Camouflages and Uniforms of the Indian Armed Forces, The Past, Present and Future

Jimih

Country flag
please stop degrading our armed forces...it is hard to earn even your "so called College farewell" uniform
here is our Tollywood hunk struggling in BSF training... who are we then?

There was nothing degrading in my post.

This is 2021.

ketaki

Country flag
this former US Army vet says wearing three different types of camo during his mission made him look like RAGDOLL soldier... watch from 1:40

somebody tell him about Indian Armed Forces :megusta: :megusta: :megusta: :megusta: :megusta: :megusta: :megusta: :megusta: :megusta:

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
please stop degrading our armed forces...it is hard to earn even your "so called College farewell" uniform
here is our Tollywood hunk struggling in BSF training... who are we then?

While BSF Jawans undergo a very rigorous and physically demanding training process, ever since the limelight has gone off them, they’ve begun slipping as they’ve slowed down their modernisation after purchasing high end surveillance equipment and replacing Sterling SMGs with Berreta MX4s, they’ve forgotten about everything else like helmets and bullet proof vests) their present uniform worked well in the Punjab and desert regions for a good 20 years but now there are better alternatives, they stick out as sore thumbs in Kashmir and the Bangladesh frontiers. At present the limelight is on CRPF and ITBP so it’s best they make the best of it. Even their firearms training has slipped over the years, they’re using the old Soviet chicken hand technique more and more and always resting guns on their shoulders which is bad trait for a force that should always be alert.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Its not something the IA is planning to adopt. These must have been the ones we emergency purchased from USA last year after Chinese mobilization. There is barely a couple of companies in India that make Cold Weather Clothing in India. Which is the sole reason why they are in UCP camo. Funnily enough, I came across a Parliamentary Committee on Defence's report of 2019-20 where they were discussing the lack of indigenization and foreign dependence in cold weather clothing for super-high altitude. That was just before the Chinese mobilized in Ladakh.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Last edited:

Dharmic_Crusader

Country flag

I'm really digging the Norwegian Camo.. there's a point at around 12:06-12:15, where the soldiers almost go invisible and literally mix with the terrain. I don't know if it's the camera effect, but it took me a whole minute to realize where each member of the unit was... the Norwegians really did a stellar job at picking their camo that best suits their environment

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles