BSF arrests nine Pakistanis in Sir Creek

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag

New Delhi: The Border Security Force (BSF) on Monday caught nine Pakistanis from within the Indian territory, in Sir Creek along the coast of Gujarat.

The nine Pakistanis were nabbed along with a small boat, which has been seized. BSF personnel are trying to ascertain whether the nine are fisherman or terrorists trying to infiltrate into India through Gujarat waters.

Sir Creek is a 96 km long strip of water in the Rann of Kutch marshlands and figures in the list of disputed territories between India and Pakistan. It divides Gujarat’s Kutch region from Pakistan’s Sindh province.

Both Indian and Pakistani forces frequently arrest fishermen from the two countries from the area as the latter cross over to the other country’s territory in the absence of clear boundaries.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Two suspected Afghan nationals held

KOLKATA: Two persons, suspected to be Afghan nationals, were remanded to police custody for five days at Islampur in West Bengal’s Uttar Dinajpur district on Sunday. The duo was arrested in a raid on Saturday, Superintendent of Police Shankar Singh said. They were unable to produce valid identification papers, Mr.Singh said. While one of them was certainly from Afghanistan, the other said he was born here.

The Hindu : Front Page : Two suspected Afghan nationals held

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
6 Balochis among 9 Pak intruders held in Kutch
TNN 19 August 2009, 05:16am IST

BHUJ: In what is further raising suspicion about the intentions of the nine Pakistani infiltrators, who were caught on Monday in Kutch, six of them are said to be natives of Balochistan. This, official sources said, was unusual because most fishermen captured in this area are from Sindh.

The nine intruders were taken to the Joint Interrogation Cell in Bhuj on Tuesday. The water wing of BSF had lodged a complaint at Dayapar police station in Lakhpat taluka after they arrested the intruders for moving suspiciously near the 250-MW Akarimota power plant of Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation near Nani Chher village of Kutch district.

Kutch SP Wabang Jamir said, ‘‘It’s too early to say anything. Preliminary interrogation revealed that six of them are Baloch and hence we’re concerned. We will be able to tell more after further interrogation.’’ According to police, the group of men started from Buddhu port near Karachi. Baloch aren’t traditionally fishermen and the authorities aren’t buying their story that they were out for fishing.

6 Balochis among 9 Pak intruders held in Kutch - India - NEWS - The Times of India

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009

New Delhi: The Border Security Force (BSF) on Monday caught nine Pakistanis from within the Indian territory, in Sir Creek along the coast of Gujarat.

The nine Pakistanis were nabbed along with a small boat, which has been seized. BSF personnel are trying to ascertain whether the nine are fisherman or terrorists trying to infiltrate into India through Gujarat waters.

Sir Creek is a 96 km long strip of water in the Rann of Kutch marshlands and figures in the list of disputed territories between India and Pakistan. It divides Gujarat’s Kutch region from Pakistan’s Sindh province.

Both Indian and Pakistani forces frequently arrest fishermen from the two countries from the area as the latter cross over to the other country’s territory in the absence of clear boundaries.
All ready posted
http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/war-terror/92-indias-war-against-terror-bulletins-briefs-10.html

We have a thread on War on Terror. So kindly don't create any new thread.

NSG_Blackcats

Has it been confirmed that those were terrorists or fishermen ?
What difference does it make? They are arrested on Indian soil and they are Pakistanis. If you are interested in opening a thread for every arrest made in border areas, please go ahead. I am just a member not moderator. It was a request of mine.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
What difference does it make? They are arrested on Indian soil and they are Pakistanis. If you are interested in opening a thread for every arrest made in border areas, please go ahead. I am just a member not moderator. It was a request of mine.
Easy my friend , it makes a difference ,we are having border with them and even ours fishermen some times over cross . If they are innocent , it really makes a huge difference .

NSG_Blackcats

Easy my friend , it makes a difference ,we are having border with them and even ours fishermen some times over cross . If they are innocent , it really makes a huge difference .
I agree. If that is the case; this news should go to our monthly news and event thread. Anyway, it is my opinion. You have every right to disagree.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
I agree. If that is the case; this news should go to our monthly news and event thread. Anyway, it is my opinion. You have every right to disagree.
I do respect urs opinion but this case is quite fishy because 6 out of 9 are Balouchs . thats why i asked has it been confirmed they are fishermen or not .

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
1st kill them then talk.....
these bloody BSF assholes take Rs10 4m every intruders 4m Bangladesh,
a BSF jawan told me abt that, i put my head in my A** ,
i felt proud of my BSF,
but they were allowing terrorists 4 just Rs 10 into India....
What if those are innocents ? U dont live close to the border but we do have a border and its open , if both countries started to first kill and talk in this many innocents will die without any reason .

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Pak repatriates Indian woman

STAFF WRITER 20:22 HRS IST
Amritsar, Aug 19 (PTI) An Indian woman, sentenced in Pakistan three years ago, was handed over to the Indian authorities by the Pakistani side after completion of her jail term.

Amtul Begum (70) was set free by Pakistan today when she was handed over to BSF at the joint check post at the International Border in Attari.

A resident of New Delhi, Begum went to Pakistan in 2006 but was detained by the Pakistan Immigration at Wagah after Rs 2.44 lakh in fake currency was recovered from her, though it was not clear whether the counterfeit currency was Indian or Pakistani.

She was sentenced by a court there and her jail term ended on July 3 this year.

fullstory

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Hyd police arrest 8 illegal immigrants from Myanmar

Updated on Thursday, August 20, 2009, 22:55 IST Tags:Hyderabad, illegal immigrants, Myanmar

Hyderabad: Eight illegal immigrants from Myanmar, who were staying in Hyderabad for the last few years, were arrested, a senior police officer said.

Sleuths of Commissioner's Task Force held the Myanmarese nationals in the age group of 18-35 from a hotel at Bahadurpura during anti-sabotage checks in view of the coming Ganesh festival, Task Force DCP V B Kamalasan Reddy said.

The illegal immigrants had entered India by crossing the border near Ketiliya in Manipur without any documentation and checking. They moved to Hyderabad and were staying here since long, he explained.

"One Mohammed Anwar, who is also an illegal immigrant of Myanmar and came to Hyderabad about 15 years back, encouraged the illegal immigration and helped settle and work as daily labourers in Kishanbagh," the police officer said.

"After ascertaining their nationality and illegal entry into India, we are handing over them to Bahadurpura Police for taking necessary action under Foreigners Act 1946," he added.

Bureau Report

Hyd police arrest 8 illegal immigrants from Myanmar

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Arrested Pak nationals likely to undergo narco test

Updated on Friday, August 21, 2009, 23:07 IST Tags:pak nationals, narco test, Arrest

Ahmedabad: The nine Pakistani nationals who were arrested by the Border Security Force (BSF) early this week are likely to undergo lie detector (polygraph) and narco analysis test, police said on Friday.

"The interrogation of the nine men is on at the Joint Interrogation Centre (JIC) by various intelligence agencies. Since not much information is coming out, we would also go for lie detection and Narco test," Kutch Superintendent of Police Wabang Jamir told agency.

"The final decision for conducting the tests will be taken only after the interrogation is complete," he said.

Jamir said that they would go step by step and first conduct the lie detection test and if needed would go for the narco analysis test.

The nine persons belong to a place called Thatta in Sindh province of Pakistan. While six are from the same family, three others are also related to each other.

BSF officials had apprehended the nine men at the Creek area in the western part of Kutch and seized their boat on Monday foiling their bid to infiltrate into India.

The operation was carried out following intelligence report that some people from Pakistan were planning to intrude into the country.

Arrested Pak nationals likely to undergo narco test

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Kiran Bedi appeals to release Sarabjit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advertisement
Share Print E-mail Comment[ - ] Text [ + ]STAFF WRITER 21:39 HRS IST
Jaipur, Aug 22 (PTI) First IPS lady of the country Kiran Bedi today appealed to Pakistan to release Sarabjit Singh, Indian death row prisoner and urged the Centre and UNO to intervene into the matter.

"UNO and the Government of India should intervene into the matter to get Sarabjit Singh released from Pakistan," she said on the occasion and added that talks in this regard should be initiated to save Sarabjit's life.

Bedi was here to launch a taxi service and signed a memorandum addressed to the UNO in this regard.

A Jaipur-based social worker Sandeep Gupta would submit the memorandum to UNO next week.

Sarabjit Singh was convicted for his alleged involvement in 1990 serial blasts in Lahore and Multan in which 14 people were killed.

fullstory

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
India repatriates 175 stranded B’deshis from Andaman jails

Updated on Monday, August 24, 2009, 19:39 IST Tags:India, repatriates stranded B’deshis, Andaman jails

Dhaka: India on Monday repatriated 175 stranded Bangladeshis languishing in Andaman jails since their rescue from sea eight months ago from a sinking boat by the Indian coastguard, officials said today.

A foreign office statement in Dhaka said two Bangladeshi diplomats accompanied the 175 people from Andaman jail to Benapole-Petrapole port here.

Andaman police and Indian Reserve Battalion personnel handed over the stranded Bangladeshis to officials in presence of International Red Crescent officials as additional district magistrate and police superintendent of Jessore received them, officials said.

A Foreign Ministry spokesman said most of the rescued hailed from Cox's Bazar and Chittagong area and they would immediately be sent to their respective villages.

Indian coastguards rescued at least 300 people from near-death from a sinking engine-less boat in December 2008 as they were forced aboard and set adrift with scanty amount of food and drink allegedly by Thailand navy after they made an abortive attempt to go to Malaysia in search of jobs.

The immigrants told newspersons that at least 19 Bangladeshis died due to starvation and dehydration in the sea until the Indian coastguards rescued them.

They added that at least 150 Bangladeshis were still languishing at Andaman jails for want of official confirmation of their identity.

Bureau Report

India repatriates 175 stranded B?deshis from Andaman jails

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Bangladeshi nationals held

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advertisement
Share Print E-mail Comment[ - ] Text [ + ]STAFF WRITER 14:56 HRS IST
Malda (WB), Aug 31 (PTI) Thirteen Bangladeshi nationals were held and a tout allegedly taking them to work in Punjab was arrested, BSF sources said.

Acting on a tip off, BSF personnel arrested them from a bus on NH-34 this morning, DIG, BSF of Malda sector PS Tomer said.

A tout taking them to Punjab was also arrested.

fullstory

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Two Bangladeshi nationals nabbed in Assam

Updated on Wednesday, September 02, 2009, 15:27 IST Tags:Bangladeshi, nationals, nabbed, Assam

Karimganj (Assam): Two suspected Bangladeshi nationals were on Monday nabbed by security forces in Assam's Karimganj district, official sources said.

BSF personnel patrolling along the border apprehended the duo from Badarpur Kandigram village of the district.

The duo have been identified as Haroon Ahmed and Bablu Ahmed, they said, adding the two were later handed over to the police.

Electronic goods worth Rs 66,000 and some Bangladeshi currency was recovered from their possession, sources added.

Bureau Report

Two Bangladeshi nationals nabbed in Assam

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Pakistani national gets jail term for spying
PTI 3 September 2009, 06:43pm IST

NEW DELHI: A Delhi court on Thursday sentenced a Pakistani national to four and half years of imprisonment for spying for the intelligence agency of the neighbouring country. The court also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on Mohd Saeed after holding him guilty under the various provisions of the Official Secrets Act.

"The accused was found in possession of a vital document which in the hands of the enemy state would have been of some use to target the defence manoeuvres in our country," Additional Session judge Dharmesh Sharma said.

He also ordered deportation of the convict as soon as he completes his sentence. The Special Cell of Delhi police had arrested Saeed, who belongs to Lahore, in March 8, 2005, from Gokulpuri locality here, allegedly in possession of a photocopy of the map of Bhatinda cantonment and other defence-related secret documents and a telephone directory.

He had allegedly disclosed having links with the ISI of Pakistan and having received regular instruction from his handlers there.

Pakistani national gets jail term for spying - India - NEWS - The Times of India

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I-G,

Can we know why you are highlighting the names in red?. Is there any agenda behind this?.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles