Britain Is Planning To Have Its First Ever All Sikh Regiment

sorcerer

Country flag

UK's armed forces minster Mark Francois has told the House of Commons that the head of the British army lieutenant general Sir Nicholas Carter is looking at proposals to recreate a Sikh regiment which would inherit many of the "proud traditions of Sikh regiments".

Responding to a MP who suggested that UK should have a Sikh regiment, Mr Francois said "With regard to your specific suggestion, can I say that you are one of a number of Members of Parliament who have raised this suggestion with me recently. We have passed this possibility on to the chief of the general staff (CGS), who is now looking at this issue and we are awaiting CGS's comments back. But the idea may well have merit".

Speaking during defence questions, Conservative former defence minister Sir Nicholas Soames urged ministers to "do away with political correctness" and raise a Sikh regiment, reports TNN.

The Mid Sussex MP told Francois "You will be aware of the extraordinary gallant and distinguished service by Sikhs to this country down the generations. Would you not agree with me that it's high time to do away with the political correctness which infects some of this thinking and actually raise a Sikh regiment to serve in the country and make up a very serious gap in our armed forces?".

Mr Francois further commented "There seems to be much more possibility within the reserves to begin what seems like an excellent idea. We've looked at one specific option, or are looking, at the possibility of a reserve company — not least one which would inherit many of the proud traditions of Sikh regiments going back through many years in the British Army".

Conservative Rory Stewart, chairman of the Defence Select Committee also asked Francois to look at a Sikh company within the reserves "as a starting point".

In 2007, the MoD had scrapped a similar plan to start a Sikh regiment after the Commission for Racial Equality advised it could be seen as divisive and amounted to "segregation".

The latest manning figures show the Armed Forces have around 160 Sikhs in their ranks, including 130 in the Army.

Read more: http://hindi.sputniknews.com/world/20150224/1013558792.html#ixzz3SgRQLCjT
===

Theres more than what we see..is there?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

UK's armed forces minster Mark Francois has told the House of Commons that the head of the British army lieutenant general Sir Nicholas Carter is looking at proposals to recreate a Sikh regiment which would inherit many of the "proud traditions of Sikh regiments".

Responding to a MP who suggested that UK should have a Sikh regiment, Mr Francois said "With regard to your specific suggestion, can I say that you are one of a number of Members of Parliament who have raised this suggestion with me recently. We have passed this possibility on to the chief of the general staff (CGS), who is now looking at this issue and we are awaiting CGS's comments back. But the idea may well have merit".

Speaking during defence questions, Conservative former defence minister Sir Nicholas Soames urged ministers to "do away with political correctness" and raise a Sikh regiment, reports TNN.

The Mid Sussex MP told Francois "You will be aware of the extraordinary gallant and distinguished service by Sikhs to this country down the generations. Would you not agree with me that it's high time to do away with the political correctness which infects some of this thinking and actually raise a Sikh regiment to serve in the country and make up a very serious gap in our armed forces?".

Mr Francois further commented "There seems to be much more possibility within the reserves to begin what seems like an excellent idea. We've looked at one specific option, or are looking, at the possibility of a reserve company — not least one which would inherit many of the proud traditions of Sikh regiments going back through many years in the British Army".

Conservative Rory Stewart, chairman of the Defence Select Committee also asked Francois to look at a Sikh company within the reserves "as a starting point".

In 2007, the MoD had scrapped a similar plan to start a Sikh regiment after the Commission for Racial Equality advised it could be seen as divisive and amounted to "segregation".

The latest manning figures show the Armed Forces have around 160 Sikhs in their ranks, including 130 in the Army.

Read more: http://hindi.sputniknews.com/world/20150224/1013558792.html#ixzz3SgRQLCjT
===

Imo fake news.

salute

===

:balle::balle::balle:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
So essentially sikhs are now both british and indian.
First Gorkhas
Now sikhs.

:shocked:

Blackwater

Good opportunity for illegal Sikh youth from punjab doing petty jobs as labour for only 20 pound a day , to get pakka in UK

i have heard there are 500,000 illegal sikh youth alone in UK.

all UK has to announce that anybody selected will be given UK citizenship .

I swear to GOD forget 1 battalion ,UK can make 10 sikh battalion in 1 year

sorcerer

Country flag
Good opportunity for illegal Sikh youth from punjab doing petty jobs as labour for only 20 pound a day , to get pakka in UK

May be thats what they are planning ..:D

Pakis will have own bettallion too in Ukistan soon..

Then we can fight it out in Britain! what say?

Blackwater

May be thats what they are planning ..:D

Pakis will have own bettallion too in Ukistan soon..

Then we can fight it out in Britain! what say?
on serious note

british can not trust pakis and muslim .but they can trust sikh as loyal to britain just like gorkhas

salute

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Great idea.

Even though the Sikhs, or for that matter, any other community is not the same as it was in WWII.

Yet, communities of Indian origin are still far superior to the British chav that proliferate in the ranks of the British Armed Forces.

I am sure the Sikhs of UK will make India proud.

But I am sure that the Pakistanis will now clamour for a Pakistani origin Regiment. But will the British trust giving weapons in the hands of the Pakistani chaps? After all, the Pakistani origin chaps do not have a very charitable track record, what with terrorists roaming wild like wolves in sheep's clothing.

Last edited:

jouni

Great to see Indian soldering skills in demand also in Europe!

santosh10

Great to see Indian soldering skills in demand also in Europe!
hi Jouni how how are you, hows things? long time no see?

hmmm, there is something why they always impress others, as discussed below :ranger:

Sikh truckers propose changes to turban transit system

BRAMPTON, Ont. -- A properly wound turban is as safe as a motorcycle helmet. :ranger:

IndTruckShow

sikhnet.com/news/sikh-truckers-propose-changes-turban-transit-system-0

MONTREAL - Canadian Sikh truck drivers are preparing to once again fight workplace safety rules requiring hardhats to be worn on the job -- this time in Quebec. :facepalm:

According to the CBC, mangers at the Port of Montreal are enforcing a policy that staff and any other workers entering the port, including truck drivers, must wear hardhats and other safety gear at all times.

sikhnet.com/news/sikh-truckers-propose-changes-turban-transit-system-0

Last edited:

jouni

hi Jouni how how are you, hows things? long time no see?

hmmm, there is something why they always impress others, as discussed below :ranger:
Hi, I am fine. I guess they love turbans like sami people love neljän tuulen hattus

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles