BREAKING NEWS-Militants shoot down US drone in S. Waziristan

Country flag
This drone is being reversed engineered right now in China, another US weapon that China will reverse engineer thanks to Pakistan, F-16's will be down the road.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Offtopic but let me add that F16s that are in Pakistan are of no use to China, even the Block 52s, China has reached that level of engineering technology, thats why USA giving Pakistan Blk 52 F16s. Yes, the drones can be reverse engineered in China if the wreckage is salvageable

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
You don't see much I think for a few reasons the first being Pakistan. Pakistan's failure to rid their own country, government, yes government the very people who say their against them actually provide support for them and even a safe area ion which to hide and even get stronger.
It makes fighting a foe difficult for example do you think if these were Indians going back in forth on Pakistan's border this would being happening?

Just saying those words are derogatory because it sounds like we not trying my countries soldiers are being killed in a country that receives most of it's support from Pakistan who plays both sides. Outside fighters come from from other countries and fly in and even train in Pakistan, armed, feed, etc, and then are protected as they travel to A-stan to fight against US and other troops. How do you really stop that if parts Pakistan's government are directly helping?

A lot of suicide attacks are against each other, yes they kill each other. Most of the bombing are in villages, police stations, etc not waves of suicide bombers going up against American base camps. Pakistan is the root problem because they let this base to take a foothold in their country and did nothing because there government is a part of it. I'm sure they would to blame the US for that but Pakistan is one of the most corrupt counties in the world as India knows all too well.

You may not know that most people in America don't know about India's suffering from the hands of Pakistan's government doing basically nothing. Most people just don't know that India has been fighting bombers and killers for years, I don't understand why so many don't know or why it's not covered but it's not. Yes it needs to be changed I agree 100% India's government and the US government should work together and make sure Americans and the world in general know the terrorist problem India has face and faces daily from groups in Pakistan.

ahmedsid America is trying very hard but Pakistan needs to fixed too we can't even get supplies through on ground. Pakistan's government most likely tell them the times and routes in advance. The joy that is on your border.
I agree on the whole with what you're saying, but you have to understand that it is the US who is actually funding Pakistan now. They're again going to give him billions of dollars in aid, which I'm sure will be promptly used to buy more invaluable assets in the War against terrorism such as Destroyers, Submarines, AWACS and possibly even an aircraft carrier... all of these go a long way in destroying the Taliban. :D:D:D:D

I think GoP needs to get its act together here and the US is not putting enough pressure on him. They seem to be giving everything on a platter and that isn't exactly nice.

I also think India should tell the US that they're not exactly happy about these billions of dollars of aid going to Pakistan and that these may have to be considered before announcing results for deals such as the MRCA and the many nuclear plants that countries are fighting with each other to build for India.

The US must be shown in no unclear terms that it is not the only Western power that is willing to trade and do business with India or sell arms to India and that a lot of European countries would also be willing to do that.

In short, I think we should pressurise the US a little and tell him that things will not be very hunky-dory anymore if they continue to fund Pakistan. Also, we'll make sure that if US is giving billions of dollars to Pakistan, it shouldn't be our own money from the MRCA which is being indirectly funneled to him as aid...

Now, how we put this pressure depends on how our MEA handles it. I'm certain that we have a very capable Foreign Secretary in Shiv Shankar Menon and I'm sure he will take the interests of the country into account if and when he has to give a clear message to the US.

Country flag
all this aid and weapons given to Pakistan is going to bite USA in the ass.

Country flag
Offtopic but let me add that F16s that are in Pakistan are of no use to China, even the Block 52s, China has reached that level of engineering technology, thats why USA giving Pakistan Blk 52 F16s. Yes, the drones can be reverse engineered in China if the wreckage is salvageable

whatever is salvaged will be put to good use, also awhile back apache helicopter'engines were stolen from Pakistan on their way to afghanistan
are probably reversed engineered by now, below are a list of weapons that pakistan and china have or could have reversed engineered:

Babur from a patriot
http://www.strategypage.com/militaryforums/72-14290.aspx

cobra or apache helicopter??
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/06/18/asia/AS-GEN-Afghan-Helicopter-Engines.php

the drone from this thread and in the future F-16's althouhgh China would not need to reverse engineer it they can still learn many things when they get inside pakistan's F-16 and they definetly will.

screwterrorists

Founding Member
Im sure the first thing American agents did was try to recover the wreckage.
Even before they would have attended to any injured they would have made sure this sensitive technology did not fall into the hands of anyone.

Also, yeah I wasn't comparing F-22s and Drones. Just price range wise.
An entire predator system costs approximately 30 million. This includes FOUR aircrafts, ground control stations, and Predator Primary Satellite Link. Thats around 5 million a piece for an aircraft? Hence, what I am trying to say is i would rather have like 25 drones rather than one F-22. Meaning for the army, each drone is not worth that much monetarily. Which is why i said it wasnt a huge monetary loss.

Numbers i got from here: http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=122

Country flag
it's not really a monetary loss but an intelligence gain for pakistan and China

Global Defence

New threads

Articles