo be in jungles of NE and JK?
Ya'll Nibbiars never the Pakistan style.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
I think its has finally been time to say good bye to our old camo served us well arigato

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Has it been decided if it will be tucked in out not? Just when units were getting combat tshirts in the present camo, the camo has been changed. How effective will this camo be in jungles of NE and JK?
Tucked out is better no tucked in and ranks should be on the chest. This is current global standard in military uniforms.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Exactly, and I wish they retain the ranks on the shoulders with tucked in uniforms
Just because Porkis did it first doesn’t mean they own that style. It was introduced by Western Militaries porkis simply copied it to look modern. just because Porkis use MP5s doesn’t mean India should stop the use of MP5s. India could have been the first one to adopt the US BDU style uniform but military leaders in India chose not to and let porkis do it and now ended up as last country to adopt a modern looking uniform in the Indian Subcontinent. Many countries around the world including enemies of the west use US/Western BDU style uniforms.

Last edited:

Mangal

Country flag
There was a pic of joint Indo US exercise where in most of people missed US troops in the pic despite the fact that they were just adjacent to Indian troops. Does anyone has idea which camo pattern was that? And how much different this camo is from the one which is being used by US troops?
Hope someone finds that pic as I am unable to do so.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Just because Porkis did it first doesn’t mean they own that style. It was introduced by Western Militaries porkis simply copied it to look modern. just because Porkis use MP5s doesn’t mean India should stop the use of MP5s. Many countries around the world including enemies of the west use US/Western BDU style uniforms.
Nothing to do with the pakistanis, I just don't like that tucked out uniform, looks kind of cheap to me. And the c4 which has the rank in the front looked sort of ugly to me

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Nothing to do with the pakistanis, I just don't like that tucked out uniform, looks kind of cheap to me. And the c4 which has the rank in the front looked sort of ugly to me
I respect your opinion about tucked out uniform but Tucked in to me feels old like it’s from the 1960s and 1970s. Since majority of the armed forces around the world are going with tucked out uniforms India should also adopt it to match global military standards. The ranks on C4 looks ugly because of the way Indian Army created it. The US/UK style chest ranks is the one Indian Army should adopt with subdued Formation Badges, Qualification Badges and Flag Badge that blend in with the Camo and uniform.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles