Bumper investment comes calling from Qatari Prince

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
The government may be inviting the Americans, Chinese and Japanese to invest in India, but just one person is ready to put in Rs 1 lakh crore over the next five years. Enthused with the new government's spirited approach towards new investment, Prince of Qatar Sheikh Hamad Bin Nasser A A Al-Thani, member of the ruling family, is looking at investing the sum in at least 10 smart cities. The 51-year-old Qatari prince has already tied up with a 31-year-old Delhi-based businessman Mitesh Sharma for taking the investment forward through projects in real estate, sea ports and airports, besides smart cities. According a person working for Sheikh Hamad, the two have recently registered a company, NRS Enterprise Pvt Ltd, in India through which the investment would be routed. "PM Narendra Modi's ambitious 'smart cities' project has caught the attention of the Prince. The investment will be made over the next five years," said the person. The investment announcement came after the two partners met Chandrababu Naidu, chief minister, Andhra Pradesh, on November 22 and Akhilesh Yadav, chief minister, Uttar Pradesh on November 20. The focus of this huge investment is on ten smart-city projects in a first phase, besides investment power, solar energy, infrastructure development, healthcare and education. They are aiming for the first project to take off by February-March 2015. The Union government has decided to support the development of 100 smart cities in the country. According to the High Power Expert Committee (HPEC) on Investment Estimates in urban infrastructure has assessed a Per Capita Investment Cost of Rs 43,386 for a 20-year period. Their estimates cover water supply, sewerage, sanitation and transportation.

Read more:
Bumper investment comes calling from Qatari Prince | Business Standard News

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Irrespective of how much this Qatari prince brings in, I hope he brings in al-jazeera along with him. We need some international news channels on our side like China has BBC on their side.

pmaitra

Irrespective of how much this Qatari prince brings in, I hope he brings in al-jazeera along with him. We need some international news channels on our side like China has BBC on their side.
Where are you getting this from?

China recently banned BBC for their incessant propaganda.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Where are you getting this from?

China recently banned BBC for their incessant propaganda.
BBC world channel started a month long advertisement "made in China" campaign two days after modi announced his "make in india" campaign. This campaign had a whole four minute segment on a daily basis with interviews, analysis et all.

BBC was banned on the mainland for three days, there are limits any channel cannot cross. BBC showed Hong Kong protests on that day. There are lines you don't cross with chinese, showing Hong Kong protests was one of them.

Our "make in india" campaign consists only of that 20 second graphics ad and it barely gets mentioned now a days in the international press.

pmaitra

BBC world channel started a month long advertisement "made in China" campaign two days after modi announced his "make in india" campaign. This campaign had a whole four minute segment on a daily basis with interviews, analysis et all.

BBC was banned on the mainland for three days, there are limits any channel cannot cross. BBC showed Hong Kong protests on that day. There are lines you don't cross with chinese, showing Hong Kong protests was one of them.

Our "make in india" campaign consists only of that 20 second graphics ad and it barely gets mentioned now a days in the international press.
Ok, and still, I think that BBC is not on the side of China.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Ok, and still, I think that BBC is not on the side of China.
As of now I have to differ with you on that, I am not seeing anything otherwise.

Will definitely let the forum members know when I start seeing a trend that BBC moving away from chinese propaganda.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Take the money but its Qatar. Have to keep an eye on this terror funding state
My opinion on Qatar is that they have decided to become a player on international stage. Being such a small country they can do only so much. So they are trying to have fingers in all the pies available, some times in opposing sides. Al-jaZeera , football World Cup are all part of the same strategy.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles