Buddha was a Scythian Arian of Budins in Ancient Ukraine: Scholar

S.A.T.A

Buddha was a Scythian Arian of Budins in Ancient Ukraine: scholar

Moscow, Mar 15 : Valery Bebik, a prominent scholar of political science in the former Soviet Republic of Ukraine, has claimed that Buddha, the founder of Buddhism, belonged to the Scythian nation of Budins that lived on the territory of Ancient Ukraine during the first or second millennium B C.

Bebik has published the sensational article in the official newspaper of the Ukrainian Parliament, 'The Voice of Ukraine.' Bebik is Doctor of Political Sciences, a professor, deputy principal of Ukraine University, the chairman of the board of the All-Ukrainian Association of Political Sciences.

''It is quite possible that Buddha belonged to the Scythian nation of Budins that lived on the territory of Ancient Ukraine during the first or the second millennium BC. The name of the nation is still preserved in the names of Ukraine’s contemporary settlements-Seredina-Buda, Buda, and some others,'' he said.

''Everything is clear from the ethnic point of view. Buddha was a Scythian Arian, a member of the Budin tribe. The descendants of the tribe still live in the Sumsky and the Chernigov region of Ukraine, as well as on the neighbouring lands of Belarus and Russia,'' he said.

Bebik earlier also published a number of his articles in the official newspaper of the Ukrainian Parliament.

He wrote his previous articles for the paper to 'prove' the remarkable role of the Ukrainian civilization, which endowed the world with spiritual enlightenment, outstanding prophets, philosophers and leaders.

In 2008-2009, the Ukrainian professor shared his amazing observations of Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece and the ethnic origin of Jesus Christ.

''The name of Egypt's major temple, Het-ka-Ptah, sounds very much like Ukrainian words 'hata' and 'ptaha' ('house' and 'bird').

The pictures on the Egyptian pyramids show that Egyptian queens were blonde women with blue eyes, just like many Ukrainian women. One should also pay attention to the fact that the trident, which is currently the minor national emblem of Ukraine, can often be seen there too,'' he wrote.

''We have already outlined the facts that placed in question the official, the church version of the ethnic origin and the Biblical dates of the life of Jesus Christ and the historical epoch, in which the basis of Christianity was formed. It looks like Christ actually lived 3,000 years before his canonical birth and spoke the Coptic language, which is a close language to the ancestors of contemporary Ukrainians,'' the scholar wrote.

--- UNI

Pintu

SATA, I think this findings will not sustain for long. It has big loopholes in logic.

Pintu

'It is quite possible that Buddha belonged to the Scythian nation of Budins that lived on the territory of Ancient Ukraine during the first or the second millennium BC. The name of the nation is still preserved in the names of Ukraine’s contemporary settlements-Seredina-Buda, Buda, and some others,''
So Buda means Buddha, he thinks it any way ?

Before, coming to this point he should know 'Sanskrit' , what 'Buddha' actually means. Buddha comes from the word 'Bodhi' that means 'enlightenment' and Buddha means 'who is enlightened' ?

If by argument we shall take that Lord Buddha was an Aryan in his 'Purbashrama' belonging to Ukraine, then on which logic he travels so far in India, Lord Buddha, can teach his principle to the people of that area. He simply has no answer to this logic.

If one has to claim some thing he will have to close the area of counter claim by the logic. Then he has give Logic that why Kapilabastu can not be called as Lord Buddha's birth place. He simply did not walk in that way.

And after reading his stunning findings on Ancient Egyptian People , I would like to say that all he is doing for mere publicity .

Flint

I've read a lot of other stuff from Ukranian nationalists - about how Ramayana is Ukranian etc.

This stuff is quite similar to some of the articles published by RSS ideologues.

S.A.T.A

Gautama's place of origin is far from accurately settled,serious scholarship have it located in interior India and as fa as eastern Iran.

I agree this is Ukrainian nationalist brouhaha,akin to what you find here in the Hindutva circles.You have to remember that traditional scholarship has placed the putative Urheimat of the proto-Indo-Europeans,the supposed progenator of all Eurasian bronze civilizations(from central Europe-India),somewhere in the Pontic-Caspian steppes,esp in the Ukrainian parts.

They see themselves as the cradle of civilization.

Flint

^Tejo Mahalya, was that? Laughable. But its not surprising that you still have huge followers of these racial theories, after all the Iranians are the true aryans rite? I wonder what happens when an Iranian and a Ukranian nationalist get a drink together.

Pintu

I think you are right SATA, for the Aryan myth, I would say that Late Bankim Chandra Chattopadhya famous Bengali writer ( 1838 - 1894 ) commented that the European historians of 19 th Century assumed all of Aryans as like them such as if Writer's own eyes are blue and he/she is blond, he/she wrote all the Aryan's eyes were blue and they were blond.

S.A.T.A

^Tejo Mahalya, was that? Laughable. But its not surprising that you still have huge followers of these racial theories, after all the Iranians are the true aryans rite? I wonder what happens when an Iranian and a Ukrainian nationalist get a drink together.
That would be P N Oak and Co......The Ukrainian and Iranian ultra nationalist are an interesting lot,atleast Indian ultra nationalist have the support of the antiquity of the Indian ethnic group,but its a well known fact that the presence of the Slavic population group in Ukraine if of recent antiquity(probably from around 6th or 7th CE)hence cannot claim any continuity from the putative archaic IE(or PIE)........

The same with the Iranians,large majority of the modern Iranians,esp those that live in the north western districts including Tehran(and those we often seen on the TV)are basically ethnic Azeri Turks(more closely related to Turks in Anatolia/Turkey)who migrated from Azerbaijan in the 14th and 15th CE.......

kranshteun

Well I am Ukrainian and I love history and Archeology. I have a Law Degree but working on my Engineering degree also:) During my teenage years I was a member of Crimean Archeological Society and spent many days digging:) The subject of Ukrainian ancestry, as the subject of the past of modern day Russia, Bulgaria and other countries around the Black Sea Basin, is much larger than just comparison of the names and words from Egyptian sources.
While I am not siding with any of the theories about the connection between ancient Slavs and many modern nations, I still can not dismiss many interesting facts.
1) Many words in Sanskrit look and sound just like many Ukrainian and Russian words.
2) Histories of Herodotus do not provide any clear information as to what was Scythia as regards to modern world. In other words, his records, as interesting as they are, should not be taken at their face value. After all, Greeks were not the smartest people of the past but they surely were a very proud nation.
3) Many mounds in Ukraine and Russia have been excavated and believed to belong to ether Sarmatians or Scythians who in fact could have belonged to the same peoples. Many of their great golden ornaments, considered to be some of the greatest examples of ancient craftsmanship, depict scenes from every day lives of those peoples. All men wear trousers that were used by Russians and Ukrainians from old times up to the 19th century, when modern fashion changed the way they dressed. Faces of many people look just like some people from Ukraine and their connection and dedication to horse culture is just like the traditions of Ukrainian Cossacks and their nomadic traditions.
4) There is a modern book about Celts and their migrations (I will update the name and author later) where it is easy to see that the "animal" style of Scythia is almost identical to that of the Early European Celts. In fact, Celts came into Europe from the Lower reaches of Volga River and north of the Black Sea.
While these facts and theories do not tell the whole story, they pose a question - how are many modern nations connected? As time passes nations undergo many changes and, sometimes, the descendants of certain peoples can not even tell if they have anything in common with their supposed ancestors. And sometimes, historians make mistakes trying to place nations of the past in specific order in chronology(chronology itself can be questioned): just like they say that "This tribe was absorbed by that tribe; these peoples were displaced by those ones".
To be continued...

pmaitra

Probably not quite related, but can anyone tell how Buddhism spread to Kalmykia, a republic in the Russian Federation?

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Probably not quite related, but can anyone tell how Buddhism spread to Kalmykia, a republic in the Russian Federation?
Probably via Mongol tribes who migrated to the region.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Pan-Ukrainian BS... they are so unhappy with their little world they have claim the rest of it. :pound:

kranshteun

Pan-Ukrainian BS... they are so unhappy with their little world they have claim the rest of it. :pound:
Some Ukrainians are like that yes, but a very small minority. Every nation has its own share of die hard patriots who sometimes go to far. Your comment, I suspect, has been influenced by Russians or something you read. In the end, "Our little world" is not so little and we are very happy in it :)
Best regards!

P.S. French sure had no ambitions to posess the world:)

kranshteun

I had no idea we had so many Ukrainian members on this forum.
You know, I just dropped in when I found this blog about the Scythians and Arians. I do not support any of the wilde theories about the Arians and their connection to India, but it is a subject worth talking about.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Hey, welcome! I did a thesis on Estonia's economic liberalization this year as part of a course on Ukrainian economic studies, and I must say I'm fascinated with (both) countries :). Too bad our deep ties with Russia have often precluded relations with Ukraine, especially in the post-Soviet era but now as we internationalize more and attempt to strike a balance between both camps we shall hopefully have more to do with each other. Stick around long enough and hopefully, we'll get a chance to talk about Ukraine's economic liberalization and performance on the Economics sub-forum.

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
You know, I just dropped in when I found this blog about the Scythians and Arians. I do not support any of the wilde theories about the Arians and their connection to India, but it is a subject worth talking about.
Good. I assume most Ukrainians are not very interested in some place very far away like India, even though our histories are more connected than people think :)

The Scythians and Aryans are probably related, and both have their origins in Central Asia. In around 2000-1500 B.C.E., there began the great migrations, when two distinct "groups" emerged from one: the Indo-Aryans and the Iranians. The Indo-Aryans are probably a mix of Central Asian people and the Harappan people of the Indus Valley. In 1500 B.C.E. they began settling in modern-day India, and most modern-day Indians are descended from this group.

The other group, the Iranians, had several sub-groups. One was the "real" Iranians, known to West as Persians, who lived in Iran. Other sub-groups were the Pashtuns of Afghanistan, the Balochis, the ancestors of modern-day Central Asian people like Tajiks, and of course the Scythians. The Scythians were great horsemen who migrated west into the steppes of southern Russia (Volga region) and Ukraine. It is said that, in the eighth century B.C.E., a Scythian king invaded south across the Caucasus and destroyed the kingdoms of the Middle East.

However, by the time of Buddha was born, the seperation of the two groups was complete. The Buddha was undoubtedly born in India, and most likely of Indo-Aryan race, as most Indians are. The commonality you observe between Slavic languages and Sanskrit is due to the ancient connection between the two groups, a millennia before the Buddha's time.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Some Ukrainians are like that yes, but a very small minority. Every nation has its own share of die hard patriots who sometimes go to far. Your comment, I suspect, has been influenced by Russians or something you read. In the end, "Our little world" is not so little and we are very happy in it :)
Best regards!
I have been influenced by personal experience. I am no stranger to Kyiv, its economics, or its women. Wages and living conditions are rather pathetic, even for an Eastern European country. Single mothers/women are everywhere, living in one room flats where electricity is considered a luxury. I have been approached by so many I lost count. You show them a good time, try to avoid conversation about their life and never ask for them to take you home, go to your hotel. They will reward you... just watch out for those looking to have your baby. I actually have argued about them not wanting me to use a rubber... I was like, you are CRAZY! The economics are so bad it is really sad how defeated so many are... they are a good people.

P.S. French sure had no ambitions to posess the world:)
French is the official language in 30 countries and 14 territories. We do not half to dream of our mark on the world, evidence is all around us. Ukraine's military only recently stopped using Russian as the operational language.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles